BMW to 2012 focus - Page 10 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-09-2013, 12:06 PM   #91
a572mike
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96165
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Frosted Glass

FF Reputation: 1 a572mike Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
31,000 miles, and we've had no problems with ours. Sure, sync is a pain sometimes, but I would certainly buy another Focus. BMW on the other hand, I've lost a lot of respect for them in the last 10 years over their design and engineering direction. I love my E46, and if I ever replace it, it certainly will not be with a new BMW.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2013, 07:05 AM   #92
kmoose
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94429
What I Drive: 09 Escape V6 (Focus on the way)

FF Reputation: 1 kmoose Good Standing Member
As a veteran of owning German cars, I can tell you that dealing with VW, Mercedes or BMW is a royal P-I-A compared to dealing with Ford, Honda, or any other non Euro manufacturer. Mercedes in particular will do anything to avoid paying a warranty claim, as will VW. Ford Canada is awful to deal with, but at least they give their dealers the latitude to make decisions.

As a former service advisor and manager in both the MB and Ford worlds (as well as Honda) I would never, ever, ever, ever recommend a European car to a friend. They are beautiful cars, and nothing drives quite like them. But they break. A lot. BMW, Mercedes, VW/Audi have all fallen victim to the accountants and are not nearly as bulletproof as they once were....and when they break, the bills can bury you.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #93
sylvestermax
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 115411
What I Drive: 2012-White Trycoat-SEL, BMW Z4

FF Reputation: 1 sylvestermax Good Standing Member
I purchased a 2012 Focus SEL last weekend with one hell of a deal. I was able to get a fully loaded SEL in White Trycoat. The car was a fully specked out dealer demo with only 7K miles on it. The only packages missing were the cold weather options which are useless here in central FL. I was able to purchase the car for under $18K.
I use this car as a daily driver for my 60-mile round trip commute to work. I also drive a somewhat souped up 2004 BMW Z4 3.0 with 45K miles and a 2008 Toyota Tacoma. The Focus is a great all around car with great features. Although the car handles well it does not compare to the BMW in handling, performance, or fit and finish. They are in two separate leagues.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #94
iAmTitanium
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114637
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 0 iAmTitanium Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoose View Post
As a veteran of owning German cars, I can tell you that dealing with VW, Mercedes or BMW is a royal P-I-A compared to dealing with Ford, Honda, or any other non Euro manufacturer. Mercedes in particular will do anything to avoid paying a warranty claim, as will VW. Ford Canada is awful to deal with, but at least they give their dealers the latitude to make decisions.

As a former service advisor and manager in both the MB and Ford worlds (as well as Honda) I would never, ever, ever, ever recommend a European car to a friend. They are beautiful cars, and nothing drives quite like them. But they break. A lot. BMW, Mercedes, VW/Audi have all fallen victim to the accountants and are not nearly as bulletproof as they once were....and when they break, the bills can bury you.
Surprising because I find it a true terror for any one to diagnose and properly repair my Fords where as my MB the problem was replicated, found and fixed and I never had to go back. Not the same case at all with ford.

3 words for ford service "Cannot replicate problem"

Funny the 2nd time I come in and act like an A hole you can. l

At least MB called if they where not sure. Fords service depts are all a mess to, pull up and you have no idea where to go or what you should do.

They need some standardization at the dealers as well as minimum requirements. Ford dealers usually are 30 years old and look like they where built in sections on the tightest of budgets.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:18 PM   #95
cantos
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94295
What I Drive: bmw e46

FF Reputation: 1 cantos Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by st falcon View Post
You may just be interested in the 2013 Fusion. It has ALL the looks and tech of a luxury car. I think that if you got an SEL with the SEL Premium Package, maybe lightly tint the window to solidify thr look of the exterior, keep it clean and viola! But the size of the car is not indicative of "luxury" to many people, so again, check out the new Fusion. Looks more cohesive, agressive, and luxurious than any BMW I have seen on the road in a long time. At least before Chris Bangle mangled them!
Hey -- catching up on my two year old post now. Would you believe, I did in fact sell my 2005 Bmw 325i to buy the 2013 Fusion? Well I went up and did it. I am lov'n the Fusion. Heh.

cantos
Old 03-20-2014, 06:38 AM   #96
CunFFS13
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 117411
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Ford Focus S MT

FF Reputation: 6 CunFFS13 Good Standing Member
BMW is way better than Ford, when my Mini Cooper S was at the BMW dealer 'cause some warranty work related, I got a free loaner! Ford doesn't even return my calls... When I'm in the BMW shop they offered me a coffee or soda, Ford doesn't and has the nasty dirty restroom I ever saw. Do you want me to start "talking" about quality between these two cars?
Old 03-20-2014, 04:46 PM   #97
Woggy64
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104328
What I Drive: '12 Ti 5dr with sport pkg & sunroof

FF Reputation: 2 Woggy64 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by CunFFS13 View Post
BMW is way better than Ford, when my Mini Cooper S was at the BMW dealer 'cause some warranty work related, I got a free loaner! Ford doesn't even return my calls... When I'm in the BMW shop they offered me a coffee or soda, Ford doesn't and has the nasty dirty restroom I ever saw. Do you want me to start "talking" about quality between these two cars?
You are not talking about the cars themselves but the dealership. Neither BMW or Ford has any direct control over the restrooms at your local dealer.

My Ford dealer has Starbucks in the waiting room, along with donuts in the morning....our MBZ does offer coffee, but it's unknown brand (but no donuts :( ). And they (MBZ) have bottled water - which is wrapped in a label for them.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:11 PM   #98
Pennut
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91326
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 4 Pennut Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CunFFS13 View Post
Sure, when you show me a $23,000 BMW then we can compare the quality.

My Ford dealer has been excellent through and through.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->