New SVT...completley screwed (edit: not completely screwed anymore) - Page 9 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-22-2012, 07:38 PM   #81
ZXthrizzle05
TURBO ZX3

Fan#: 24434
What I Drive: 2007 mazda 3 I sport, TURBO ZX3

FF Reputation: 6 ZXthrizzle05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
OUCH i just read every post and every page man, i thought my car was bad. but yours just topped it. i bought my zx3 for 4 grand 5 years ago thought wow it seems in good shape drove home just fne next thing ya know the brakes were sticking the cel was on for the dpfe sensor and blowing o2 sensors every 5 thousand miles. the rad fan relay wiring was melted the front swaybar end links were broken. the coilpack was fried and the cat converter was clogged. lol but after all that driving i FINALLY blew the head asket and gave me an excuse to rebuild the whole damn thing and boost it. got all that done and now all these new part must have made my car say ''oh yeah now this old part leaks now.'' because after i got the base tune and was running some tuning logs not even really starting boost yet i notcied a slick puddle under where i was parked for a five minute idle log and the power steering pump was leaking from the PS line. replaced the O ring around the fitting tightened it down as far as it goes and it STILL LEAKS lol. im glad you are getting through your headaches. hopefully mine will subside soon!
RISE AGAIN EGGYOLK130 WHP 124 WTQ ZETEC CREW #271
RIFF CREW
TURBO DYNO COMING SOON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #82
p0sitivevibez
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 11223
What I Drive: SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 p0sitivevibez Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Thanks all for the well wishes. Yeah he knew what was up lol. I have the knuckles out and are getting bearings pressed at the shop. New hubs and bearings, new shocks, new struts, front and rear swaybar links and control arms. Then an alignment. I won't worry about the rear subframe for now because I am completley broke. And yeah, i flushed the brake system and all other fluids..radiator was nasty! I'm gonna seafoam it soon as well. The car is timed properly now after I got it from my buddys shop. If you need work in Maryland, I'd highly suggest European Automotive Services iN Silver Spring/Kensington. I trust them and they won't do unneccessary crap or rip you off, and do AWESOME work. And dang ZXThrizzle, it's STILL leaking? Wtf?!? I wouldn't trust myself with timing on account of the SHTF if you're too off...kaboom.

I still have CEL for rear o2 sensor....got some spark plug non-foulers...for off road use of course..... And Airbag light is giving me problems (ground problem according to the codes..13), other than that she runs like a methed-out cheetah. Loving it and once suspension is all fixed up (DIY except for bearings and alignment) we'll be good to go. I Appreciate all the help and concern from FocusFanatics peeps and especially big one to Focus_Family and her fam for helping get this car back into shape.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #83
ZXthrizzle05
TURBO ZX3

Fan#: 24434
What I Drive: 2007 mazda 3 I sport, TURBO ZX3

FF Reputation: 6 ZXthrizzle05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
never lay to rest a comp orange svt!!
RISE AGAIN EGGYOLK130 WHP 124 WTQ ZETEC CREW #271
RIFF CREW
TURBO DYNO COMING SOON
Old 04-26-2012, 09:23 AM   #84
focus_family
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 72232
What I Drive: 00 White SE 02 CD Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 2 focus_family Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0sitivevibez View Post
Thanks all for the well wishes. Yeah he knew what was up lol. I have the knuckles out and are getting bearings pressed at the shop. New hubs and bearings, new shocks, new struts, front and rear swaybar links and control arms. Then an alignment. I won't worry about the rear subframe for now because I am completley broke. And yeah, i flushed the brake system and all other fluids..radiator was nasty! I'm gonna seafoam it soon as well. The car is timed properly now after I got it from my buddys shop. If you need work in Maryland, I'd highly suggest European Automotive Services iN Silver Spring/Kensington. I trust them and they won't do unneccessary crap or rip you off, and do AWESOME work. And dang ZXThrizzle, it's STILL leaking? Wtf?!? I wouldn't trust myself with timing on account of the SHTF if you're too off...kaboom.

I still have CEL for rear o2 sensor....got some spark plug non-foulers...for off road use of course..... And Airbag light is giving me problems (ground problem according to the codes..13), other than that she runs like a methed-out cheetah. Loving it and once suspension is all fixed up (DIY except for bearings and alignment) we'll be good to go. I Appreciate all the help and concern from FocusFanatics peeps and especially big one to Focus_Family and her fam for helping get this car back into shape.
No prob. Good to see the car finally on the road. Think you'll have it ready in time for that car show at Adventure park? lol
Sedan Revolution #214
White 2000 Focus SE
CD Silver 2002 SVT Focus #1255
Old 04-26-2012, 10:39 AM   #85
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

FF Reputation: 67 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Dang!

Sorry you ended up with one that was so "thrashed", but the work you've done & the good results show that once again, if the body's still there ANYTHING is "fixable" once someone with a "clue" starts working on it....

Luck!
Old 04-30-2012, 09:00 AM   #86
p0sitivevibez
Focus Fanatic

Thanks!!

New problem.... did bearings/hubs/struts/shocks/control arms, swaybar links......

Got a problem I think coming from drive shaft on drivers side. The one my buddy hammered to get the the hub out of. Gonna pop off the wheel and have a look. Grinding starting from 1st and a "shutter" feel in the pedals in low speed/low gear. CV/drive shaft assembly isn't expensive thank God.

I knew I should've bought a hub puller!!

Aside from that the car is great!!! New suspension is soooo nice...no clunking or noises.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:27 AM   #87
chefster
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 60762
What I Drive: ZX3,06stangGT,62 Chevy Pickup

FF Reputation: 3 chefster Good Standing Member
could be something quite simple

They do run hot. Something burning up...could be a leaky thermostat housing...cheap fix.
The throttle plate is what is sticking inside the housing...just open it up a touch and it will stop pinching the side of the throttle. I hate when shops are so bummerville..they usually know little about the SVTs. Give it some time and read some threads, these cars are like big puzzles that keep challenging you...when they run good, its almost silly..but you know the time is limited , so be ready for your next quiz....you will become a better problem solver and mechanic. They are a great bang for the buck...welcome
Old 05-01-2012, 07:43 AM   #88
focus_family
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 72232
What I Drive: 00 White SE 02 CD Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 2 focus_family Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0sitivevibez View Post
Thanks!!

New problem.... did bearings/hubs/struts/shocks/control arms, swaybar links......

Got a problem I think coming from drive shaft on drivers side. The one my buddy hammered to get the the hub out of. Gonna pop off the wheel and have a look. Grinding starting from 1st and a "shutter" feel in the pedals in low speed/low gear. CV/drive shaft assembly isn't expensive thank God.

I knew I should've bought a hub puller!!

Aside from that the car is great!!! New suspension is soooo nice...no clunking or noises.
Your car is starting to sound like the white car..Every time you fix one problem another pops up..Like when we replaced the whole entire suspension on the car and the tensioner broke..And now the fuel pump is going bad. I swear by the end of the year our car will have every single part on it replaced..lol
Sedan Revolution #214
White 2000 Focus SE
CD Silver 2002 SVT Focus #1255
Old 05-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #89
p0sitivevibez
Focus Fanatic

Thanks Chefster, yeah I replaced all that. Thermo, PCV, coil pack, etc. Burning gone. But now the clutch is slipping or we put the front suspension assemblys together wrong. Grinds coming out of 1st, 2nd and 3rd. I need to have someone look at it.

And yeah lol. It's like a friggin game of whack a mole!!! But I WILL fix this car and drive it forever. If I give up on the SVT, the terrorists win.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:57 AM   #90
FocusedSlayer
has a screw loose

Fan#: 59042
What I Drive: 2007 CD Silver Sedan SE w/Sap

FF Reputation: 34 FocusedSlayer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Look at the bright side , at least you'll know the SVT inside and out and be able to jump for joy when you get that beast finally fixed .
Team Duratec #01,Sedan Revolution#4, Elder FocusedSlayer, Gump Crew 21

February 2012 Sedan of The Month

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->