Blue Candy thread - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-29-2011, 12:26 PM   #11
tmnCA
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91665
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Hatchback SE, Sport

FF Reputation: 0 tmnCA Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
gullwingdmc, I think the angles of the bumper catch the light differently and I bet it will be impossible for anyone who doesn't know to tell that the bumper was painted the color match looks great in the pics at least. I notice that some pics of our color look more green (not very green just a slight tint) my car looks very very BLUE in real life.

I've had tons of compliments on the color and comments like "wow, fancy - what is it?" and I live in the land of exotic and luxury cars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2011, 12:35 PM   #12
jennay16
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84095
What I Drive: 2012 Metallic Grey Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 jennay16 Good Standing Member
Wow what great pics!! This thread makes me wish I chose Blue Candy.. it is gorgeous!! I chose Sterling Grey and I do still love it.. On thanksgiving, a Blue Candy focus pulled up next to me, rolled his window down and yelled "Wow I wish I chose that color for mine.. that is awesome!" so I guess the same goes for everyone! I have had the car for almost 7 months now, and still get compliments from strangers everywhere I go. :)
Old 12-29-2011, 12:37 PM   #13
st falcon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92343
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy HATCH SEL

FF Reputation: 3 st falcon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gullwingdmc View Post
Heres mine. Unfortunately after only 3 days it got hit in a parking lot. I had to have the rear bumper replaced and the dealer went over and above trying to match the color, but it still looks different in some lights. Something about the new color was just a pain to match. They even sent a part of my old bumper out to PPG for them to try and match it.

Blue is my fav color, and who doesnt like candy lol! I will get some pics up soon hopefully, but it is snowing every other day just enough to get the roads wet and dirty up the paint...plus its dark here by 5pm, and well, you know...

At least yours isnt too light (or maybe you think it is?). Our dealer did the same thing, trying to match it perfectly, but I told them that is impossible as there are rubberizers in the paint for plastic applications. At most angles ours is too light after the accident repair (from the factory the plastic bumper covers are too dark at certain angles), but we cant get it repainted because the insurance co.. says that its the same color and there are no actual defects in the paint job..

BTW NICE combo, the wheels look great on Blue Candy...Now just tint those windows to match the wheel look completely!

1996 Bronco XLT 351W
Cant wait for Summer when I pop the top!!
Old 12-29-2011, 12:48 PM   #14
st falcon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92343
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy HATCH SEL

FF Reputation: 3 st falcon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennay16 View Post
Wow what great pics!! This thread makes me wish I chose Blue Candy.. it is gorgeous!! I chose Sterling Grey and I do still love it.. On thanksgiving, a Blue Candy focus pulled up next to me, rolled his window down and yelled "Wow I wish I chose that color for mine.. that is awesome!" so I guess the same goes for everyone! I have had the car for almost 7 months now, and still get compliments from strangers everywhere I go. :)
Ahhh, the grass is always (insert color you didnt pick) on the other side right?!
I know the feeling, but I think blue candy is perfect for the Focus, but I do like the Sterling Grey on Ti's...You ever notice how certain cars only look good in certain colors, or visa versa really bad in others? maybe its subjective, but there has to be a reason certain colors sell more than others...it must be a combo of things? Wheel type/color (i love the yellow with the black/polished optional wheels, red with black or chrome wheels, etc..) I like the painted silver wheels of all shapes and sizes with blue candy tho, silver and blue just seem to pop...

1996 Bronco XLT 351W
Cant wait for Summer when I pop the top!!
Old 12-29-2011, 08:41 PM   #15
gullwingdmc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88545
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 2 gullwingdmc Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by st falcon View Post
At Least yours isnt too light (or maybe you think it is?). Our dealer did the same thing, trying to match it perfectly, but I told them that is impossible as there are rubberizers in the paint for plastic applications. At most angles ours is too light after the accident repair (from the factory the plastic bumper covers are too dark at certain angles), but we cant get it repainted because the insurance co.. says that its the same color and there are no actual defects in the paint job..

BTW NICE combo, the wheels look great on Blue Candy...Now just tint those windows to match the wheel look completely!
Well they get to take another crack at it as my car was hit again today, again in a parking lot and on the bumper. Maybe this paint job will be better who knows.

Thank you. I really like those wheels on the titanium in our color.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:35 PM   #16
tmnCA
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91665
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Hatchback SE, Sport

FF Reputation: 0 tmnCA Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by st falcon View Post
AYou ever notice how certain cars only look good in certain colors, or visa versa really bad in others? maybe its subjective, but there has to be a reason certain colors sell more than others...it must be a combo of things?
Definitely. On a bigger car the blue would be way too much. On our car it just looks electric. A neighbor in my condo building saw me pull in today and said nice new care GREAT COLOR!
Old 12-30-2011, 10:44 PM   #17
Triborough
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92479
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 Triborough Good Standing Member
Not mine, I have an Ingot Silver, but one I found this SE in a parking lot.

2012 Ford Focus SE by Triborough, on Flickr

2012 Ford Focus SE by Triborough, on Flickr
Old 12-31-2011, 12:30 AM   #18
BooBerry
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90175
What I Drive: 2012, Blue Candy, SE

FF Reputation: 2 BooBerry Good Standing Member
I will add my pics after I get my ST spoiler installed :)

Gamertag = FailSnail Ink
Old 01-04-2012, 05:42 PM   #19
BooBerry
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90175
What I Drive: 2012, Blue Candy, SE

FF Reputation: 2 BooBerry Good Standing Member
Has anyone noticed the paint in the center of the body panels look lighter on theirs? I noticed that on the edges of the door it looks darker then it does in the center of the door.. and mine is like that on both sides...

Gamertag = FailSnail Ink
Old 01-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #20
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Add mine to the list of Blue Candy foci in the bodyshop.

Had a good-sized doe bodyslam the driver's side rear door and quarter on New Year's evening.

Bookmarks & Social Networks