2012 Focus SE Transmission Grinding - Page 31 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-10-2013, 03:56 PM   #301
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi geeksquadagent,

Send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, current mileage, daytime phone number, and full name; I want to get your regional customer service manager involved so they can help.

Thanks!

Crystal
By 'help' you mean send him to a dealership so that he can be told either: "that's normal", or "we don't have a fix", depending what type of smoke the service advisor wants to blow up his ass, RIGHT?

Geeksquadagent: Taking the car to the dealership is probably not going to get it fixed. I know this from experience. My car is still messed up, after many deaelership visits. GOOD LUCK.

I hate this goddamned car. I hope a meteor falls on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #302
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
I hope a meteor falls on it.
Does insurance cover that?
Old 04-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #303
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Does insurance cover that?
I would hope so.

I know it wouldn't cover me dousing the car with gasoline and lighting it on fire. (I fight that urge every day.)
Old 04-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #304
geeksquadagent
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113231
What I Drive: 2013 Yellow Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 geeksquadagent Good Standing Member
Well about 2 days ago I just scheduled an appointment for this Tuesday. Apparently there's several recalls for me. Yay (ugh). They tell me the transmission needs to be retimed and the wiper motors need replaced and/or an O-ring needs to be installed (which will apparently take half a day). I still have yet to find out exactly what my service plan covers, being a first time car-buyer I'm sort of surprised I paid some odd-thousand dollars for a service plan and doesn't cover oil changes... Apparently its their "Premium package" or something. Once Tuesday hits I'll let you guys know what was done and if the issue was solved or not. But I guess before that they have to fix some random issues I didn't even know about. Also, I saw a bubble in the side of my tire. Apparently that fix is a first come first serve basis so I'm headed in tomorrow to get that fixed (their power was out tonight, my luck right?).
Old 04-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #305
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111167
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Titanium DCT Dilemma

FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeksquadagent View Post
Well about 2 days ago I just scheduled an appointment for this Tuesday. Apparently there's several recalls for me. Yay (ugh). They tell me the transmission needs to be retimed and the wiper motors need replaced and/or an O-ring needs to be installed (which will apparently take half a day). I still have yet to find out exactly what my service plan covers, being a first time car-buyer I'm sort of surprised I paid some odd-thousand dollars for a service plan and doesn't cover oil changes... Apparently its their "Premium package" or something. Once Tuesday hits I'll let you guys know what was done and if the issue was solved or not. But I guess before that they have to fix some random issues I didn't even know about. Also, I saw a bubble in the side of my tire. Apparently that fix is a first come first serve basis so I'm headed in tomorrow to get that fixed (their power was out tonight, my luck right?).
When was your car built? Late 2012 or 2013?
Old 04-12-2013, 01:50 AM   #306
geeksquadagent
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubeway Army View Post
When was your car built? Late 2012 or 2013?
I literally bought my car on October 7th, 2011. It was before both of those years. Early model = lots of kinks from what I heard. I went to the dealership with my 01 Pontiac GrandAm that pretty much exploded (cracked headgasket) and told myself, "I'm not getting a hatchback and I'm not getting it in yellow." Welp...I saw this car and like a fly to the blue light I said to myself...oh, damn that's perty. However if I'd have known it had this many issues with the transmission I would've just waited until the ST came out... :(
Old 04-12-2013, 06:08 PM   #307
90harper
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96059
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 90harper Good Standing Member
Took my 2012 SEL with DCT to the dealership for grinding, stalling, and the whole lot. They took an audio sample, sent it to Ford, and I got a new clutch installed a week later and no longer have any issues.

Maybe I just have a good dealership?
Old 04-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #308
sdwcam01
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 106567
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 sdwcam01 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
By 'help' you mean send him to a dealership so that he can be told either: "that's normal", or "we don't have a fix", depending what type of smoke the service advisor wants to blow up his ass, RIGHT?

Geeksquadagent: Taking the car to the dealership is probably not going to get it fixed. I know this from experience. My car is still messed up, after many deaelership visits. GOOD LUCK.

I hate this goddamned car. I hope a meteor falls on it.
Unfortunately, the more I drive this car, the more I feel that urge to leave it on some train tracks. There are so many little defects, which drive me crazy; it has gotten to the point that when I am on a bumpy road, Iím not sure if I am going to make it, as the car sounds like it is going to rattle itself apart.

The interior rattles, the exterior rattles, the engine (under the hood) rattles, the shocks sound like they are going to burst through the wheel well anytime I barely hit a bump, the transmission grinds, MFT freezes and doesnít work half the time, and I have to assume the Hill Start (canít remember the name) doesnít work as it rolls backwards on hills, big or small.

Iím sure there is more, but the point is, I make monthly payments for this car Ė shouldnít it be somewhat still new since I only have 4000 miles?
Old 04-13-2013, 02:54 AM   #309
geeksquadagent
Focus Rookie

Well pretty soon here I have a work meeting and then I'll be taking my car in for 1 of 2 visits. Today's visit is for the bubble in the tire. I'll let you guys know how things go there. I have a premium service plan so hopefully all goes well. If not, I'm gonna try to get my money back at least for the service plan, paying waaaay too much money to be fronting things out of pocket for this car after 1.5 years.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:41 AM   #310
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

FF Reputation: 11 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdwcam01 View Post
About it rolling backwards, I was doing some searching and I believe it is supposed to have an automated Hill Assist System in it (I have to check the owner’s manual). It is supposed to engage the brakes and engine pressure on any hill over 4 degrees to stop it from rolling backwards. Again, I’ll see if mien is equipped with that, but I still think it is something that it shouldn’t do.
The Hill-Start Assist is a sensor-based system that will apply the brakes and hold the vehicle on an incline for about 2.5 seconds

Hill Start Assist will not hold the vehicle on an incline indefinitely.

demo
Hill Start Assist with PowerShift: Come to a complete stop, foot off brake pedal and car will hold itself in place for a few seconds until you press the gas...goal: prevents rolling back on hills.
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQS3a_bOweA

Bookmarks & Social Networks