2012 Focus SE Transmission Grinding - Page 32 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-13-2013, 09:35 AM   #311
geeksquadagent
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113231
What I Drive: 2013 Yellow Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 geeksquadagent Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Welp, apparently the bubble isn't covered by either my service plan or warranty. New tire is $170... really starting to regret this service plan / Ford in general...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2013, 09:51 AM   #312
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111167
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Titanium DCT Dilemma

FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeksquadagent View Post
Welp, apparently the bubble isn't covered by either my service plan or warranty. New tire is $170... really starting to regret this service plan / Ford in general...
This is why I did not go with the Ford service plan, whatever it's called, they actually gave it to me without my knowledge, I went back the following day and told them I did not want it and had them readjust the financing which reduced my payments.

It's just their way of making more $, the fine print which a lot of people do not read tell's you what a rip off it is.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #313
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeksquadagent View Post
They sell coverage specifically for the tires and wheels called tire care, hence why it's not included in the extended service plan contract.

By default the original tires aren't covered for the length of the bumper to bumper warranty as it is a wear item, and therefore has a lower threshold (afaik somewhere between 12-18 months and 12-18k miles on a pro rata basis).
Old 04-13-2013, 08:19 PM   #314
geeksquadagent
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113231
What I Drive: 2013 Yellow Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 geeksquadagent Good Standing Member
Yeah, still sucks that I have a 1.5 year old car getting grinding noises and tires getting bashed. This month alone I think including the car payment I've put $330 + $170. I bought a service plan for 6 years that covered me up to 130,000 miles so I wouldn't have to chuck out expenses like that. After that one I'm now on a quarter tank for a week. They've also lied to me about my service plan. I was told it was a 6 year 130k mile plan but when I walked in 2 days ago they gentleman standing there helping me said it was a 100k mile. Which I don't agree with mainly because I wrote down the different plans and they're mileage and have the 130k circled in my brochure. Idk I just have that feeling that I'm getting screwed for long haul...don't really trust the dealership I bought this one from :/
Old 04-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #315
Clamper13
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113466
What I Drive: 2013 White SE

FF Reputation: 1 Clamper13 Good Standing Member
2013 SE
Build date Feb, 19, 2013

Add me to the list of drivers who hear the rattle from under the hood and sense a lurch, which was accurately described elsewhere as "hesitation when accelerating from a low speed after coast down, harsh or late 1-2 upshift, harsh shifting during low-speed tip-in or tip-out maneuvers."

Add me to the list of owners who received a quick brush-off from the dealer with "It's normal."

I drive a lot; 1,100 miles in the first week. It started on day one. No changes since.

When it's due for its first maintenance, I'll get the issue and their response documented, then take it from there. Fingers crossed.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:39 PM   #316
nomad05
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88768
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 nomad05 Good Standing Member
It's been a while since I've been back to this forum, but unfortunately looks like I'm suffering from this issue as well.

Initially I thought it was part of the programmed transmission, but the grinding has become increasingly worse over the last two months. The grinding in mine seems to be especially bad from gears 1-3.

I'm going to try to schedule an appointment with my dealership soon. I've tried to wade through a lot of this thread, is there an issue # or something I can reference to help guide the process?

Chris
Old 04-24-2013, 07:57 AM   #317
Rockyherald
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 100151
What I Drive: 2012 ZX5 SEL SONIC BLUE

FF Reputation: 1 Rockyherald Good Standing Member
I had that for the first thousand miles or so. It did go away after that. Now I have rear right wheel bearing going out. My wife's son is a Ford master tech so we don't get blown off. He does say that most of the complaints are people who think these cars should act like their old car and that isn't explained by the salesman. I definitely got the sense that my car was "learning" my driving style and the car progressively improved shifting and acceleration over time. I now have 12,000 miles on and the car drives great! Referring to post 315

Last edited by Rockyherald; 04-24-2013 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Adding info
Old 04-24-2013, 12:12 PM   #318
nomad05
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88768
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 nomad05 Good Standing Member
I just hit 19k miles, and the grinding is getting worse. :(
Old 04-25-2013, 03:27 PM   #319
sdwcam01
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 106567
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 sdwcam01 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyherald View Post
I had that for the first thousand miles or so. It did go away after that. Now I have rear right wheel bearing going out. My wife's son is a Ford master tech so we don't get blown off. He does say that most of the complaints are people who think these cars should act like their old car and that isn't explained by the salesman. I definitely got the sense that my car was "learning" my driving style and the car progressively improved shifting and acceleration over time. I now have 12,000 miles on and the car drives great! Referring to post 315
So, you’re saying the car is great, but you have a wheel bearing going out at 12,000 miles….doesn’t that seem wrong to you? I agree, it should act like my old car, it shouldn’t be breaking while it is still brand new; I’m no expert, but I would think no problems up to 80K is a pretty good car. My problems have started and continued to get worse since 800 miles, I don’t think it’s me wishing it is my old car; this car is simply cheap…
Old 04-26-2013, 07:09 AM   #320
Rockyherald
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 100151
What I Drive: 2012 ZX5 SEL SONIC BLUE

FF Reputation: 1 Rockyherald Good Standing Member
It's a wheel bearing not an engine or a Trans. You want cheap my work van is a '12 Chevy van. In for warranty 3 times total pos.do you really think every car that rolls off the assembly line will be perfect? I have have the least amount of problems with New fords than I have had with GM, Mazda. Even Toyota has issues but Toyota does a good job of covering it up. One wheel bearing bad out of the last 10 Fords I've owned,not bad.

Bookmarks & Social Networks