A simple fix for the microphone wind noise issue - Page 22 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-13-2012, 02:18 PM   #211
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90974
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 5 noahsfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
Did you upgrade to MFT 3.0.2? That fixed my issue with the mic.
No and I won't, i would rather have a noisy Mic then deal with a bug ridden disfunctional MFT ...not to be negative but I really enjoy my v2 system. Maybe someday when they actually get MFT fixed right, but I doubt it. Besides most people said the MFT v3 was no different when it came to the Mic noise. Glad it worked for you tho.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 02:38 PM   #212
Justintoxicated
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103386
What I Drive: Silver Focus 2012 Titanium MFT

FF Reputation: 1 Justintoxicated Good Standing Member
Sound deadener should help but it's not made to stop nose, but rather vibrations at certain frequencies by adding weight. If you want to stop wind / road noise you should use closed call foam.

http://www.raamaudio.com/products/En...and-Stick.html

Going to test out my Hands Free to my voicemail on the ride home, but I haven't had any complaints.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #213
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post
Sound deadener should help but it's not made to stop nose, but rather vibrations at certain frequencies by adding weight. If you want to stop wind / road noise you should use closed call foam.

http://www.raamaudio.com/products/En...and-Stick.html

Going to test out my Hands Free to my voicemail on the ride home, but I haven't had any complaints.
Let us know how your test goes ... Test at highway speeds with windows up and A/C on to see the problem. At slower speeds its not so bad. Turn off the a/c with windows up and it gets much better but see how long you can take that in 100deg heat! Makes for short phone conversations let me tell you, lol... Of course wind will always make noise thru the mic but go ahead and try testing with windows down to compare.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #214
Justintoxicated
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103386
What I Drive: Silver Focus 2012 Titanium MFT

FF Reputation: 1 Justintoxicated Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsfocus View Post
Let us know how your test goes ... Test at highway speeds with windows up and A/C on to see the problem. At slower speeds its not so bad. Turn off the a/c with windows up and it gets much better but see how long you can take that in 100deg heat! Makes for short phone conversations let me tell you, lol... Of course wind will always make noise thru the mic but go ahead and try testing with windows down to compare.
I know how the heat goes, I had bluetooth headunit in my geo metro and no one could ever understand me even with the windows up dying in the heat. I have almost the same HU in my truck and it works great. The mic is of course in the HU and not near the roof. The roof seems like a terrible location for a mic.....
Old 09-14-2012, 04:09 PM   #215
riparke
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95781
What I Drive: 2012,red,se,hatch,manual,sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 riparke Good Standing Member
I have a Se without mytouch, the system is gated, background noise only gain is down or muted, detects voice gain up. makes it sound choppie (for want of a better description ).
So you have background noise when talking and silence between words. Ford could have used simple filtering instead, above and below voice range and a better mic and isolated mic mounting.
Went to dealer made service advisor listen to 3 recordings, 70 mph windows closed mic in ceiling - unusable, mic hanging from ceiling better, parked - perfect. Advisor said Ford is working on this and on paper work says no problem found. Have call in to Ford rep waiting for call back.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #216
skiboarder119
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98455
What I Drive: 2012 black TI 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 skiboarder119 Good Standing Member
My car was built 5/26/2012. Came with V3.02 installed. Titanium With sunroof.
Initially I did notice any problems with the microphone. Everyone commented me on how great the hands free sounded. I even used it with the windows down at low speeds.

The last couple weeks I started experiencing the same problems everyone else on here has. I just got a call from my wife driving my car, and it sounded horrible, it pushed me over the edge.

After reading through everything in this post I've decided it may be another MyFord Touch glitch, i'm going to do a bunch of test calls, then master reboot the system and test again.

My only other thought is that maybe all the heat has ruined some wires or the mic.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:47 PM   #217
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by riparke View Post
I have a Se without mytouch, the system is gated, background noise only gain is down or muted, detects voice gain up. makes it sound choppie (for want of a better description ).
So you have background noise when talking and silence between words. Ford could have used simple filtering instead, above and below voice range and a better mic and isolated mic mounting.
Went to dealer made service advisor listen to 3 recordings, 70 mph windows closed mic in ceiling - unusable, mic hanging from ceiling better, parked - perfect. Advisor said Ford is working on this and on paper work says no problem found. Have call in to Ford rep waiting for call back.
Let us know what you find out from the Ford Rep ...thanks.

Funny the dealer wrote it up as No Trouble Found when that's clearly not true. More like No Solution at this time would of been more accurate.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #218
riparke
Focus Enthusiast

As far as I can tell the car never left the dealership, so how could they have tested it, parked with no outside noise it sounds fine. Ford rep has not called back yet. Going to try some things my self.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #219
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by riparke View Post
As far as I can tell the car never left the dealership, so how could they have tested it, parked with no outside noise it sounds fine. Ford rep has not called back yet. Going to try some things my self.
Hey, riparke -

Are you expecting a call from your dealership or Ford Customer Service? I'm happy to find out what's going on, PM me your VIN or case number.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 09-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #220
riparke
Focus Enthusiast

In a thread about the changes on the 2013 I found this (I have owned a '12 Tit. And now a '13 Tit. The microphone on my 2013 works much better than it did on the '12). Has the mic been upgraded, and can we get this fix for the 2012's that are having problems.

Bookmarks & Social Networks