2000-2004 F-Sport Bumper Group Buy - Page 46 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Deals > Group Buys & Hot Deals!

Group Buys & Hot Deals! This section is the place you'll find Hot Deals and Special Vendor Discounts offered by our Vendors and Approved Group Buy Sellers.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-24-2012, 03:40 PM   #451
1hotfocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 82813
What I Drive: 00' sedan

FF Reputation: 7 1hotfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Dimensions View Post
Due to the nature of fiberglass, we can not guarantee fitment. All our products are made to the closest OEM standards possible, but since they are all hand made minor differences can occur. Also, with the vast possibilities of why products do not fit perfectly, such as accidents, heat, poor installation, etc, it is very difficult to guarantee perfect fitment. We do, however, guarantee satisfaction on our products. If for any reason you are not satisfied with what you ordered, simply contact us to return the product and receive a refund. Most of the time these bumpers don't go on right on out of the box. Little to minor modification might be required. Such as sanding, shaving, trimming, etc. I believe you guys are expecting a perfect product for pennies on the dollar. By perfect I mean right out of the box, no work required. When that is not the case.

There's no problem with that and everyone seems fine with working to make it perfect, but before you were saying pulling it in will cause damage... so your saying you need to expect to modify it, but by doing so it will damage the bumper. Wtf kind of crap is that?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using FF Mobile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 03:47 PM   #452
Extreme Dimensions
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 53558
What I Drive: Too Many To List

FF Reputation: 2 Extreme Dimensions Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hotfocus View Post
There's no problem with that and everyone seems fine with working to make it perfect, but before you were saying pulling it in will cause damage... so your saying you need to expect to modify it, but by doing so it will damage the bumper. Wtf kind of crap is that?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using FF Mobile
Before I reply, watch your acronyms. Otherwise you will be banned from this section. Modified to fit is different than modified to what you want it too look like. Trimming, shaving, sanding etc don't put stress on the item. Using brackets to make it appealing to your taste is different. It's not a requirement.
**Group Buys Welcome**
Old 09-24-2012, 03:53 PM   #453
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Fan#: 83941
What I Drive: 2003 TW Blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 9 Blue5ive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
They should've just simply said it may not fit exactly and may require some modification in order to fit/look correct since this is a copy. Not the long politically evasive response that more or less answers nothing lol.

Overall I still like the bumper and am glad they made the effort. It'll just take a little extra work to get it right.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Old 09-24-2012, 04:00 PM   #454
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Dimensions View Post
Before I reply, watch your acronyms. Otherwise you will be banned from this section. Modified to fit is different than modified to what you want it too look like. Trimming, shaving, sanding etc don't put stress on the item. Using brackets to make it appealing to your taste is different. It's not a requirement.
Using brackets will obviously be needed in order for it to look as close to oem as possible. This is not a matter of taste but fact. Just look at a picture of an RS. Besides many of the F2 bumpers ended up needing brackets as well. Is what it is. Hopefully the stress cracks due to the need for brackets will not be too hard to address.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Old 09-24-2012, 04:46 PM   #455
Blr03ZX5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 69068
What I Drive: 2003 graber green zx5

FF Reputation: 1 Blr03ZX5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
im confused about the comment "I believe you guys are expecting a perfect product for pennies on the dollar." I in no way expected a perfect product that required no mods to install. its not my first time. but for you to say this is a cheap bumper is nuts. spending over $300 is to me not cheap, plus the time ive already put into this bumper. i had to modify it to "fit" not "fit my tastes". i do like this bumper, but im afraid to go any further with it. if i have to cut, refiberglass, prep, and paint it just to have it crack to pieces in a few months, im might as well put my old bumper back on to save me the hearth ache.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #456
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blr03ZX5 View Post
im confused about the comment "I believe you guys are expecting a perfect product for pennies on the dollar." I in no way expected a perfect product that required no mods to install. its not my first time. but for you to say this is a cheap bumper is nuts. spending over $300 is to me not cheap, plus the time ive already put into this bumper. i had to modify it to "fit" not "fit my tastes". i do like this bumper, but im afraid to go any further with it. if i have to cut, refiberglass, prep, and paint it just to have it crack to pieces in a few months, im might as well put my old bumper back on to save me the hearth ache.
My concern is only the lack of flex in the Duraflex. The whole point of the video is just how flexible and durable the bumper is without it having problems which is what is implied. To pull the lower corners in a couple inches and then to start showing stress cracks shortly thereafter isn't really any better than regular fiberglass which I have messed with alot on boats, surfboards, speaker enclosures and on some cars as well. In the end time will tell.

And again I'm glad they made the effort. Gives us something to work with.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Old 09-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #457
Justin svt
Focus Addict

Fan#: 58325
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 2 Justin svt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
The video is kinda misleading I think. My bumper is pretty ridged
2002 silver ZX3 SVT #2318: Tom's Tune, 8.2mm Taylor Thundervolt wires, Custom ORP, Full Prothane bushing swap

"I buy things I don't need, with money I don't have, to impress people I don't know"
Old 09-24-2012, 09:01 PM   #458
bluebullet
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93387
What I Drive: 2003 Twilight Blue zx5

FF Reputation: 7 bluebullet Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Have any of you looked at the comments of the video??
Not trying to stir the pot

Sent from jeremy's iPhone using FF Mobile
Hatch Nation #81
Mid-west Crew
2003 zx5 twilight blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvieF View Post
Bahahaha...bromance lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroinsa View Post
when going Euro -always go full Euro
Old 09-25-2012, 12:38 AM   #459
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebullet View Post
Have any of you looked at the comments of the video??
Not trying to stir the pot

No worries and have you actually watched the video? They twist it and state "no cracking", then they proceed to beat the hell out of the bumper. Hit it with a bat, close doors on it, wack it with golf balls, throw it to the floor from high up, run into a curb with it on a car etc..... The video clearly implies the Durability and flexibility of the product without the worries of cracking or breaking like conventional fiberglass products. Hence the name Duraflex.

And again i'm still glad they made it.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Old 09-25-2012, 08:56 AM   #460
bluebullet
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93387
What I Drive: 2003 Twilight Blue zx5

FF Reputation: 7 bluebullet Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Yea but if it stress cracks what's the point of dura flex??
I was down to buy one but didn't have the funds but if they can figure out this mess I'd be down to buy if not either svt or euro front is in my future

Hatch Nation #81
Mid-west Crew
2003 zx5 twilight blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvieF View Post
Bahahaha...bromance lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroinsa View Post
when going Euro -always go full Euro

Bookmarks & Social Networks