Took my 2012 Fofo to Willow Springs Extreme Speed Track event - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > South West Fanatics > Fanatics: SoCal

Fanatics: SoCal Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Southern California area

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #21
4d4jacklee
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 50596
What I Drive: 2013 Black ST1

FF Reputation: 1 4d4jacklee Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I would love to be able to turn the ESC and TCS off, and run the car, but Ford doesn't offer that option on the S model. Definite downer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2012, 09:31 PM   #22
Eurofordfan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87186
What I Drive: 1985 Moto Guzzi T5 850 NT

FF Reputation: 1 Eurofordfan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4d4jacklee View Post
I would love to be able to turn the ESC and TCS off, and run the car, but Ford doesn't offer that option on the S model. Definite downer!
Ford may not offer the ability to turn off TCS on the 2012 S model...(and DOES on the SE, SEL, and Titanium) -- but I would argue - of more significance - Ford does NOT offer the turning-off (or even the toning-down) of ESC on any of the '12 Focus'.

Ford may not offer it, but I don't want to let that stop me.

Now if you are doing a DE day, and if you are modding your car by changing springs, struts or shocks, anti-swaybars, bushings, etc.. you want to be the individual in charge of the suspension tuning... not the ESC system (that's just my opinion).

So, there has to be a way of foiling the system, and I would say - not for wanton, every day use, but rather, for use during DE events, possibly for use in slalom events, and (in inclement weather -- specifically glare ice) solely for getting-going, on glare-ice. Once going, in lousy weather, of course it's a boon to have the ESC active... I WOULD want the ESC, particularly, (the TCS, meh...) in the active - on position - for almost all of the time. You could make all of those mods to the car, and it'd undoubtedly handle better than stock --- and still could tolerate having the ESC active... .but for a DE day, when you are purposely testing the limits... then it'd shut you down... Not so, if it isn't present.

I'll be darned if I DON'T figure out how to do this!

Bookmarks & Social Networks