Survey: CLOSE CALLS - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-06-2003, 12:12 PM   #1
gthang
NY's Most Wanted

Fan#: 102
What I Drive: DUH!

FF Reputation: 5 gthang Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Survey: CLOSE CALLS

What's the closest you (or someone in front of you) came to having an accident?

Let me explain with a really close call that occured yesterday:

I'm driving on the Taconic State Parkway here in NY, and two cars ahead of me, is a red pickup truck. we're approaching the Jefferson Valley exit. there's a right hand turn following by a 1/2-mile to 3/4-mile long sweeping left turn. although we don't know it, there's a traffic backup just at the exit of the right-hander. i see everyone ahead of me. suddenly i see all the stopped cars, and press harder on the brakes. the pickup truck i mentioned, having jammed on his brakes, begins to slide, (he and i were in the left lane). the truck, being to long to fit the width of one lane, starts entering the right lane, and there's a car right beside me, and the truck almost crashes right in front of my eyes. however, he was lucky he didn't hit anything. but knowing how much adrenaline can get pumped up in you, he pulled over for a breather...Whew!

OK, guys, you get it?

Got It?

Good!

Begin!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2003, 12:24 PM   #2
Lil_RedZX3
Mtn. Dew

Fan#: 101
What I Drive: 2013 Taffeta White Civic Si

FF Reputation: 45 Lil_RedZX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
The other day I was in the Focus on the way to change the oil. There was a right hand turn that I like to take really fast. I was at the apex of the turn and met a Crown Vic with lights on the top. I just barely twitched the steering wheel to the right, and the car slid a little bit. I wasn't close to wrecking it, but I thought for sure I was going to get a ticket. Crown Vic never turned around!
Old 11-06-2003, 12:27 PM   #3
gthang
NY's Most Wanted

Fan#: 102
What I Drive: DUH!

FF Reputation: 5 gthang Good Standing Member
oh man, here's an unrelated close call (relates to speeding and cops):

i was racing this Civic and we're doing 90+mph when all of a sudden i see this state trooping in the median facing us, the trooper's jaw drops, and i floor it to the nearest exit. never saw him again!

All this without detectors...
Old 11-06-2003, 12:31 PM   #4
R&DSVTZX5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1093
What I Drive: 2007 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V

FF Reputation: 1 R&DSVTZX5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
My husband got stuck in BackStreet Boys concert traffic on the freeway one afternoon coming home from work, only one exit to the Civic Center in South Bound lane. Exit lane backed up for like 2 miles, some idiot decided that they wanted over in that non moving exit lane, dead stop, blinker on, in the fast lane. My husband driving single cab Ranger, dead stop in fast lane because of idiot, hears eighteen wheeler horn, down shifting, air breaks locking up and behold a jack-knife tracker trailer slides between him and the car next to him. Without hitting him, not everyone got so lucky as my husband. hubby had to take several breathers.....Whew.

"Why ask, when the answer you hear is not what you wish to hear, nor the answer you were seeking?"
Old 11-06-2003, 12:40 PM   #5
Laidman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1425
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus Euro Edition

FF Reputation: 1 Laidman Good Standing Member
I was driving around just after it rained. traffic everywhere, and I see a break. So I get going finally to a decent speedand then all of a sudden a guy pulls out in front of me from a side street. I have slam on the brakes, I start to slow down and then my fronts lock up, now I'm slidingand the car ahead of me gets closer and close. I finally come to a stop maybe a foot from the other car. I hate wet roads
Old 11-06-2003, 12:43 PM   #6
eggyolk
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1298
What I Drive: 03' ZX3 2.3

FF Reputation: 1 eggyolk Good Standing Member
Close calls? Probably several, 11 years of driving, no accidents cept I was being stupid when I was 16 in a truck on some back roads and hit a pile of dirt hard enough to jack the suspension.

Unless something is coming out of the air to fall on me, or I am stopped in traffic and get rear ended, I'm not going to have an accident, or many close calls.
Draxas race header
Old 11-06-2003, 12:47 PM   #7
R&DSVTZX5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1093
What I Drive: 2007 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V

FF Reputation: 1 R&DSVTZX5 Good Standing Member
Now for mine, (Husband still cry's over this one) This really happen, I wish it was a close call....My husband had a 92 Camaro RS Show car with a 93 Z28 LT1 Motor and all the other goodies that went along with it. Beautiful day decided it needed to be drove without asking for hubby permission. Long story short, stupid freak summer rain shower, wet road, my inexperiance driving RWD Beefy V8, lost rear- end, off the road, nose first into a 50 year old crate bush. It was like I hit a bag of flour, pink flowers off the bush went everywhere. $3800 worth of damage.....hubby see's a crate bush, he doubles over in pain.

"Why ask, when the answer you hear is not what you wish to hear, nor the answer you were seeking?"
Old 11-06-2003, 12:57 PM   #8
eggyolk
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1298
What I Drive: 03' ZX3 2.3

FF Reputation: 1 eggyolk Good Standing Member
My wife drove my car to work today for the first time...

never again
Draxas race header
Old 11-06-2003, 01:01 PM   #9
fino
Focus Addict

Fan#: 914
What I Drive: RS focus

FF Reputation: 1 fino Good Standing Member
driving along the M50 (if u seen this shit excuse of a motor way in ireland) anyway driving along behind a truck. a scooby comes up the inside in the slow lane passes me and dips in front of me. next thing i know a bit of wood bout 4 foot long comes of the truck hits the scooby the scooby vers of into the crash barrier i had to take to the grass to avoid the plank of wood. lookin back in the rear view mirror i catch a glance of the wood smashing into a poor mini! madness

| | | g
| | | r
| | |a
| | |s
| | |S shit motorway only 2 lanes!!!!!
Old 11-06-2003, 01:03 PM   #10
Lil_RedZX3
Mtn. Dew

Fan#: 101
What I Drive: 2013 Taffeta White Civic Si

FF Reputation: 45 Lil_RedZX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)