Blue Candy thread - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #41
Kalvin00
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 34316
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 1 Kalvin00 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by st falcon View Post
Sweet! I think you are really gonna enjoy this car. Out of the seven different cars I've owned, and the dozens I have driven, This is the most fun I have ever had in a daily driver (except my old 06 mustang GT!)

Welcome to the forum, and make sure to check out the other sub forums too, they have a ton of great info as well!
Thanks. I'll be coming from an 07 mazdaspeed3, which I guess some may consider a downgrade.. Mostly i'll probably miss that two-stroke like power hit that the speed3 has, but i'm worried about its reliability as it gets up there in mileage. I don't feel like dealing with a huge repair bill if the VVT goes out or it throws a rod or something..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2012, 12:12 AM   #42
gullwingdmc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88545
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 2 gullwingdmc Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood125 View Post
wow. got hit on 12/30 by a deer on my rh glass/mirror/fender as well. Being fixed now as we speak. Sad days for blue candy foci
HELP! Mine got hit…again. Again on the rear bumper. My dealer/body shop painted it with the exact same color it did last time but it looks way different. During the day it looks perfect, barely noticeable. At night though it looks way wrong. Can any one help? If your body shop has got the match right can you give me their info maybe I can have my shop call them.

Thanks!

Old 01-13-2012, 12:59 AM   #43
st falcon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92343
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy HATCH SEL

FF Reputation: 3 st falcon Good Standing Member
gullwingdmc! you gotta show this to the body shop. Where did you get it done? This is waaay unacceptable. I would be knocking down their door to get this taken car of!

1996 Bronco XLT 351W
Cant wait for Summer when I pop the top!!
Old 01-13-2012, 01:05 AM   #44
gullwingdmc
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
gullwingdmc! you gotta show this to the body shop. Where did you get it done? This is waaay unacceptable. I would be knocking down their door to get this taken car of!
Oh I already did earlier tonight. This is the ford dealer's body shop I'm dealing with. They have been really great at making sure I'm happy with the car. The first time it was hit they tried dozens of paint mixes and ended up sending a piece of my old bumper out to PPG in california to have them do a mix. Ultimately that mix looked the best, but at that point it was the third coat of paint. When I got hit a second time they painted it the PPG formula the first time and this is what it looked like. It looks near perfect in the day time, but as the sun sets it changes, its like the Jekyll and Hyde paint job.

So now I don't know where to go, I'm hoping the body shop will have another idea. Or that someone here who has had better luck can help.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:17 AM   #45
st falcon
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullwingdmc View Post
Oh I already did earlier tonight. This is the ford dealer's body shop I'm dealing with. They have been really great at making sure I'm happy with the car. The first time it was hit they tried dozens of paint mixes and ended up sending a piece of my old bumper out to PPG in california to have them do a mix. Ultimately that mix looked the best, but at that point it was the third coat of paint. When I got hit a second time they painted it the PPG formula the first time and this is what it looked like. It looks near perfect in the day time, but as the sun sets it changes, its like the Jekyll and Hyde paint job.

So now I don't know where to go, I'm hoping the body shop will have another idea. Or that someone here who has had better luck can help.
I am in the same boat, or at least the same lake...I still notice a difference in the paint shade in certain light/angles, but that looks severe. I too had it done at the dealer. They must all know of the challenge of blue candy. I would ask them if they applied the proper clear coat. Ours is TINTED clear coat, that gives you the effect of shading in different surfaces as light reflects differently off of those areas. I would not be surprised if a rookie they assigned the clear coat to made this error. I had that happen on my Mountaineer.

1996 Bronco XLT 351W
Old 01-13-2012, 01:19 AM   #46
gullwingdmc
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
I am in the same boat, or at least the same lake...I still notice a difference in the paint shade in certain light/angles, but that looks severe. I too had it done at the dealer. They must all know of the challenge of blue candy. I would ask them if they applied the proper clear coat. Ours is TINTED clear coat, that gives you the effect of shading in different surfaces as light reflects differently off of those areas. I would not be surprised if a rookie they assigned the clear coat to made this error. I had that happen on my Mountaineer.
Ill ask them about the clear coat. Can I ask you which dealer you went to? Maybe I can have mine call yours and they can give them the mix.

Thanks
Old 01-13-2012, 01:29 AM   #47
st falcon
Focus Addict

Its was at Jack Demmer Ford in Wayne MI, right across from Focus Final Assembly

Phone: 734-721-2600

Todd Rourke is the estimator I dealt with, and if they are unaware of which car it was (tho I doubt that) it was the ine they had to have in a second time to touch up missing paint on the hatch caulk line. I picked it up last week so it should be fresh in their minds. Hope it helps. Mine is pretty darn close, but I'm a paint perfectionist, not unlike you, I suppose!

1996 Bronco XLT 351W
Old 01-13-2012, 01:32 AM   #48
gullwingdmc
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
its was at jack demmer ford in wayne mi, right across from focus final assembly

phone: 734-721-2600

todd rourke is the estimator i dealt with, and if they are unaware of which car it was (tho i doubt that) it was the ine they had to have in a second time to touch up missing paint on the hatch caulk line. I picked it up last week so it should be fresh in their minds. Hope it helps. Mine is pretty darn close, but i'm a paint perfectionist, not unlike you, i suppose!
thank you!
Old 01-13-2012, 01:35 AM   #49
st falcon
Focus Addict

This is a terrible pic and I will try to send you some better ones soon of the rear bumper, weather permitting here.
The streaks are from rain...Its close to yours tho, night time with flash, wet....

And then snow...

1996 Bronco XLT 351W
Old 01-13-2012, 01:39 AM   #50
gullwingdmc
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
This is a terrible pic and I will try to send you some better ones soon of the rear bumper, weather permitting here.
The streaks are from rain...Its close to yours tho, night time with flash, wet....

And then snow...
Looks pretty close to me, how does it hold up at night? Where I noticed the difference the most was under the yellow/orange lights used in most parking lots.

Bookmarks & Social Networks