FS / maybe FT - 2007 Yamaha R6 Blue 4830 miles in north east. - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Marketplace > Buy - Sell - Trade > Archive

Archive Archive of all expired Buy-Sell-Trade postings.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-24-2012, 08:18 AM   #1
bennyfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 50465
What I Drive: 2001 Blue Zx3

Points 1,188, Level 18
Points: 1,188, Level: 18 Points: 1,188, Level: 18 Points: 1,188, Level: 18
Level Up 88% Completed
Level up: 88% Level up: 88% Level up: 88%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 6 bennyfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
FS / maybe FT - 2007 Yamaha R6 Blue 4830 miles in north east.

Lock it up, sold locally.

a. Item Description - 2007 Yamaha R6
b. Your Location - Lock Haven PA
c. FS 5,000/or possibly for trade
d. Any Related Photos - Attached
e. Person placing ad - Me, Bennyfocus, aka Ben Confer
f. Contact Information - Best to PM me, I dont have time at work for pipe dreams over the phone if things get serious I will supply phone number via PM.

Please read this post completely and look at all attached pictures, documents, and videos before asking any questions as I'm going to try and address everything in this first post.

First off since I am the original owner and the only person to perform any work to this bike I would just like to post up a picture of my ASE cert and my inspection license. I have been working on vehicles for the last 10 years of my life and know what I'm doing, I'm not some shadetree mechanic.

Also let me just say to those first time bike buyers if you think its easier to just finance at the dealer, DONT. Unless you pay large payments and get the bike paid off before the promotional period you will get hit with accrued interest and your apr will be at 20+ % making it near imposibile to get ahead on payments. If you need to take a loan get it from a bank other wise you will pay far more than the bike is worth.

Anyway

I purchased this bike brand new in 2007 from Track and Trail in State College PA and have been the original owner since 0 miles and it now has 4,830 on it. I have changed the oil every summer with Yamalube and a Yamaha filter regardless of how much I rode it just as a precaution. Both tires are new on this the rear was replaced about 2 summers ago and the front was replaced last summer before Inspection. The front tire has maybe 150 miles the rear at most 900. I just replaced the battery within the last 2 months when I took these pictures and have since installed a battery tender that can be connected and disconnected under the rear seat. When I took these photos I removed all fairings to show the bikes integrity then cleaned and re-installed everything. Since these photos I have also purchased a new front fender for it as the one on it had a scratch from someone dropping something on it in my garage.

When I had the bike apart for photos I made sure all motor bolts were torqued, adjusted the rear chain, lubed and adjusted the Ex-up valve, and just gave it a good once over to make sure everything was in order. Now in this bikes life it has had 2 issues. The first issue and I will try to make a long story short. One cold morning in november neither of my cars would start which left me with the bike, when trying to pull out I stalled it which added to my current level of anger. Once started I reved it up pulled out of my drive way leaned it to the left and cracked it open, needless to say the cold rear tire slid out and i was on my side 6 feet from my driveway. The result is a scratched bar end, a small scratch on upper fairing slighlty larger scratch on lower fairing, and a scratch under the turn signal.

These areas are all highlighted in this photo.

So look for them in the photos and the video.

Issue #2 for one reason or another the original transmission poped out of 3rd gear during acceleration and consiquently ruined the transmission. As opposed to repairing it I purchased a used engine and trans assy and replaced it. I forget exact mileage however I know at the time it was roughly 800 miles less than what was on the bike.

Receipt for the engine assy.

Also here is a copy of the title which I have in hand.

VIN# is JYARJ12E67A014679

Here is a link to a imageshack account with all the photos and they are all high res so click to make them larger.
http://imageshack.us/g/11/88007590.jpg/

And finally here is a video, I tried to bring attention to areas with damage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FX46dAYNsg

I'm not in a huge rush to sell, I only posted as i know income tax refunds are soon coming and I wanted to put this out there as an option for anyone interested. Im slighlty flexable on price but I know what I have in it and I'm already losing a ton selling it. I just dont ride it anymore I mean its a ton of fun to ride but with no one to ride with it gets boring fast. If I can get what I want I will sell but if its nothing but lowballs I will keep it and just ride it every now and then since I own it clean and clear.

NADA is 4800 to 6800 and I see them for sale with triple this mileage on ebay motors for 5k + all day long so I dont feel my price is out of line.

As far as trades partial or full let me know, I'm not looking to pay anything out towards a trade so it would either be partial + cash on your end or straight trade.

If you need more pics or videos let me know.

Also I have a trailer and can meet or deliver to a certain distance. Prefer to keep it semi local in the north east but i will go a state or two in any direction depending on distance.

Thanks for looking,
Ben

Last edited by BLRich1; 04-04-2012 at 01:56 PM. Reason: price drop
    Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
bennyfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Points 1,188, Level 18
Level Up 88% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
I forgot to mention that I will also include the Yamaha service manual that I paid 100 for, the old engine and intake assembly, and the old front fender. Keep in mind I just replaced it and that scratch in the pictures is no longer on the front fender.

I need to find it but it also comes with the factory owners manual and both tool kits are under the rear seat.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:42 AM   #3
bennyfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Points 1,188, Level 18
Level Up 88% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
All loaded up and ready to go, who should I deliver it to ? haha

Old 02-01-2012, 06:52 AM   #4
bennyfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Points 1,188, Level 18
Level Up 88% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Weekly bump
Old 02-01-2012, 07:55 AM   #5
Kickerbeast
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87814
What I Drive: FrankenFocus AWD In Progress

FF Reputation: 1 Kickerbeast Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Good luck with the sale. I had a Red 07 and I loved it. Someday I'll get another one. These are awesome bikes for anyone that is interested. Handle well and make plenty of power to get into trouble with.

ZX3 going AWD http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310574
Old 02-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #6
bennyfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Points 1,188, Level 18
Level Up 88% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Thanks for the feedback, and you're right def enough power to have fun with. I really enjoy riding it in my free time only problem is I have little free time and to me its just more of a pain in the ass to ride it as transportation. To me its more of a chore to ride it to work early in the morning and then after a long day at work the last thing I want to do is crawl back on it for the 35min ride home. At most I ride it maybe 1 or 2 Sundays a month and even at that I only usually ride it between the end of May and August when its shirt and shorts kinda weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickerbeast View Post
Good luck with the sale. I had a Red 07 and I loved it. Someday I'll get another one. These are awesome bikes for anyone that is interested. Handle well and make plenty of power to get into trouble with.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:36 AM   #7
bennyfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Points 1,188, Level 18
Level Up 88% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Bump for price drop 5,000 trying to get some more bites.
If no real serious buyers yet by this time next week I'm going to see what happens on Ebay so I figured I'd offer it for what my reserve price will be.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:13 AM   #8
bennyfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Points 1,188, Level 18
Level Up 88% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
bump bump
Old 02-18-2012, 01:51 AM   #9
blackonblacksvt03
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 80038
What I Drive: 2003 pitch black SVT 3D

Points 2,242, Level 28
Points: 2,242, Level: 28 Points: 2,242, Level: 28 Points: 2,242, Level: 28
Level Up 62% Completed
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 2 blackonblacksvt03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
love these bikes wicked good looks and fast enough for me im just to fat for one lol

I work on Fords all day so more than likely i know more about your car than you.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:54 AM   #10
bennyfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Points 1,188, Level 18
Level Up 88% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
With gas expected to hit $5 a gallon this summer I cant believe I'm still siting on this bike. If anyone was a member of PSECU you could be approved for financing and have a check in your hand in 2 days ;) Either way it wont break my heart if no one wants it. I was hoping someone would have taken this by now so I could go pick up a Yaris but at the end of the day I'll just ride the bike.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.