SVT springs vs FRPP kit; comfort, ride & handling - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-21-2012, 05:27 PM   #61
mitchv
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 79720
What I Drive: 2003 blue zx3

FF Reputation: 4 mitchv Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmakc View Post
They are one and the same. They are the OEM SVT kits with rear sway bars. If you have a 2000-05 ZX3 or ZX5, you'll get a 0.5" drop without a degradation of ride.

While Amazon is a good place to buy these products, supporting the guys who support our forums is a better deal. You can get the M-3000-ZX3 kit for $247 + shipping via Tousley or Hillbish. Shipping costs depend on where you are. Talk to Tousley if you're in the central, mountain or west coast. Or Hillbish if you're on the eastern seaboard.

I just purchased the SVT dampers with 1.5" drop FRPP springs and a rear SVT sway bar for a total of 390 (shipping included). The bar was bought off of a FF member for a lot less than actual cost.

Good luck.
thanks but Im still a little confused, is the kit I linked you to on amazon the frpp kit? and can I only find svt oem suspension from a dealership?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #62
karmakc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 78622
What I Drive: 2004 Ag ZX3 D23E MTX

FF Reputation: 1 karmakc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchv View Post
thanks but Im still a little confused, is the kit I linked you to on amazon the frpp kit? and can I only find svt oem suspension from a dealership?
FRPP stands for ford racing performance parts. The links submitted were both the SVT OEM kit, they're readily available both online or through dealers who sell ford racing parts.

You can get them at Hillbish or Tousley (they like us, we like them FF/FJ style) for less than on Amazon and even compared with other dealers who sell FRPP parts.

I'm getting slightly stiffer springs and the drop is 1" more (than the SVT kit), it is being combined with the dampers that come with the SVT kit. It is a mix and match set up with components from the FRPP directory.

I hope this clears up your confusion.
Hatch Nation #135
Blazin' the Twisties #90

Last edited by karmakc; 02-22-2012 at 01:49 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:17 AM   #63
karmakc
Focus Enthusiast

Anyone know what the alignment specs are for the FRPP springs(1.5" drop) with SVT damper set up?
Hatch Nation #135
Blazin' the Twisties #90
Old 02-22-2012, 08:25 AM   #64
homey55
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 54911
What I Drive: 2003, Silver, ZX3 2.3 5-speed

FF Reputation: 4 homey55 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Anyone know what the alignment specs are for the FRPP springs(1.5" drop) with SVT damper set up?
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143550

Check here and PM Geezer...he has the specs somewhere.

You will also probably need camber bolts. I would buy them now and have them just in-case the allignment shop needs them so you don't have to wait on parts. I think they're $20-25.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:51 AM   #65
karmakc
Focus Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
Look where he live's= Hi-way 1= awesome.
Quote:
Living in Santa Cruz, grab the FRPP's kit, you'll love it. I'd also do Dunlop's Direzza Sport Z1= Star Spec's, or for a little less cash, Hankook's Evo 12's. I use to race up & down 17.
Someone knows a thing or two about the roads out here! Where did you live when you were tearing it up in SC?
Hatch Nation #135
Blazin' the Twisties #90
Old 02-25-2012, 09:28 AM   #66
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 52 felixthecat Great Standing Member
So. San Jose= Santa Therese & Snell rd, then moved to Half Moon bay.

Quote:
Someone knows a thing or two about the roads out here! Where did you live when you were tearing it up in SC?
So. San Jose for a little while, then moved to Half Moon bay. I love Hi-way 1. & another good road race rd was La Honda rd.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 02-26-2012, 11:56 AM   #67
FocusDave33
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 72701
What I Drive: 2000 Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 FocusDave33 Good Standing Member
Go with SVT

Go with the SVT kit, you will be glad you did. I tried an aftermarket kit first that was a little lower than the SVT and hated every moment of it. Could not get the wheel alignment right no matter what i did, so tires only lasted about 10,000 miles, the ride was brutal. The SVT kit i know have in my 2000 ZX3 rides nice, handles good and i now have 100,000 miles on a set of 17" tires on SVT rims.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #68
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 52 felixthecat Great Standing Member
Look where the op live's at= Santa Cruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusDave33 View Post
Go with the SVT kit, you will be glad you did. I tried an aftermarket kit first that was a little lower than the SVT and hated every moment of it. Could not get the wheel alignment right no matter what i did, so tires only lasted about 10,000 miles, the ride was brutal. The SVT kit i know have in my 2000 ZX3 rides nice, handles good and i now have 100,000 miles on a set of 17" tires on SVT rims.
What aftermarket kit did you have? E-bay crap or what? Frpp's 1.5'' drop would work awesome where the op live's
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 02-26-2012, 05:17 PM   #69
karmakc
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by homey55 View Post
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143550

Check here and PM Geezer...he has the specs somewhere.

You will also probably need camber bolts. I would buy them now and have them just in-case the allignment shop needs them so you don't have to wait on parts. I think they're $20-25.
I will do that. For the short term, I'm going to keep my current tires on to assess the wear vs alignment for the new set up.

I noticed that you mention Autolite 103's in your signature. Since you have the same motor as I do, what is your feedback on have the colder plugs?

Is there a noticeable power difference? How about fuel economy?

Try as I might, over the last year, whether I have a feather light foot or a heavy foot, my minimum has been 19.5 mpg to 29.0 mpg. The lower end was almost only in the city and the 29 was mostly highway. I've yet to crack the 30 mpg barrier and I was wondering if changing the plugs may help with that.

Your thoughts...
Hatch Nation #135
Blazin' the Twisties #90
Old 02-26-2012, 05:30 PM   #70
karmakc
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusDave33 View Post
Which kit did you have on your car? You have 100k miles on one set of tires? How did you manage that? What kind of tires are they?

Quote:
What aftermarket kit did you have? E-bay crap or what? Frpp's 1.5'' drop would work awesome where the op live's
Felix, I'm right there with you buddy, I got a little jittery at first glace for Dave's review...
Hatch Nation #135
Blazin' the Twisties #90

Bookmarks & Social Networks