2012 Focus SE Hatchback Sport - Changing stock speakers - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-19-2012, 01:24 AM   #21
Dracoheart
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99169
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver SE w/ Sport Pack

FF Reputation: 1 Dracoheart Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I honestly think with enough time Metra will have a wiring harness adapter for the new focus. I know when the mustang came out it took some time to get the new adapters out since ford had just switched to roundish plugs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2012, 08:35 PM   #22
AzulDulceFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94680
What I Drive: 2013 Tux Blk Focus Ti HB

FF Reputation: 2 AzulDulceFocus Good Standing Member
I successfully changed my stock speakers today for 2 pairs of Pioneer TS-A1674R 3-way speakers (at $59 a pair). Needless to say, the sound is much much improved. I can actually hear the high and low frequencies again and sounds so crisp. I didn't trash the stock speakers, I just cut the wires and installed the new ones. If I decide to trade this car, those stock speakers might go back (or maybe not). Having better sound just makes this car so much funner to drive now.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #23
Dracoheart
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99169
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver SE w/ Sport Pack

FF Reputation: 1 Dracoheart Good Standing Member
Can anyone tell us which wire is (+) and (-) on the stock plug. Been trying really hard to survive with the stock set up till they make a speaker adapter but i am finding great deals on speakers and might as well just do it now. Also what size speaker fits the factory opening without modifying the factory speakers.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:19 PM   #24
AzulDulceFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Mine was professionally installed so I have no idea. I'm now thinking of adding a hideaway subwoofer to my car? I was thinking about the model 11HS8 Kicker Hideaway 8" Subwoofer with enclosure and integrated 150W Amplifier. Would anyone recommend it? I think it would be like night and day with the addition of a sub for a complete music experience.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #25
Stars4jon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103518
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue SE HB

Points 118, Level 2
Points: 118, Level: 2 Points: 118, Level: 2 Points: 118, Level: 2
Level Up 36% Completed
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Stars4jon Good Standing Member
Speaker Wire

As I have fiddled with Fords and their electrical setup many moons ago, I can tell you Ford used to use the black striped wire as the Neg(-). These are American made, so hopefully they haven't changed it.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:01 AM   #26
BLarson
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58905
What I Drive: 2012 Ox White SE Sports Pack Hatch

Points 2,813, Level 32
Points: 2,813, Level: 32 Points: 2,813, Level: 32 Points: 2,813, Level: 32
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 7 BLarson Good Standing Member
Good write up. Thank you.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #27
AzulDulceFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzulDulceFocus View Post
I successfully changed my stock speakers today for 2 pairs of Pioneer TS-A1674R 3-way speakers (at $59 a pair). Needless to say, the sound is much much improved. I can actually hear the high and low frequencies again and sounds so crisp. I didn't trash the stock speakers, I just cut the wires and installed the new ones. If I decide to trade this car, those stock speakers might go back (or maybe not). Having better sound just makes this car so much funner to drive now.
UPDATE: I ended up getting Infinity 6502ix speakers instead of those Pioneer's I mentioned. They sound much better. It's been a blast driving this car with these speakers since I got them instead of the stock speakers. The sound is so crisp and clear, but it is still missing that good bass the SEL/Ti models have from the Sony sound system. The bass on the Infinity's still aren't bad. I may contemplate getting a subwoofer for my car in the future. The Kicker "12's sound very good and enjoyed them.

Note: The stock receiver in the Focus isn't as good at delivering the power to the speakers as other receivers can. Even the Fiesta receiver with DSP sound was better. Swapping out the stock receiver in the Focus would only open a who new can of worms and cause problems as everything in the car is tied to that receiver including Sync, and all the steering wheel audio controls. So, I'll just have to live with this thing.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #28
focusstu
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103157
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Focus S 5MT

Points 491, Level 9
Points: 491, Level: 9 Points: 491, Level: 9 Points: 491, Level: 9
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 2 focusstu Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
UPDATE: I ended up getting Infinity 6502ix speakers instead of those Pioneer's I mentioned. They sound much better. It's been a blast driving this car with these speakers since I got them instead of the stock speakers. The sound is so crisp and clear, but it is still missing that good bass the SEL/Ti models have from the Sony sound system. The bass on the Infinity's still aren't bad. I may contemplate getting a subwoofer for my car in the future. The Kicker "12's sound very good and enjoyed them.

Note: The stock receiver in the Focus isn't as good at delivering the power to the speakers as other receivers can. Even the Fiesta receiver with DSP sound was better. Swapping out the stock receiver in the Focus would only open a who new can of worms and cause problems as everything in the car is tied to that receiver including Sync, and all the steering wheel audio controls. So, I'll just have to live with this thing.
Did you have any trouble fitting the speakers? Crutchfield says that they don't fit because the tweeter sticks up too high. I was considering Infinity 6032si because they have a shallower mount and the tweeter does not stick up as high.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #29
AzulDulceFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusstu View Post
Did you have any trouble fitting the speakers? Crutchfield says that they don't fit because the tweeter sticks up too high. I was considering Infinity 6032si because they have a shallower mount and the tweeter does not stick up as high.
Contrary to what they say there, the speakers fit perfectly fine as long as you don't use the grilles of the speakers. They should be properly secured so they won't rattle. The sound of these speakers are amazing and it will be like night and day compared to the original stock speakers.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #30
focusstu
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103157
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Focus S 5MT

Points 491, Level 9
Points: 491, Level: 9 Points: 491, Level: 9 Points: 491, Level: 9
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 2 focusstu Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Contrary to what they say there, the speakers fit perfectly fine as long as you don't use the grilles of the speakers. They should be properly secured so they won't rattle. The sound of these speakers are amazing and it will be like night and day compared to the original stock speakers.
Thanks for the info. Are they louder or less loud than your factory speakers at the same volume setting?

Bookmarks & Social Networks