2012 HID Thread (Info Only No Arguing) - Page 12 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-20-2012, 03:08 AM   #111
TitaniumGero
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88508
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Titanium Focus

FF Reputation: 3 TitaniumGero Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusBoy58 View Post
Items you need for the install on your 2012 (If you purchase cancellors or anything else YOU THINK might work your going to waste your time and everyone elses asking why their not lit so follow my instructions)

Resistors http://retro-solutions.net/product-i...hm-pid601.html

Relay Harnesshttp://retro-solutions.net/product-i...ss-pid582.html
So I have both of these installed on my car and I still get the error. I'm pretty sure I installed them properly, but without a proper installation guide, I really have no idea.

Can anyone who installed them without getting errors post an installation guide (hopefully a before and after video)?

I currently have the DDM 5000k 35w kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 06:25 AM   #112
jcbbas
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90384
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Focus

FF Reputation: 1 jcbbas Good Standing Member
So anyone got any pictures of where they grounded the relays and resistors? I basically had to make the ground to the passenger side relay go to the driver side. I also skipped both resistors (with a bulb out error, as expected) and didnt have any problems until this morning where I would have to turn them off and on multiple times until they came on. I know that is probably because of the lack of the resistors but I spent a good couple of hours friday trying to find a decent ground for either side close enough that I would not have to drill or make my own grounds. I basically ran both grounds from the relay to the main grounding post by the battery. So main question is, any pictures at all about where you grounded everything? I mean I can take some pictures after I get off work today and show you all kind of what I had to do but its basically not going to be right for anyone that needs a full how to with pictures. I skipped the resistors for now, couldnt find a decent ground especially on the passenger side.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #113
FocusBoy58
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03

Fan#: 38424
What I Drive: 01 Turbo,12 SE,95 Vette 396

FF Reputation: 14 FocusBoy58 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (16)
Use the Top Alternator bracket bolt for the ground on the passenger side. Or use a self tapping screw and ground it to the frame.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:08 PM   #114
jcbbas
Focus Enthusiast

I had saw that alternator bolt. Some reason went right over my head to use that. Thanks Focusboy.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:31 PM   #115
2012silversel
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83969
What I Drive: 2014 C-Max Energi, Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 1 2012silversel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I'm thinking about getting a 2013 Escape and I can't decide between an SEL with full leather and halogene headlights or a Titanium with partial leather and HID's. My question is, using your headlights 1-2 hours a day, how long do HID's last and what is the replacement cost.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #116
2012silversel
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83969
What I Drive: 2014 C-Max Energi, Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 1 2012silversel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Well, I answered one of my questions. Holy crap, $265.42 to replace the Taurus SHO HID headlight. Check this out.

http://www.texasmotorsfordparts.com/...EADLAMP%20BULB
Old 02-21-2012, 05:48 PM   #117
BlueIce
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93794
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 BlueIce Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012silversel View Post
Well, I answered one of my questions. Holy crap, $265.42 to replace the Taurus SHO HID headlight. Check this out.

http://www.texasmotorsfordparts.com/...EADLAMP%20BULB
That's actually pretty cheap. I had them in my VW GTI - Each bulb was $350 to replace.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:49 AM   #118
jcbbas
Focus Enthusiast

From what I have seen, they are suppose to be "Lifetime" Bulbs. I believe most are claimed to last 2500 hours. But my father in law has a chevy malibu with partial leather seats. If its the seats that have some soft cloth in the middle and leather on the outsides go for it. Best leather seats I have ever felt.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:07 AM   #119
Joey D
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86391
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Titanium 5-Dr

FF Reputation: 2 Joey D Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012silversel View Post
I'm thinking about getting a 2013 Escape and I can't decide between an SEL with full leather and halogene headlights or a Titanium with partial leather and HID's. My question is, using your headlights 1-2 hours a day, how long do HID's last and what is the replacement cost.
My Cooper had HID's and I had them on every time I started the car (they were auto on). I ran them like that for 4 years, just about every single day and they were still working just fine. I wouldn't be too worried. Plus if they fail prematurely I'm sure you could complain loud enough for the dealer to warranty them.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:36 AM   #120
Dunka
ɔıʇɐuɐɟ snɔoɟ

Fan#: 94911
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 Dunka Good Standing Member
Same here, ran my Maxima for 4 years ( Auto on as well ) and never had a problem with the OEM HIDs. Actually the only light I ever had to change was a rear brake light.
HatchNation #51

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->