Great new for all the audiophile! - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-17-2013, 07:24 PM   #1
pascalbp
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109695
What I Drive: 2012, blue candy, focus

FF Reputation: 1 pascalbp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Great new for all the audiophile!

Hi guy's this thread is just to inform everybody here that I changed all my audio setup in my Ford Focus 2012 10 speakers Sony system!

First of all, now my sound system is &?%$/"& AWESOME! I swear to god that the system was so awful. As a audiophile I wanted QUALITY and LOUD system. I had a problem and it was the HEAD UNIT, profesionnal told me that the head unit was the entire problem of the system because of the low and poor signal (0.5V- 1V). The solution was 1. Change the Head unit 2. Get a Audison Bit Ten D audio processor. What is the Bit Ten D? It's a processor that take your signal from the unit and boost it to get the maximum quality. I decided to get the bit ten d and guest what IT'S AWESOME. It's expensive
550$, but I swear you that it's worth it. The sound is amazing and loud.

So here's my new setup :

I buyed one audison bit ten D : 549,99$

2 speakers set of JL-audio C2-650 330$ on ebay

and I had my own clarion amp. My four new speakers are amplified by my Clarion amp and the sony sub is still working by the original amp.

Eventually i'll try to make a video to show you the quality in my car now, you guy will be surprised :P

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #2
ShogunSamurai2005
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91057
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus 5 dr

FF Reputation: 1 ShogunSamurai2005 Good Standing Member
Ive got a 2012 Focus . I have replaced all speakers with cerwin vega component speakers front and rear plus a single cerwin vega 12" high end subwoofer as well. Tweeters flat mount front and rear as well. All linked with two amplifiers. 4 ch for component spkrs and a mono block amp for thr sub. Sound? Ten times better than stock. I didnt need to add an Audison Bit Ten D. Adding an amp increases the highs and lows using the freq settings of each amp. Anyways....just my thoughts.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #3
pascalbp
Focus Rookie

Well glad to see your happy with your new speakers. But I think you don't know what good sound is or maybe for you good sound = a lot of shitty bass.

Ask to a professional and tell him that you have the stock unit... He'll tell you the same thing that i'm telling you. I agree changing the speakers with an amp is better and yes your sound is LOUDER because of the amp, but you don't have better quality. Speakers do what your unit want. If your unit have .5v of signal, your speaker will play a .5v of signal. Your amp just take your .5 V of signal and boost it to get a louder sound, that it. The bit ten D BOOST the .5v to get a 6V signal and increase everything. So everything is cleaner, crisper, louder. NOW the amp is boosting the cleaner, louder and crisper sound again and the result of the sound is outstanding.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #4
ShogunSamurai2005
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91057
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus 5 dr

FF Reputation: 1 ShogunSamurai2005 Good Standing Member
Perhaps youre right but until a company releases a good aftermarket brand stereo system and a good dash replacement ill stick with my stock. Im not after those cheap ass Chinese crap. Lol
Old 02-17-2013, 08:30 PM   #5
jinstall
Deutsche Arsche

Fan#: 9730
What I Drive: 01 ZX3RACECAR/04 ST170/13 FST2

FF Reputation: 4 jinstall Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Well a single component upgrade will not give you audiophile sound, period. I have more than $3000 in audio and I still do not consider it audiophile quality. My home system on the other hand is audiophile quality. There is a lot more to it than just adding one or two pieces to a system to get audiophile sound. You have to plan a system out and calculate all kinds of factors for sound, reflection, imaging, dampening, resonance, etc.
2013 Focus ST2 TS NAV SUNROOF-Hers
Old 02-17-2013, 08:33 PM   #6
crice8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84830
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pascalbp View Post
Hi guy's this thread is just to inform everybody here that I changed all my audio setup in my Ford Focus 2012 10 speakers Sony system!

First of all, now my sound system is &?%$/"& AWESOME! I swear to god that the system was so awful. As a audiophile I wanted QUALITY and LOUD system. I had a problem and it was the HEAD UNIT, profesionnal told me that the head unit was the entire problem of the system because of the low and poor signal (0.5V- 1V). The solution was 1. Change the Head unit 2. Get a Audison Bit Ten D audio processor. What is the Bit Ten D? It's a processor that take your signal from the unit and boost it to get the maximum quality. I decided to get the bit ten d and guest what IT'S AWESOME. It's expensive
550$, but I swear you that it's worth it. The sound is amazing and loud.

So here's my new setup :

I buyed one audison bit ten D : 549,99$

2 speakers set of JL-audio C2-650 330$ on ebay

and I had my own clarion amp. My four new speakers are amplified by my Clarion amp and the sony sub is still working by the original amp.

Eventually i'll try to make a video to show you the quality in my car now, you guy will be surprised :P
There are much cheaper things than the bit ten d... The audio control LC6i is amazing and dose the same thing boosting your stock signal up to 9v! I have it setup right now with mine and my system sounds amazing. It is only $113(=
Galatians 6:14
Old 02-17-2013, 08:40 PM   #7
pascalbp
Focus Rookie

Jesus Jinstall give me a break!!! This thread is just to help guys like me who don't love the sound system in their focus 2012, i'm not talking about what a audiophile is, I just took this word to show how much I love music in my car.

come on
Old 02-17-2013, 08:59 PM   #8
pascalbp
Focus Rookie

I said 6V but maybe it's more i'm not sure that's what the installer told me as an example to explain me the bit ten. Anyways for all the haters, I can't do anything but say that the bit ten is an outstading product. For all that have money, go buy it without a doubt.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #9
spinadog
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108381
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST3

FF Reputation: 1 spinadog Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShogunSamurai2005 View Post
Ive got a 2012 Focus . I have replaced all speakers with cerwin vega component speakers front and rear plus a single cerwin vega 12" high end subwoofer as well. Tweeters flat mount front and rear as well. All linked with two amplifiers. 4 ch for component spkrs and a mono block amp for thr sub. Sound? Ten times better than stock. I didnt need to add an Audison Bit Ten D. Adding an amp increases the highs and lows using the freq settings of each amp. Anyways....just my thoughts.
Shogun, is there a pre out leading to the Sony amp that you can easily use to drive a real amplifier with?
Old 02-17-2013, 10:20 PM   #10
jinstall
Deutsche Arsche

Fan#: 9730
What I Drive: 01 ZX3RACECAR/04 ST170/13 FST2

FF Reputation: 4 jinstall Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pascalbp View Post
Jesus Jinstall give me a break!!! This thread is just to help guys like me who don't love the sound system in their focus 2012, i'm not talking about what a audiophile is, I just took this word to show how much I love music in my car.

come on
Then choose your words better and dont jump someone when they reply to your post and I'm not talking about my post.
2013 Focus ST2 TS NAV SUNROOF-Hers

Bookmarks & Social Networks