2012 HID Thread (Info Only No Arguing) - Page 39 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-18-2013, 07:59 PM   #381
electricbeach
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 113132
What I Drive: 2012 blue focus SE 5-speed

FF Reputation: 1 electricbeach Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I had a ddm kit in my accord, bought it 4 years ago and it was great. Ordered another one last year from them, garbage. I like morimoto, more expensive but ya, you get what you pay for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2013, 02:46 AM   #382
ChalupaJones
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 110818
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus S

FF Reputation: 2 ChalupaJones Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricbeach View Post
I had a ddm kit in my accord, bought it 4 years ago and it was great. Ordered another one last year from them, garbage. I like morimoto, more expensive but ya, you get what you pay for.
DDM got recommended to me when I was asking the guys I work with. I bought three sets. The ones I get for my head lights and my wife's head lights were good. The set I bought for her fogs was broken an the wrong size to boot even though the box it came in had her fog bulb size written on it.

In all my opinion is I'm going to stay with American from now on cause 'Murika. Stuff coming from china is just too risky of a purchase even if its a good product because of how far it's got to go.
Military crew, Blue Focus Crew, Chalupa Crew #1
Old 05-26-2013, 11:45 AM   #383
Bliky
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95135
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Bliky Good Standing Member
I just ordered a retrofit kit from retrofitsource which is the H1 kit... I assume that I would still need the harness and resistors but im not sure which type to get.. The harness, am I going to need an H1 Harness or an H11 harness? I assume the plug and play resistors will work without having to cut and splice with the retrofit kit?
Old 05-27-2013, 12:18 AM   #384
meattooth
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97031
What I Drive: 2012, candy blue, se hatchback

FF Reputation: 5 meattooth Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliky View Post
I just ordered a retrofit kit from retrofitsource which is the H1 kit... I assume that I would still need the harness and resistors but im not sure which type to get.. The harness, am I going to need an H1 Harness or an H11 harness? I assume the plug and play resistors will work without having to cut and splice with the retrofit kit?
Im using retrofit source h1 projectors but retro solutions focus hid kit and harness. If you got the h1 projectors you need the h1 hid kit. You only need an h11 harness if you're running hids in you us made reflector housings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using FF Mobile
Sonic Crew #012 E-123 Omega
Old 05-27-2013, 01:07 AM   #385
Bliky
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by meattooth View Post
Im using retrofit source h1 projectors but retro solutions focus hid kit and harness. If you got the h1 projectors you need the h1 hid kit. You only need an h11 harness if you're running hids in you us made reflector housings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using FF Mobile
I'm doing projectors so no HIDs in the stock housing and I got the Mini H1 kit from retrofitsource and the kit comes with H1 HIDs. I assume it's still the same that I need the H11 harness from retro-solutions (and I only need one harness, not one for both bulbs, right?). Also do I need the resistors? I assume the universal plug and play ones would work.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:51 AM   #386
meattooth
Focus Fanatic

If your retro kit comes with hid ballasts and bulbs it should be coming with the relay and all wiring you need minus resistors. I would give TRS a call and tell them what vehicle it's going on and ask if their can-bus error eliminator works on our cars. If it does eliminate the dipped beam error I'd get it through them. If not just get the resistors through retro solutions. If the can-bus works it would be easier because you dont have to worry about mounting resistors on metal away from everything.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:01 AM   #387
meattooth
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KibaWolf View Post
Since I live in canada and we have DRL here which run on lower voltage, I took that wiring diagrams and added what we (canadian) needed to still be able to run HID fine with the DRL

This is what youll need:

Relay Harness
http://retro-solutions.net/product-i...ss-pid582.html

Capacitor
http://retro-solutions.net/product-i...nk-pid586.html

Resistor
http://retro-solutions.net/product-i...hm-pid601.html

My personal choice of HID
http://www.vvme.com/hid-headlights/s...conversion-kit
The resistors in this post is what you need. I read back through and the can-bus eliminator works hit and miss but these resistors always work.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:56 AM   #388
ChalupaJones
Focus Enthusiast

I went with the resistors from retro solutions. They work great! I still get the error but the lights come on no problem and the code goes away after 5 seconds. I can also get you a 10% discount from them if you want to pm me for the code.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:37 AM   #389
Bliky
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by meattooth View Post
If your retro kit comes with hid ballasts and bulbs it should be coming with the relay and all wiring you need minus resistors. I would give TRS a call and tell them what vehicle it's going on and ask if their can-bus error eliminator works on our cars. If it does eliminate the dipped beam error I'd get it through them. If not just get the resistors through retro solutions. If the can-bus works it would be easier because you dont have to worry about mounting resistors on metal away from everything.
Okay so I went back and looked, the kit I ordered had an option for a Wiring Harness Relay and I chose the H11 one which I assume would be basically the same thing as the H11 relay harness that comes from retro-solutions. Now all I need from them is the resistors... And the plug and play should work fine so I don't need to tap and splice any wires, correct?
Old 05-27-2013, 08:30 PM   #390
ChalupaJones
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliky View Post
Okay so I went back and looked, the kit I ordered had an option for a Wiring Harness Relay and I chose the H11 one which I assume would be basically the same thing as the H11 relay harness that comes from retro-solutions. Now all I need from them is the resistors... And the plug and play should work fine so I don't need to tap and splice any wires, correct?
You should be good to go. That's how I did mine. I had a universal harness from retro-solutions. I went through a long email conversation with them and they said that the universal harness would work just fine with their resistors and HIDs from DDM tuning. I've had em in for several months now with no problems!

Bookmarks & Social Networks