2012 Focus SE Hatchback Sport - Changing stock speakers - Page 10 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #91
TheDriver916
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96977
What I Drive: 2012 Focus S Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 TheDriver916 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAF_S197 View Post
Cool, thanks for the reply.

I have a new pair of JL Audio C3-650 speakers that I was meaning to put on my 2009 Focus but traded it in before I got a chance to install them.
Wonder how much better they are than the stock ones?
I have been wanting to purchase a pair of c3's and move my c2's to the rear. I havent seen them under $250 and I wonder if it's worth all the money. The c2's sound ok but get a little crackly at high volumes even with the crossover at 0db. Do you think they are worth upgrading to?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #92
kb911
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91864
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver SE Hatch 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 kb911 Good Standing Member
okay I am starting from scratch and need some reccomendations.
Getting sick of the crap sound from the 6 speaker system especially the highs from the tweeters since I listen to a lot of classical. I am on a budget so cant break the bank but I figure anything is better than the paper cone setup. I was thinking the Infinity Reference 6502ix for the doors but had no idea what I should use for the tweeters. Also i have never done a speaker install before should i find someone to do it or is it straight foward and I am just being nervous I have taken the door panels off before and do a majority of the work unless covered under warranty so I know my way around the car but just have never been keen on replacing stock speakers
Old 02-22-2013, 08:31 PM   #93
majorChibi
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 103279
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White SE

FF Reputation: 1 majorChibi Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb911 View Post
okay I am starting from scratch and need some reccomendations.
Getting sick of the crap sound from the 6 speaker system especially the highs from the tweeters since I listen to a lot of classical. I am on a budget so cant break the bank but I figure anything is better than the paper cone setup. I was thinking the Infinity Reference 6502ix for the doors but had no idea what I should use for the tweeters. Also i have never done a speaker install before should i find someone to do it or is it straight foward and I am just being nervous I have taken the door panels off before and do a majority of the work unless covered under warranty so I know my way around the car but just have never been keen on replacing stock speakers
Those look like two-ways so they already have tweeters.
If you're just replacing speakers. Its not too bad, just follow the guides for mounting the speaker. Either use the crutchfield adapters, universal adapters, or trash the old speakers and use those.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:11 AM   #94
vacman
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 107472
What I Drive: '13 5M white Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 vacman Good Standing Member
Honestly if its your first time I would just have it done. I consider myself a pretty savvy installer and it still took me over an hour. Soldering connections and cutting out the old basket take time, and so does removing the door cards. If you're not confident with any of those steps, just get it done. You'll be way happier.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:45 PM   #95
kb911
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacman View Post
Honestly if its your first time I would just have it done. I consider myself a pretty savvy installer and it still took me over an hour. Soldering connections and cutting out the old basket take time, and so does removing the door cards. If you're not confident with any of those steps, just get it done. You'll be way happier.
I've already taken the door cards off to insulate them better and get rid of the door rattle they are fairly easy it was more on the wiring side I'm not comfortable with...I'll prob end up taking your advice and getting them done the problem is car places around here seem to be outrageous
Old 02-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #96
Tiger-Heli
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12379
What I Drive: 2002 French Blue SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 Tiger-Heli Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
For the tweeters - you probably either want to go with component speakers (but then you have the issue of mounting crossovers), or just disconnect them.

The installation can be as complicated as you want to make it.

Soldering the connections and cutting the speaker baskets are good suggestions, but you could also just make an adapter plate out of plastic or MDF and splice into the existing wiring (which is probably what a shop will do if you pay them anyway).
Old 03-03-2013, 01:19 PM   #97
greg hazlett
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93486
What I Drive: 2012 Black Ford Focus SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 greg hazlett Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I just un installed the Boston Acqoustic speakers I had in the car for the past year since I am returning the car to stock to sell and all I can say is wow, are the stock speakers junk.

If anyone is interested in buying 4 Boston Acqoustic speakers let me know! Model number is in my signature!
Old 03-04-2013, 07:27 AM   #98
Tiger-Heli
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12379
What I Drive: 2002 French Blue SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 Tiger-Heli Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I'm not in the market for them, but how much are you asking for them and are you including any adapter brackets to make them fit?

Thanks!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:58 AM   #99
greg hazlett
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93486
What I Drive: 2012 Black Ford Focus SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 greg hazlett Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
$60 plus shipping and yes, it will include all the pieces I recieved with them which includes the adapter plates, rings and foam gaskets.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #100
kb911
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg hazlett View Post
$60 plus shipping and yes, it will include all the pieces I recieved with them which includes the adapter plates, rings and foam gaskets.
just tried to PM you but i think my computer is acting up are they still for sale?

Bookmarks & Social Networks