Everythings fine... But the clock - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #41
Pendarus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94411
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium 5dr

FF Reputation: 2 Pendarus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra1969 View Post
My car is going into the dealership tonight for this issue. This will be the second time. I have been trying to do some self trouble shooting. It was fixed the last time untill the maintenance update occured. Now at 4:00 pm my time the calendar catches up. That means the caledar is 16 hours behind. It has something to do with the am and pm setting on the clock. I will update you more after I get my car back from the dealership. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
I did a lot of testing on this issue. The Calendar uses the GPS time to set the date. Unfortunately cars without Nav don't have a timezone setting, the calendar is set to UTC and will be off by 4 to 8 hours depending on your timezone. This is for the calendar only, the clock in non nav cars is not set by GPS, which is a major over-site, considering all cars have a GPS receiver.
Build Date: 03/06/12
Delivery Date: 03/30/12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2012, 09:15 AM   #42
dalbeck
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 98629
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Focus SEL 5 Door

FF Reputation: 1 dalbeck Good Standing Member
I am running in to this issue now, my clock can jump anywhere from 10-30 minutes ahead of reality. Not to mention when I plug my iPhone in now I get a message saying "No playable media on this device" (not to hijack this thread).. starting to get old.. fast.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:21 AM   #43
Tra1969
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99323
What I Drive: 2012, Tuxedo Black, Focus Titianum

FF Reputation: 1 Tra1969 Good Standing Member
Still waiting to hear back from the dealer on their plans to fix the issue.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:37 AM   #44
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalbeck View Post
I am running in to this issue now, my clock can jump anywhere from 10-30 minutes ahead of reality. Not to mention when I plug my iPhone in now I get a message saying "No playable media on this device" (not to hijack this thread).. starting to get old.. fast.
Get used to it, there are lots more bugs where that came from. If they can't get the clock right I wonder if this product will ever function totally correctly.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #45
Tra1969
Focus Enthusiast

And the answer is ...........ding!: Ford would not authorize tha replacement of the APIM. They told the dealership they are aware of the issue and working on it. They think it is a software issue. They dealership has my vin flagged for this issue waiting on Ford now. Tech says it usally goes by quarter(calendar) but he would check every two weeks for the fix. I assume it will come with the next update of the software. So now I wait.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:07 PM   #46
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
And the answer is ...........ding!: Ford would not authorize tha replacement of the APIM. They told the dealership they are aware of the issue and working on it. They think it is a software issue. They dealership has my vin flagged for this issue waiting on Ford now. Tech says it usally goes by quarter(calendar) but he would check every two weeks for the fix. I assume it will come with the next update of the software. So now I wait.
Not to discourage you, but that the clock would be fixed and mft wouldn't crash anymore are the two big promises they gave last time that weren't true at all. Supposedly there is another update coming but I wouldn't hold my breath - my guess is November and for every 1 thing they fix they'll screw up 3 more things.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:08 PM   #47
Tra1969
Focus Enthusiast

Well I will keep my fingers crossed. I heard Microsoft and BSquare(people that wrote the user interface fo MFT) were not having a great relation ship with each other on the last update. I heard two rumors on this. 1. Ford fired BSquare and hired a Microsoft team to fix the MFT software issues. 2nd was Ford formed a team with them, BSquare and Microsoft to resolve all the issue. Not sure what is the real story but I just hope it works. We will see.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:01 AM   #48
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
That sucks. The dealership replaced my APIM no questions asked. I was having a different problem though, terribly inaccurate voice commands for music. They were (and still are) much worse than they were with V2.11 (again, just music, voice commands for other categories work fine). If it is any consolation, the APIM replacement did nothing for the problem. It is pretty pathetic when Ford tries to market themselves as industry leaders in in-car technology and can't even get a clock to work.

Quote:
Well I will keep my fingers crossed. I heard Microsoft and BSquare(people that wrote the user interface fo MFT) were not having a great relation ship with each other on the last update. I heard two rumors on this. 1. Ford fired BSquare and hired a Microsoft team to fix the MFT software issues. 2nd was Ford formed a team with them, BSquare and Microsoft to resolve all the issue. Not sure what is the real story but I just hope it works. We will see.
I read a while back (before the update was released) in one of BSquares' quarterly financial reports that even though their Ford contract expired, Ford extended it but just for 6 months. My guess is it was because they needed BSquares' cooperation as Ford transitioned away from them. No hard info on this but it seems to make sense as BSquare was obviously pretty ingrained in this but, even with a small extension, knowing they were losing the contract long-term I'm sure made BSquare less than completely cooperative.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #49
jerry1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94735
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti w/ MT & Alloy Wheels

FF Reputation: 1 jerry1 Good Standing Member
Same problem here. No Nav system. It was on my list of problems when I took it in for service weeks ago. Only 1 of 5 or so issues were fixed. The clock was not. As always, if a dealer doesn't see the problem happen, it isn't a problem.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:58 AM   #50
BlueIce
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93794
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 BlueIce Good Standing Member
I have the same problem, as long as more than a few others with the MFT.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->