NO indicator for winshield wiper fluid - Page 15 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #141
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrboy View Post
Picture coming tomorrow smart (another name for donkey) When looking straight down where you fill the washer fluid you can see the reservoir clearly. Just before the thin neck rises up, you should fill it to that point. It is dark now and my camera will not show this clearly.
The point is you CAN'T see the actual fill level if it isn't already filled to the top...

And as easy as 2 torx screws are for removal of the headlight that's not something anyone has the patience to do just for checking washer fluid.

Otherwise it's pretty obvious. Once a month in summer, once a week in winter.

Not rocket science and it doesn't require moving headlights or getting your hands dirty.

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #142
BetaDnB
Drum n Bass Lover

Fan#: 87466
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SE Sport

FF Reputation: 11 BetaDnB Great Standing Member
Quote:
Here is the pic looking from the top to the left. The blue liquid is your wiper fluid.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76874241@N06/8119135339/

Looking straight down, you can clearly see the wiper fluid level and how much you have left. It is not easy obviously, but very visible. Today there was overcast so the picture is not a clear as I would like it to be. Doesn't matter, open the hood and see for yourself.
A couple things. Where your camera/phone was placed to take your picture, it's impossible to put your head there unless you want to eat dirt and grime. The plastic is so thick you can barely even tell that there's fluid in there, let alone the level of it. And yes, I just went and looked...again. And with a destroyed lower back it's far from easy.

The whole point of this thread is the car is supposed to have a feature that hasn't been working on a lot of cars. It's something that makes up part of the price, so it should work.

I don't understand why people come in to these threads to do nothing but cause trouble and be know-it-alls, making points that are completely wrong. If you have nothing helpful to say, stay out. How hard is that?
Sedan Revolution #249 - 2012 SE Sport - ╠╬╝ - Ingot Silver - 201A - K&N w/ snorkel delete - Blox Type R Knob
Old 10-24-2012, 10:33 AM   #143
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaDnB View Post
And yes, I just went and looked...again. And with a destroyed lower back it's far from easy.

The whole point of this thread is the car is supposed to have a feature that hasn't been working on a lot of cars. It's something that makes up part of the price, so it should work.
That's right! If there is a sensor, the consumers paid for it.

To the other user, I don't understand what the brand of the car has to do with anything. It's not a Lexus or an Audi, but a Hyundai Equus sure as hell better have this feature. Small cars are becoming more complex in the US and it's not too much to ask for a feature that was advertised as a part of the vehicle especially when the fix is simply changing a single value in the software.

No one needs this feature to live. But not everyone needs power steering, but you'd sure as hell be complaining if it failed on your car.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #144
gsxrboy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103574
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 3 gsxrboy Good Standing Member
I agree with the nothing to say part that doesn't contribute to the post. You made it a point saying that you cannot tell the level of the washer fluid, without removing the headlight. I am only 5'7", I did not do any special yoga pose to take that picture. You don't need to stretch your back in an awkward way to see the level of the fluid either. Plus I was answering Sonics post about how I may have not opened the hood of the car. I live in Toronto Canada so the road salt and snow combination is going to affect me and I need washer fluid all the time.

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/gsxrboy/focus
Old 10-24-2012, 10:43 AM   #145
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Quote:
A couple things. Where your camera/phone was placed to take your picture, it's impossible to put your head there unless you want to eat dirt and grime. The plastic is so thick you can barely even tell that there's fluid in there, let alone the level of it. And yes, I just went and looked...again. And with a destroyed lower back it's far from easy.

I don't understand why people come in to these threads to do nothing but cause trouble and be know-it-alls, making points that are completely wrong. If you have nothing helpful to say, stay out. How hard is that?
Because he needs to pad his post count and feel good.

He also did a good job in derailing the thread.

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!
Old 10-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #146
BetaDnB
Drum n Bass Lover

Fan#: 87466
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SE Sport

FF Reputation: 11 BetaDnB Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
No one needs this feature to live. But not everyone needs power steering, but you'd sure as hell be complaining if it failed on your car.
I'd rather not have it...if it was built without a p/s rack. I wonder how hard it would be to turn the wheel on this car if the electronic p/s unit stopped working. Would it be more difficult than a hydraulic system if the pump went? I'd rather not find out and I'm going a little off topic.

Quote:
I agree with the nothing to say part that doesn't contribute to the post. You made it a point saying that you cannot tell the level of the washer fluid, without removing the headlight. I am only 5'7", I did not do any special yoga pose to take that picture. You don't need to stretch your back in an awkward way to see the level of the fluid either. Plus I was answering Sonics post about how I may have not opened the hood of the car. I live in Toronto Canada so the road salt and snow combination is going to affect me and I need washer fluid all the time.
Nobody needs to do a special yoga pose to take that picture. Arms have reach and rotation. You have no idea of my back or my range of motion so you can't really comment on what's awkward or not (for me) to be able to even look at the reservoir. And I'm going to repeat it again since I'm not the only one who's said it. You CAN'T see the actual fluid level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
Because he needs to pad his post count and feel good.

He also did a good job in derailing the thread.
The way of FF.
Sedan Revolution #249 - 2012 SE Sport - ╠╬╝ - Ingot Silver - 201A - K&N w/ snorkel delete - Blox Type R Knob
Old 10-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #147
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
I'd rather not have it...
Haha, right? We've already got people pulling Fuse 19 (ABS/TC/etc.) left and right anyway.

EDIT: Sorry, you're right. Totally off-topic.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:18 AM   #148
Sonic_HedgeHog
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00

Fan#: 50003
What I Drive: '12 Sterling Focus SE 5dr Sport Pkg

FF Reputation: 19 Sonic_HedgeHog Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Bravo, you can open your hood and take a bad picture...

The fact of the matter as stated previously... You came in here acting like a know it all on a subject where the information you brought was not asked for or needed and you have derailed a thread that had been fairly civil. You can ONLY see the filler neck from the engine bay without removing a headlight, that was all I and Beta were trying to say. There isn't a beautiful line to fill to.

With that said... A good maintenance schedule as alluded to by many would make this feature almost unneeded but it was designed into the car, we paid for the tech and the TSB is there for a reason.
Hatch Nation #156. Sonic's Mk3 Crew Founder and #00
Moderator: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus, SW Fanatics, Sonic's MK3 Crew
Old 10-25-2012, 06:06 AM   #149
flyboyike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98206
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE sedan

FF Reputation: 3 flyboyike Good Standing Member
Life must be good...fifteen pages on washer fluid indication, gotta love it.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:43 AM   #150
Quantos
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100622
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Sedan Focus Man.

FF Reputation: 1 Quantos Good Standing Member
Well, I've had the car since June and haven't used all the fluid that was originally put in the car yet. At least, I've not run out, and I had no message telling me that I did run out either. Hopefully I'll be able to actually use all of it before the winter to confirm whether I'm getting a message or not.

Bookmarks & Social Networks