what air intake and headers would give me the most performance - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > SPI Performance (2000-2004)

SPI Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Split Port Injection engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
Royce01
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93858
What I Drive: 2001 amazon green metallic SE 4dr

FF Reputation: 1 Royce01 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
what air intake and headers would give me the most performance

Hey, i been looking on the internet for a good cold air intake that would give my car the best throttle response and sound. I understand they dont give much power on a 4cyl engine and i know K&N is excellent but i've also heard that AEM and Volant are great as well. I've been thinking alot about the Volant though. For the headers im trying to find some tri-y 4-2-1 headers because they give good torque and power throughout the rev range. I know holley and hooker make good parts but not for a focus or many 4cyl for that matter. JBA, pacesetter, and there is another brand that ive seen but can't remember the name. I'm just trying to make my car perform better because im tired of hearing everybody saying that the focus is a slow ass peices of shit. the focus doesn't deserve that rep and I wanna try to get the message out that honda isn't the only tuner that can put out. I'm trying to be original.

If you have any recommendations and know of any sites that sell them it would be greatly apreciated, Thanks.

Sedan Revolution #223
Rally Revolution #223
132bhp 147ft/lb tq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #2
SkyPilot
Jetsetter

Fan#: 22350
What I Drive: 2004 SE, 2012 Yellow Blaze SE HB

Points 13,274, Level 75
Points: 13,274, Level: 75 Points: 13,274, Level: 75 Points: 13,274, Level: 75
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
FF Reputation: 45 SkyPilot Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Im assuming you have a zetec based on your signature, if thats the case, Volant and svt header conversion is gonna be your best bet, newedgeperformance.com should still sell the Volant intake, i know of at least one for sale on here in the B-S-T forum.

As for the header the only way to really do it anymore and without breaking the bank is to find used parts, do a search on the conversion and you will find tons of threads and info on the conversion.

Also look into a 65mm throttle body, it will really help with throttle response!
ZETEC Crew #26 SR #20 YELLOW BLAZE OWNERS GROUP#4
Moderator Pilot, 2 foci Owner! 04 SE Sedan [P RNDL], 12 SE HB ╠╬╝
Ford Focus Discussions, Ford Focus Marketplace, Ford Focus Tech Discussions, Movies & Music Fanatics, Regional Forums
Old 03-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #3
Royce01
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93858
What I Drive: 2001 amazon green metallic SE 4dr

FF Reputation: 1 Royce01 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
thanks right now i have an spi engine. I saved up and bought a zetec but im not allowed to install it unless i graduate this year from high school. it lookes like i may pass but in case i dont im looking for stuff for my spi. I've heard a 4.6L mustang throttle body would fit the spi but im not entirely sure if its true. my freind actually came up with the signiture and i couldn't think of anything better so thats what I went with.

Sedan Revolution #223
Rally Revolution #223
132bhp 147ft/lb tq

Bookmarks & Social Networks