2012 Focus SE Hatchback Sport - Changing stock speakers - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-15-2012, 06:59 AM   #51
Tiger-Heli
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12379
What I Drive: 2002 French Blue SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 Tiger-Heli Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
What do you mean by "extras"?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #52
majorChibi
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 103279
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White SE

FF Reputation: 1 majorChibi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger-Heli View Post
What do you mean by "extras"?
I think he's referring to the fact that he has the base system with 6 speakers.

Maybe trim levels in Canada are different.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #53
Tiger-Heli
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12379
What I Drive: 2002 French Blue SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 Tiger-Heli Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Agreed - after I re-read it several times, I see what you meant.

The non-Sync system should only have 4 speakers, not six - maybe the trim levels are different in Canada (as you said).

http://www.ford.ca/app/en/fo/year/20...cle/focus.html

Although everything I see looks like the models with USB get 6-speakers and the models without have 4-speakers like in the USA ...
Old 10-26-2012, 07:23 PM   #54
kb911
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91864
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver SE Hatch 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 kb911 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzulDulceFocus View Post
UPDATE: I ended up getting Infinity 6502ix speakers instead of those Pioneer's I mentioned. They sound much better. It's been a blast driving this car with these speakers since I got them instead of the stock speakers. The sound is so crisp and clear, but it is still missing that good bass the SEL/Ti models have from the Sony sound system. The bass on the Infinity's still aren't bad. I may contemplate getting a subwoofer for my car in the future. The Kicker "12's sound very good and enjoyed them.
did you have to use a speaker bracket and if so which ones? this is my first time replacing stock speakers so im very nervous. I ended up with infinity 6032cf for about 43.00 on amazon plus shipping. when compared to the 6502 specs they are almost exactly the same except for a slightly loger depth. did you have to fabricate a connect/stragiht wire the speakers sorry for being such a noob also is it possible to take the stock front speakers and put them in the rears until i decided on a pair to replace the rear with a possible sub upgrade?
Old 10-26-2012, 09:21 PM   #55
majorChibi
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb911 View Post
did you have to use a speaker bracket and if so which ones? this is my first time replacing stock speakers so im very nervous. I ended up with infinity 6032cf for about 43.00 on amazon plus shipping. when compared to the 6502 specs they are almost exactly the same except for a slightly loger depth. did you have to fabricate a connect/stragiht wire the speakers sorry for being such a noob also is it possible to take the stock front speakers and put them in the rears until i decided on a pair to replace the rear with a possible sub upgrade?
I can't speak for the fit of the Infinity. I went with a pair of Massive Audio comps in the front but I used a set of scosche universal speaker baffles/adapters. It definitely took a bit of messing around before I got it it positioned properly. I also see quite a few folks here have used the Crutchfield adapters. But those say they fit speakers with a mounting diameter of 5 1/8 or smaller i think? and mine were a bit bigger.

I don't think you should bother putting the fronts in the rears. Just keep the rears the way they are and use the setup with fade forward. If you need more bass get a sub. Are you amping the speakers?
Old 10-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #56
kb911
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91864
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver SE Hatch 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 kb911 Good Standing Member
As of now no....very tight budget
Old 10-31-2012, 10:05 AM   #57
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb911 View Post
I used the gutted stock speaker basket/frame as the adapter for my Infinities, as the OP did. It worked perfectly. If you do this, you can use the speaker plug to the stock frame, then just solder wires from the new speaker to the connector on the frame. I wouldn't worry to much about depths, there's a lot of room in there between the door and door panel, and for the magnet inside the door.

It's the best use of the stock speakers I can think of.

I'm not sure why you'd want to make the effort to move the stock speakers to the back, as they're both of equally crappy quality.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #58
HatsuneMiku
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 105511
What I Drive: 1996 Nissan Maxima

FF Reputation: 1 HatsuneMiku Good Standing Member
Is the SE speakers really bad? Would you guys pay up to get MFT and the Sony Speaker system for a extra thousand plus?
Old 11-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #59
majorChibi
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

For me it wasn't that bad, but it just wasn't loud enough when the windows were down.

I don't think its worth the extra money if you plan on upgrading in the future.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:43 PM   #60
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatsuneMiku View Post
Is the SE speakers really bad? Would you guys pay up to get MFT and the Sony Speaker system for a extra thousand plus?
I wouldn't pay up for MFT no matter how much better it sounds. The MyFord Sync 6-speaker does everything I want it to do, and it works. It sounds pretty good with some inexpensive upgrades too.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.

Bookmarks & Social Networks