A simple fix for the microphone wind noise issue - Page 17 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #161
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I've asked several people how I sound @ 70mph on the highway, and all have said that there is some noise, but it's not bad at all.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #162
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
I've asked several people how I sound @ 70mph on the highway, and all have said that there is some noise, but it's not bad at all.

Call your own voice mail from the car one day. All Voice mails have the ability to record your greeting and you can play it back to hear it before it's saved.. Drive at about 70 and see if you hear any unreasonable amount of road noise in the background.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #163
Murray5476
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 94641
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Murray5476 Good Standing Member
They used both my phone and a phone from the dealership. Drove the same highway. Called back to dealership from both phones from both cars. Theirs ok...Mine Awful....
Old 05-17-2012, 02:10 PM   #164
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray5476 View Post
They used both my phone and a phone from the dealership. Drove the same highway. Called back to dealership from both phones from both cars. Theirs ok...Mine Awful....

So they had you riding with them and they called someone back at the dealership and the person that answered claimed it sounded good?

So what are they offering you then to fix your car? That would be my next question to them. I'd be like, Okay great!. So make MY Car sound like that.

lol
Old 05-17-2012, 02:18 PM   #165
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90974
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 5 noahsfocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
So they had you riding with them and they called someone back at the dealership and the person that answered claimed it sounded good?

So what are they offering you then to fix your car? That would be my next question to them. I'd be like, Okay great!. So make MY Car sound like that.

lol
Exactly! So what's the outcome or fix for this?
Old 05-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #166
Murray5476
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

I was not with the car when the test were done. This is while it was in the shop for 3 weeks trying to be repaired.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:28 PM   #167
Murray5476
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Outcome yet to be determined....
Old 05-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #168
Dysan911
Focus Addict

A fix for you Murray is a fix for ALL of us :)
Old 05-17-2012, 04:17 PM   #169
ki4csq
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99155
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus

FF Reputation: 1 ki4csq Good Standing Member
Noisy Mic too..

Sigh, I guess I join the masses with the noisy mike problem....
Its annoying, my F150 didn't sound like this, it was very quite and nobody could hardly tell I was using the MFT system.
Now, I can't drive above 15mph without someone saying get me off that speaker phone...

It is outgadious.... First the MFT problems with the system locking up, the sound going FULL BLAST... not able to even turn it off without stopping the car and getting out... They fixed that with the software upgrade, but now this Bluetooth issue is driving me insane, did I make a mistake getting this car?

Have the Titanium.

SIGH...
Old 05-17-2012, 04:56 PM   #170
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ki4csq View Post
Sigh, I guess I join the masses with the noisy mike problem....
Its annoying, my F150 didn't sound like this, it was very quite and nobody could hardly tell I was using the MFT system.
Now, I can't drive above 15mph without someone saying get me off that speaker phone...

It is outgadious.... First the MFT problems with the system locking up, the sound going FULL BLAST... not able to even turn it off without stopping the car and getting out... They fixed that with the software upgrade, but now this Bluetooth issue is driving me insane, did I make a mistake getting this car?

Have the Titanium.

SIGH...
Yeah I wondered the same thing. The last few cars I bought were base models and then lived with the regret of not getting the higher end models with all the features I was drooling over such as BT, etc. So when I bought the focus I made sure to get all the bells and whistles and the one thing I was really looking fwd too, Handsfree is a huge disappointment.

Now my front end rattles too!. However that's another 25+ page thread already in progress.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->