Headlight preferences! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2014, 08:29 PM   #1
bspearman2008
Focus Rookie
 
bspearman2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Fan#: 186145
Posts: 12
FF Reputation: 1 bspearman2008 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Headlight preferences!

What are you head light preferences I want to upgrade from the stock on my 2012 SEL but not sure what to get I'd like all the bulbs to have the same kelvin color what do you guys like?


bspearman2008 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-05-2014, 09:28 PM   #2
papaacer
Sonic's MK3 Crew #25
 
papaacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Fan#: 111083
Location: Willows, CA
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE

Posts: 5,295
FF Reputation: 8 papaacer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Headlights or headlight bulbs? I went 4300k HIDs. I retrofit my headlights as well. The red is LEDs behind the projectors that I also retrofit
__________________
2.25 Axle-Back; Steeda Intake;Styluz M575 Wheels; 155.27 WHP; Tom's Tune; First Selectshift Conversion IG: @papaacer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty View Post
That's because if a sedan was used there would be too much awesomeness and the internet would explode.
papaacer is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:52 PM   #3
bspearman2008
Focus Rookie
 
bspearman2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Fan#: 186145
Posts: 12
FF Reputation: 1 bspearman2008 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Bulbs
bspearman2008 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:52 PM   #4
papaacer
Sonic's MK3 Crew #25
 
papaacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Fan#: 111083
Location: Willows, CA
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE

Posts: 5,295
FF Reputation: 8 papaacer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I went Kensun 4300k HIDs
__________________
2.25 Axle-Back; Steeda Intake;Styluz M575 Wheels; 155.27 WHP; Tom's Tune; First Selectshift Conversion IG: @papaacer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty View Post
That's because if a sedan was used there would be too much awesomeness and the internet would explode.
papaacer is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:59 PM   #5
bspearman2008
Focus Rookie
 
bspearman2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Fan#: 186145
Posts: 12
FF Reputation: 1 bspearman2008 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Do u have any pics?
bspearman2008 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:09 PM   #6
ELCouz
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Fan#: 157898
Location: montreal, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 focus SE hatchback candy blue

Posts: 260
FF Reputation: 1 ELCouz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)


5000K Morimoto Mini kit

If you use HID please for the safety of other drivers USE Projectors!
ELCouz is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:15 PM   #7
papaacer
Sonic's MK3 Crew #25
 
papaacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Fan#: 111083
Location: Willows, CA
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE

Posts: 5,295
FF Reputation: 8 papaacer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELCouz View Post


5000K Morimoto Mini kit

If you use HID please for the safety of other drivers USE Projectors!
I would say that safety has nothing to do with it. Yes sometimes they blind people, but I've never actually heard of someone crashing because of it. It's more of a "don't be a douche" thing.
__________________
2.25 Axle-Back; Steeda Intake;Styluz M575 Wheels; 155.27 WHP; Tom's Tune; First Selectshift Conversion IG: @papaacer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty View Post
That's because if a sedan was used there would be too much awesomeness and the internet would explode.
papaacer is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 07:17 AM   #8
ELCouz
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Fan#: 157898
Location: montreal, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 focus SE hatchback candy blue

Posts: 260
FF Reputation: 1 ELCouz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaacer View Post
I would say that safety has nothing to do with it. Yes sometimes they blind people, but I've never actually heard of someone crashing because of it. It's more of a "don't be a douche" thing.
When I drive in rural roads (no lightning except the moon) I can assure you that I must turn my eyes off the road for awhile because of the friggin glare it produce with stock halogen reflector. Light is so badly diffused that even 100 feets away you get blindness after the guy pass you. (eye take times to recover)

Worse is when they also do the foglamps HID and running both...

In city lightnings its annoying like hell but not as dangerous as when you drive in rural road.

Seriously this should be enforced more by giving ticket for not having proper lighting done!


Moral: don't be a cheap ass and don't do cheap ebay hid bulb swap kit. Change headlights with projectors or do a retrofit.

PS: Are you saying,by your logic, that pointing laser into people eyes are ok because it don't kill them? (just a douche bag thing)

Last edited by ELCouz; 09-06-2014 at 08:19 AM.
ELCouz is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 11:43 AM   #9
papaacer
Sonic's MK3 Crew #25
 
papaacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Fan#: 111083
Location: Willows, CA
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE

Posts: 5,295
FF Reputation: 8 papaacer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELCouz View Post
When I drive in rural roads (no lightning except the moon) I can assure you that I must turn my eyes off the road for awhile because of the friggin glare it produce with stock halogen reflector. Light is so badly diffused that even 100 feets away you get blindness after the guy pass you. (eye take times to recover)

Worse is when they also do the foglamps HID and running both...

In city lightnings its annoying like hell but not as dangerous as when you drive in rural road.

Seriously this should be enforced more by giving ticket for not having proper lighting done!


Moral: don't be a cheap ass and don't do cheap ebay hid bulb swap kit. Change headlights with projectors or do a retrofit.

PS: Are you saying,by your logic, that pointing laser into people eyes are ok because it don't kill them? (just a douche bag thing)
I'm saying that yes it is a douche thing, and I agree with most. But like I said, I've never heard of someone crashing because of someone's HIDs. Heck, my halogens were brighter than most HID in reflector housings. Most would flash me because of them so I went projectors. So what do you have to say about that?
__________________
2.25 Axle-Back; Steeda Intake;Styluz M575 Wheels; 155.27 WHP; Tom's Tune; First Selectshift Conversion IG: @papaacer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty View Post
That's because if a sedan was used there would be too much awesomeness and the internet would explode.
papaacer is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:03 PM   #10
Jvs1991
Focus Enthusiast
 
Jvs1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Fan#: 117489
Location: Queens, NY
What I Drive: 2013, Ruby Red, SE w/ Black pack

Posts: 286
FF Reputation: 2 Jvs1991 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaacer View Post
I'm saying that yes it is a douche thing, and I agree with most. But like I said, I've never heard of someone crashing because of someone's HIDs. Heck, my halogens were brighter than most HID in reflector housings. Most would flash me because of them so I went projectors. So what do you have to say about that?

Lol how were halogens brighter than HIDs in reflectors? My halogens are laughable at best. Regardless of crashing it's rather annoying to be blinded by someone with HIDs in reflectors, some idiot driving with high beams on, or improperly leveled headlights (which maybe why your halogens seemed so "bright")
__________________
Mods: Gorilla Mud Flaps, H&R Wheel Spacers, Wilwood DP6 Calipers, Steeda RSB, Morimoto XB LED Fogs, Morimoto D2S Projector Retro
Jvs1991 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.