making a mod list..... :-) 2012 sedan - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
2012Tuxedo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95249
What I Drive: 2012 Black sedan

FF Reputation: 1 2012Tuxedo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
making a mod list..... :-) 2012 sedan

Im itching to get started modding my Tuxedo black 2012 Focus S sedan. Im used to mustangs with more performance parts than one could count, they seem to be fewer for the Focus.

I have found a couple of CAIs offered, however as of right now K&N doesnt show one. Im curious if anyone has added one ti their 2012 yet and which brand is best.

Second im looking into exhaust, I have thought about just going axleback with a 60 series flowmaster and a split tip, or an 80 series single in dual out firebird flowmaster with 2 split tips. I want something deep and not too ricey (I know the little I-4 isnt going to sound real deep)

Third, SCT says theit tuner will work with a custom tune. Id like to have the car dyno tuned after the other mods are in place to see just what hp and tq im making wiht the little 2.0.

First things first, rims, hoping to have those on within the month. Then tint, after that the pwerformnce mods.

Also wanting to add the front and rear swaybars and coilover suspension I have seen on a couple of the 2012s on this site.

:-) I will post pics ASAP and show my progress.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 06:48 PM   #2
Twenty
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17

Fan#: 90312
What I Drive: 2012 YB SE sedan w/ ST exterior

FF Reputation: 9 Twenty Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
More people need to modify the sedans.

And since you have a Titanium, you already have the headlights and bezels that are often first on peoples' lists.
SR #74/SMk3C #17/YBOC #03
Bill M.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #3
thisiskevin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95067
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Sport 5MT

FF Reputation: 2 thisiskevin Good Standing Member
Looking forward to what you can do to this S!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:07 PM   #4
2012Tuxedo
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty View Post
More people need to modify the sedans.

And since you have a Titanium, you already have the headlights and bezels that are often first on peoples' lists.
I actually have the base S, not the titanium.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:10 PM   #5
lyonsroar

Fan#: 63166
What I Drive: 2009 Volkswagen GTI

FF Reputation: 31 lyonsroar Great Standing Member
Don't hope for huge gains. I don't mean to be a bummer, but these are economy cars built for gas mileage, not for speed. Any intake gains are going to be minimal. Tune gains are going to be mostly in the "butt dyno" department not in the horsepower department.

I know when I got my Fusion (2.3L I4 Auto) tuned it was like night and day. Throttle response hugely improved, shift speed improved, shift points different, etc. I have a Steeda intake with a larger MAF housing that works in concert with the tune. Even after those modifications I've probably gained maybe 15 HP if I'm lucky. BUT it's not the HP gains I was looking for, it was the "fun to drive" factor that can't be quantified in numbers. A slow car can still be fun. Mine's getting there. With my upcoming handling upgrades I'm hoping to get all the way there.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:11 PM   #6
2012Tuxedo
Focus Enthusiast

This is the rims i have picked out. 18"x8" shoudlt look rather good with the Tuxedo black :-)

Last edited by 2012Tuxedo; 02-20-2012 at 08:12 PM. Reason: image too large
Old 02-20-2012, 08:16 PM   #7
2012Tuxedo
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyonsroar View Post
Don't hope for huge gains. I don't mean to be a bummer, but these are economy cars built for gas mileage, not for speed. Any intake gains are going to be minimal. Tune gains are going to be mostly in the "butt dyno" department not in the horsepower department.

I know when I got my Fusion (2.3L I4 Auto) tuned it was like night and day. Throttle response hugely improved, shift speed improved, shift points different, etc. I have a Steeda intake with a larger MAF housing that works in concert with the tune. Even after those modifications I've probably gained maybe 15 HP if I'm lucky. BUT it's not the HP gains I was looking for, it was the "fun to drive" factor that can't be quantified in numbers. A slow car can still be fun. Mine's getting there. With my upcoming handling upgrades I'm hoping to get all the way there.
I bought the Focus because it was a gas sipping little car with room for passengers. I dont expect a pavement ripper. Honestly the car compares rather well to a 1998 3.8 liter i had. Its not too shabby, I was impressed. Im mostly hoping for better throttle response. I know that the gains wont be large without F/I. BUT I have a 5.0 F150 (not stock ) that is fun and can produce massive burnouts and embarrass any 5.3liter Chevy. I also have a 69 F100 with a gargantuan FE block. So displacement and power werent on my wishlist when I bought this car. Mostly just room, and fuel economy. I mostly hope to just improve the handling and throttle response.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:30 PM   #8
lyonsroar

Fan#: 63166
What I Drive: 2009 Volkswagen GTI

FF Reputation: 31 lyonsroar Great Standing Member
If you're looking for throttle response (I assume you have the auto) I can wholeheartedly recommend a tune. IDK if Steeda has released any for the 2k12 (or even plans to) but that's who did my Fusion and it will spin tires now. Spun my snow tires today actually. 100x better.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:41 PM   #9
Twenty
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17

Fan#: 90312
What I Drive: 2012 YB SE sedan w/ ST exterior

FF Reputation: 9 Twenty Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Tuxedo View Post
I actually have the base S, not the titanium.
iFail. When I saw 'Tuxedo' in your screenname my mind immediately went to Titanium for some reason. In that case, the Ti lights could be added to the list.
SR #74/SMk3C #17/YBOC #03
Bill M.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:43 PM   #10
2012Tuxedo
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyonsroar View Post
If you're looking for throttle response (I assume you have the auto) I can wholeheartedly recommend a tune. IDK if Steeda has released any for the 2k12 (or even plans to) but that's who did my Fusion and it will spin tires now. Spun my snow tires today actually. 100x better.
I have the 5-speed. Traction control comes on in forst and second. Lol. Without it im sure she would smoke them. I dont think it can be turned off. At least not on my car.

Bookmarks & Social Networks