2001 Focus Pollen/Cabin Filter Cover Underside Pic ? - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #1
TheSheerOg
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96730
What I Drive: 2001 Silver Ford Focus Ghia

FF Reputation: 1 TheSheerOg Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2001 Focus Pollen/Cabin Filter Cover Underside Pic ?

I recently changed the pollen filter on my focus, and also replaced the foam sealer bit they sticks to the windscreen, however i noticed the cover doesnt sit flush on the windscreen, i went over everything, and found that the right side white clip thing was bent so it wasnt clipping in correctly (honestly, it looked very phallic). I straightened it and this bit clipped in nicely again, and the right hand side along with the left hand side was clipped in securely and tight against the windscreen, however the middle section still sticks out a bit.

What im looking for is a picture of the underside of this cover, to see if there should be another similar clip that holds it in even further to completely flatten it out against the windscreen. Anybody happen to have one ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
sparkey
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114510
What I Drive: 2000 zx3 black and 2007 rio

FF Reputation: 1 sparkey Good Standing Member
I would go & look but I don't know where to look for the
Cabin filter let me know & ill look for ya
Old 07-05-2013, 08:17 PM   #3
TheSheerOg
Focus Enthusiast

Would really appreciate it mate, thanks :)

Its this cover that sits on the bottom of the windscreen on the passenger side -

Basically it has 1 screw covered with a circular cover, then everything is is clips basically. On the opposite end of the cover is a small plastic nib that pops into a hole to keep that side tightly snug. What i'm looking for is something similar but in the center if it exists :)
Old 07-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #4
sparkey
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114510
What I Drive: 2000 zx3 black and 2007 rio

FF Reputation: 1 sparkey Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSheerOg View Post
I recently changed the pollen filter on my focus, and also replaced the foam sealer bit they sticks to the windscreen, however i noticed the cover doesnt sit flush on the windscreen, i went over everything, and found that the right side white clip thing was bent so it wasnt clipping in correctly (honestly, it looked very phallic). I straightened it and this bit clipped in nicely again, and the right hand side along with the left hand side was clipped in securely and tight against the windscreen, however the middle section still sticks out a bit.

What im looking for is a picture of the underside of this cover, to see if there should be another similar clip that holds it in even further to completely flatten it out against the windscreen. Anybody happen to have one ?
Looked didn't see anything in the middle so I went and
Looked on utube there is some good video on there
Just type in cabin filter & the year & focus on utube good luck looks easy
Old 07-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #5
TheSheerOg
Focus Enthusiast

Checked today and found there is a middle mounting gromit thing, that wasn't sitting on the cover, so it was higher than it should be, but now sorted :) Thanks sparkey !

Bookmarks & Social Networks