Focus Fanatics Forum banner

peanut butter isn't just for sandwiches anymore

2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  indy_11 
#1 ·
so it's 2:30 am. pretty much just sat here bored on duty so i brought my car in to give it a detailing or two. i love how clean my car looks but these stupid white marks on the plastic on the outside of the vehicle are annoying the hell out of me. so i search online to see what i can do to fix it. and low and behold, peanut butter is the answer to all my solutions. not sure how many people actually know about this but it is new to me, so i thought i'd share with all of you who don't.

step 1: observe ugly marks and wash with soap and water

step 2: smear your peanut butter on (i dont suggest chunky as all the nuts get everywhere)

step 3: wipe off (lick if you want) the peanut butter with a rag of some sort and admire your work

these spots were from the times i waxed the car. there were more and they all came off. funny how that works...lol

See less See more
#7 ·
it's probably just the oil in it. but i couldnt tell you, im no scientist haha

I wonder if peanut oil would work with less stickiness?
maybe. but honestly, it came off really easy. i feel like peanut oil would be more of a mess. lol (with me anyways)

I have a feeling that Mother's "Back to Black" works on the same principle, utilizing the oils to mask the plastic. Like Back to Black, I wonder if it will wear off after 2-4 weeks.
i'll let you know. i seem to be the tester on the little things haha

this whole experiment made me hungry btw. so be advised you probably will make a pb & j sandwich afterwards lol

#6 ·
I have a feeling that Mother's "Back to Black" works on the same principle, utilizing the oils to mask the plastic. Like Back to Black, I wonder if it will wear off after 2-4 weeks.

#8 ·
lol, might have to give my mirrors a try!

#15 ·
anything to help!!

and not to sound greedy, but rep points are nice [:)]

#16 ·
Just an FYI.. peanut butter is also great at getting gum out of carpet.

Something to do with the chemicals in the peanut butter break down the chemicals in the gum. Just slab some on the gum, let it sit for a few seconds, and wipe away with a paper towel and BAM. No more gum. No matter HOW smashed into the carpet it is.

#17 ·
Just an FYI.. peanut butter is also great at getting gum out of carpet.

Something to do with the chemicals in the peanut butter break down the chemicals in the gum. Just slab some on the gum, let it sit for a few seconds, and wipe away with a paper towel and BAM. No more gum.
hmmmm did not know that. and i do have gum where the foot rest is...thanks!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.