2008 ford focus se Aftermarket wiring harness & antenna harness - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #1
TFocus51
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 116800
What I Drive: 2008 Silver metallic Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 TFocus51 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2008 ford focus se Aftermarket wiring harness & antenna harness

i want to install a new aftermarket radio but i want to kno where can i find the wriring harness and antenna harness? And also can anyone tell me how to even install a aftermarket head unit because reading some stuff i got really confused because it said i need a 12v source and it says the 08 and up focus's 12v sources are hard to find but is it possible i can use the cigarette light wire for this?

Last edited by TFocus51; 07-22-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
bile0026
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97349
What I Drive: 2009 Amber Gold Metalic Focus

FF Reputation: 7 bile0026 Good Standing Member
Check out crutchfield.com. They will tell you what fits and what you need to make it work. Pretty much all vehicles are 12v with the exception of some really old cars that used a 6v system. Don't worry about the 12v stuff as it will be fine. If you get the harness from crutchfield it will just be a matter of matching up a few wires and plugging things in. You will be ready to rock!
Old 07-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #3
TFocus51
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

I was actually able to find a harness off of amazon and crutchfield doesn't have any harnesses that fit and are your sure its just a matter of lining them up because i saw on a few posts that you had to find an alternative 12v source
Old 07-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #4
bile0026
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97349
What I Drive: 2009 Amber Gold Metalic Focus

FF Reputation: 7 bile0026 Good Standing Member
Crutchfield should have everything you need. I've never heard anything about an alternate 12v power source unless you are hooking up an amplifier. If you are just placing the head unit you should not need an alternate power source. If for some reason you needed one you can just run a fused wire straight from the battery as the battery is 12VDC. IIRC there is a goofy adapter that you need for an aftermarket stereo to work since pretty much everything runs through the stereo. If you have Sync or a factory subwoofer that could also make things a little more interesting. Steering wheel controls are another thing that will need an adapter if you have those.

Usually if you purchase the h/u from crutchfield they will include all the necessary installation hardware. Although I think the MKII focus is an exception because the module/harness to connect the aftermarket stereo is like $120 or something.

Go to crutchfield and use the "see what fits my car" link under car stereos. Or use a 2009 with the same specs as everything should be the same.

The other thing I would suggest if you can't find what you are looking for on the website, I would call crutchfield and talk with one of their techs. They are very knowledgeable and will most likely be able to find you what you need. The parts may just not be listed on the website. I know I have seen them though when I was looking at upgrading the stereo on my '09.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:03 PM   #5
TFocus51
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

thanks bro ill try it out

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->