Headlight preferences! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-05-2014, 08:29 PM   #1
bspearman2008
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 186145
FF Reputation: 1 bspearman2008 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Headlight preferences!

What are you head light preferences I want to upgrade from the stock on my 2012 SEL but not sure what to get I'd like all the bulbs to have the same kelvin color what do you guys like?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2014, 09:28 PM   #2
papaacer
Sonic's MK3 Crew #25

Fan#: 111083
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE

FF Reputation: 8 papaacer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Headlights or headlight bulbs? I went 4300k HIDs. I retrofit my headlights as well. The red is LEDs behind the projectors that I also retrofit
That's because if a sedan was used there would be too much awesomeness and the internet would explode.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:52 PM   #3
bspearman2008
Focus Rookie

Bulbs
Old 09-05-2014, 09:52 PM   #4
papaacer
Sonic's MK3 Crew #25

I went Kensun 4300k HIDs
That's because if a sedan was used there would be too much awesomeness and the internet would explode.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:59 PM   #5
bspearman2008
Focus Rookie

Do u have any pics?
Old 09-05-2014, 10:09 PM   #6
ELCouz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 157898
What I Drive: 2012 focus SE hatchback candy blue

FF Reputation: 1 ELCouz Good Standing Member

5000K Morimoto Mini kit

If you use HID please for the safety of other drivers USE Projectors!
Old 09-05-2014, 10:15 PM   #7
papaacer
Sonic's MK3 Crew #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELCouz View Post

5000K Morimoto Mini kit

If you use HID please for the safety of other drivers USE Projectors!
I would say that safety has nothing to do with it. Yes sometimes they blind people, but I've never actually heard of someone crashing because of it. It's more of a "don't be a douche" thing.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:17 AM   #8
ELCouz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 157898
What I Drive: 2012 focus SE hatchback candy blue

FF Reputation: 1 ELCouz Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaacer View Post
I would say that safety has nothing to do with it. Yes sometimes they blind people, but I've never actually heard of someone crashing because of it. It's more of a "don't be a douche" thing.
When I drive in rural roads (no lightning except the moon) I can assure you that I must turn my eyes off the road for awhile because of the friggin glare it produce with stock halogen reflector. Light is so badly diffused that even 100 feets away you get blindness after the guy pass you. (eye take times to recover)

Worse is when they also do the foglamps HID and running both...

In city lightnings its annoying like hell but not as dangerous as when you drive in rural road.

Seriously this should be enforced more by giving ticket for not having proper lighting done!

Moral: don't be a cheap ass and don't do cheap ebay hid bulb swap kit. Change headlights with projectors or do a retrofit.

PS: Are you saying,by your logic, that pointing laser into people eyes are ok because it don't kill them? (just a douche bag thing)

Last edited by ELCouz; 09-06-2014 at 08:19 AM.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:43 AM   #9
papaacer
Sonic's MK3 Crew #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELCouz View Post
When I drive in rural roads (no lightning except the moon) I can assure you that I must turn my eyes off the road for awhile because of the friggin glare it produce with stock halogen reflector. Light is so badly diffused that even 100 feets away you get blindness after the guy pass you. (eye take times to recover)

Worse is when they also do the foglamps HID and running both...

In city lightnings its annoying like hell but not as dangerous as when you drive in rural road.

Seriously this should be enforced more by giving ticket for not having proper lighting done!

Moral: don't be a cheap ass and don't do cheap ebay hid bulb swap kit. Change headlights with projectors or do a retrofit.

PS: Are you saying,by your logic, that pointing laser into people eyes are ok because it don't kill them? (just a douche bag thing)
I'm saying that yes it is a douche thing, and I agree with most. But like I said, I've never heard of someone crashing because of someone's HIDs. Heck, my halogens were brighter than most HID in reflector housings. Most would flash me because of them so I went projectors. So what do you have to say about that?
Old 09-06-2014, 12:03 PM   #10
Jvs1991
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 117489
What I Drive: 2013, Ruby Red, SE w/ Black pack

FF Reputation: 2 Jvs1991 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaacer View Post
I'm saying that yes it is a douche thing, and I agree with most. But like I said, I've never heard of someone crashing because of someone's HIDs. Heck, my halogens were brighter than most HID in reflector housings. Most would flash me because of them so I went projectors. So what do you have to say about that?

Lol how were halogens brighter than HIDs in reflectors? My halogens are laughable at best. Regardless of crashing it's rather annoying to be blinded by someone with HIDs in reflectors, some idiot driving with high beams on, or improperly leveled headlights (which maybe why your halogens seemed so "bright")

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->