Third gen bordumb chat - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-27-2012, 07:23 PM   #61
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
thought you all would be interested in reading this from Autoblog:

Most everyone at Ford is grinning from ear-to-ear these days, as the company is enjoying profits as well as a vastly improved product portfolio and public image. Sales are up, the product pipeline is full, and market share grew last year. You can almost imagine Ford CEO Alan Mulally saying, "What, me worry?"

But that's exactly what he should be doing, according to Forbes, which suggests Ford is growing arrogant and its numbers aren't nearly as solid as they appear. For instance, Forbes says Ford was also right up there with Toyota and Honda when it came to recalls last year, far outpacing crosstown rivals General Motors and Chrysler. Ford recalled some 3.3 million vehicles in 2011, compared to 773,000 for Chrysler and just 500,000 for GM.
But the real shocker is that Forbes says Ford tops all automakers when it comes to fleet sales. Not only are fleet sales usually less profitable, but they also tend to hurt resale values, meaning that selling 32 percent of its vehicles into fleets last year does not bode well for the Blue Oval or the residual values of its owners. According to the report, the model with the most fleet sales was the new-for-2012 Focus. A staggering 45 percent of Focus models sold last year were to fleets, which isn't good for anyone, save the guy standing in line at the Hertz counter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2012, 10:24 AM   #62
bsp_53
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87580
What I Drive: 2012 FF Titanium HB, Yellow Blaze

FF Reputation: 1 bsp_53 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobie56 View Post
thought you all would be interested in reading this from Autoblog:

Most everyone at Ford is grinning from ear-to-ear these days, as the company is enjoying profits as well as a vastly improved product portfolio and public image. Sales are up, the product pipeline is full, and market share grew last year. You can almost imagine Ford CEO Alan Mulally saying, "What, me worry?"

But that's exactly what he should be doing, according to Forbes, which suggests Ford is growing arrogant and its numbers aren't nearly as solid as they appear. For instance, Forbes says Ford was also right up there with Toyota and Honda when it came to recalls last year, far outpacing crosstown rivals General Motors and Chrysler. Ford recalled some 3.3 million vehicles in 2011, compared to 773,000 for Chrysler and just 500,000 for GM.
But the real shocker is that Forbes says Ford tops all automakers when it comes to fleet sales. Not only are fleet sales usually less profitable, but they also tend to hurt resale values, meaning that selling 32 percent of its vehicles into fleets last year does not bode well for the Blue Oval or the residual values of its owners. According to the report, the model with the most fleet sales was the new-for-2012 Focus. A staggering 45 percent of Focus models sold last year were to fleets, which isn't good for anyone, save the guy standing in line at the Hertz counter.
I saw that too ... very interesting. The part about the rental cars is so true. My brother loves my FoFo, how it handles, drives, shifts, etc... His wife's Honda needed to be in the shop for a week so he was sure to get a '12 FoFo rental. To put it mildly, he thought it was a POS. Now granted, it was an "S" and not a Titanium, but it seems that at least that rental co. is not applying TSB's and those problems us fanatics have been chasing down and quashing continue to live on.
Hatch Nation #174
Old 02-04-2012, 04:56 PM   #63
Phoenix335
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92175
What I Drive: 2012 RCM FF Ti ,2007 black 335i

FF Reputation: 1 Phoenix335 Good Standing Member
Kind of annoying that you can't start threads w/o so magic # of posts....

But I love the FF Ti we picked up a couple of weeks ago. The DCT issues seem to be gone! The MFT is slow slow slow, hopefully they will fix this with the new update.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #64
cacophonous
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89165
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti & 2005 Saab 92X Aero

FF Reputation: 2 cacophonous Good Standing Member
I have 1, 3 : 3, 0 and 3, 9 for super bowl squares.

NEP / NYG

going to hang at home this year with wife and kid instead of going to or having a party
Old 02-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #65
Scriptorum
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89797
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium HB + Nav

FF Reputation: 1 Scriptorum Good Standing Member
Oh don't get me started about super bowl squares. I've got G/P Q1/2: 7-8, 4-5, 0-1 and Q3/4: 7-5, 1-1, and 4-4. That's a whole lotta crap. Cacophonous, I'll post an incredibly large image of my squares for your benefit ASAP.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:44 AM   #66
TitaniumGero
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88508
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Titanium Focus

FF Reputation: 3 TitaniumGero Good Standing Member
I wonder if I put strips of LEDs around the outside of my fog lights, will they look "halo-ish"? Just thought it might look cool :P Too bad I suck at modding...
Old 02-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #67
Joey D
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86391
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Titanium 5-Dr

FF Reputation: 2 Joey D Good Standing Member
This isn't worth making a new thread for but I'd like to hear some opinions on these wheels. Photoshoped on of course.

Old 02-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #68
kelscar
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88165
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 kelscar Good Standing Member
Looks good to me, I think these cars look great with a lot of different wheel combinations.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #69
cacophonous
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89165
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti & 2005 Saab 92X Aero

FF Reputation: 2 cacophonous Good Standing Member
Old 02-26-2012, 12:26 AM   #70
st falcon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92343
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy HATCH SEL

FF Reputation: 3 st falcon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsp_53 View Post
I saw that too ... very interesting. The part about the rental cars is so true. My brother loves my FoFo, how it handles, drives, shifts, etc... His wife's Honda needed to be in the shop for a week so he was sure to get a '12 FoFo rental. To put it mildly, he thought it was a POS. Now granted, it was an "S" and not a Titanium, but it seems that at least that rental co. is not applying TSB's and those problems us fanatics have been chasing down and quashing continue to live on.
I beleve the focus is good enough that those who do rent one will like it enough to want to buy one at some point. The large number or fleet cars is only detrimental if the car sucks...The old round taurus's were crap, but they still go for WAY too much these days. Look at it this way, used car prices are the highest they have EVER been compared to the original vehicle cost. Blue book values are actually right for the first time ever...and Ford is putting out vehicles good enough to compete worldwide, fleet cars or not. We should be able to get plenty out of our used Focus's, since the number of folks who can afford a new car is likely to remain low for years to come...sadly.

1996 Bronco XLT 351W
Cant wait for Summer when I pop the top!!

Bookmarks & Social Networks