Third gen bordumb chat - Page 13 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #121
F'nClassy
Eh!

Fan#: 97270
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 6 F'nClassy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDFOCZ View Post
Summer is a coming, was a hot day here in Fl. Got up to 90* in Orlando..

Not looking forward to the next 4 months
Damn, so jealous!! Can't wait to come down that way in the summer!
HN#154
Sonic's MK3 Crew #07

Live together, die alone
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhillsken View Post
Instead of a "Dual Clutch", "Dual Personality" might be a better name.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #122
TiStick
Boob Whisperer

Fan#: 96514
What I Drive: LesVagon

Points 3,695, Level 38
Points: 3,695, Level: 38 Points: 3,695, Level: 38 Points: 3,695, Level: 38
Level Up 30% Completed
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by coaster zombie View Post
Define distracted. Would you fault me at all if I was checking my right mirror at the exact moment that someone swerves right into my lane from next to me, and subsequently hit me? Say it's raining. Someone cuts me off, throwing dirty rainwater up at my windshield. I really can't see for an instant as my wipers haven't passed yet. Someone else drifts into my lane in front of me while I can't see, slower than me, without leaving enough room. They didn't signal so I had little way to know what was happening. Am I at fault there?

Distractions are everywhere and are a normal part of driving. Checking one side distracts you from the other. Does that mean you did something wrong? No. Not sure if your post was intended this way but it sounded like you were blaming the hypothetical accident victim in addition to the causer.
But what if you were checking your right mirror and someone signaled and came into your lane from the left? Same result, whether that little light was flashing or not. Distractions are everywhere, we agree on that. Assigning blame based upon turn signal usage is ludicrous.

See and avoid. When I fly, even if I am acting under the direction of Air Traffic Control(ATC), I have the responsibility to see and avoid other traffic. It doesn't matter if the other guy is talking to ATC or not. It doesn't matter if they have a radio or not. It doesn't even matter if they are following the right of way rules or not. There is a difference between being right and being dead right.
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D
Old 05-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #123
Woodsman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96888
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Woodsman Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumStick View Post
There is a difference between being right and being dead right.
This axiom is pervasive throughout the human condition.

2012 Focus: 2.0L Duratec GDI, Hatchback, SE Sport, 3.82 Torque Vectoring, 5MT, Winter Package, 203A, Race Red - Original Owner
Old 05-02-2012, 08:52 PM   #124
_RED_
Sonic's MK3 Crew #02

Fan#: 10712
What I Drive: 2014 Fiesta ST

Points 39,023, Level 100
Points: 39,023, Level: 100 Points: 39,023, Level: 100 Points: 39,023, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 12%
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%
FF Reputation: 2 _RED_ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannon666 View Post
Damn, so jealous!! Can't wait to come down that way in the summer!
Ill trade, think I might get the better deal though

I never figured out why people pay to come to Florida in July and Aug when its so hot and Humid out side, just stepping out the store sucks

To each their own, bring on the cold I say
Moderator: Third Generation Ford Focus, DURATEC Ti-VCT GDI Performance Chat & Florida regional section
Old 05-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #125
_RED_
Sonic's MK3 Crew #02

Points 39,023, Level 100
Points: 39,023, Level: 100 Points: 39,023, Level: 100 Points: 39,023, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 12%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_HedgeHog View Post
Driving around for the last hour and the car is telling me it's 88 outside... I'm with you Red, I'd be happy with a high of 70 and a low of 45 year round
Driving up to the grocery today, my was reading 94* on the dash, I had the windows down and the AC blowing

Last year the highest I saw was 104*, lets see what this year brings
Moderator: Third Generation Ford Focus, DURATEC Ti-VCT GDI Performance Chat & Florida regional section
Old 05-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #126
F'nClassy
Eh!

Quote:
Ill trade, think I might get the better deal though

I never figured out why people pay to come to Florida in July and Aug when its so hot and Humid out side, just stepping out the store sucks

To each their own, bring on the cold I say
Move to Canada then
HN#154
Sonic's MK3 Crew #07

Live together, die alone
Quote:
Old 05-02-2012, 09:27 PM   #127
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Just a little story featured on one of our local news sites:

"Researchers say not using turn signals is more dangerous than distracted driving.

According to the Society of Automotive Engineering, drivers don't use turn signals or forget to turn them off nearly half of the time they change lanes.

When it comes to making turns, one in four drivers did not use turn signals properly.

Researchers say the mistakes cause about two-million crashes a year. That's double the number of crashes linked to distracted driving."
Just something I threw up there because I thought it was humorous but I'll join the fray....

Quote:
for some reason, I can't help but use mine - it just seems to come naturally.
Likewise, that is how I was taught to drive (and tap-blink on this car is great because it shuts it self off so well I don't have to be that guy or girl that is apparently going aroung the world on a really, really, really gradual left or right turn).

Quote:
I would say you should add most of those into the distracted driving numbers. You must have been distracted if you didn't see another vehicle come into your lane and hit you, regardless if they had a flashing light on their corners/fender/side mirror or wherever else they are putting the flashers these days.
Agree with zombie on this one. We humans evolved with two eyes up on the front of our gigantic noggins and they both face forward. Tool such as rearview mirrors, sideview mirrors, front and back distance sensors and so forth are exactly that, tools that help us deal with the limitations of our senses in their current state. I don't have eyes pointing in four directions at once (nor the ability to process all of that information simultaneously but if spent my life with those four eyes pointing in four directions I'm guessing my brain would have learned through the course of my life to process that info efficiently) so I have to rely on those tools and have to be constantly shuffling between them visually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coaster zombie View Post
Define distracted. Would you fault me at all if I was checking my right mirror at the exact moment that someone swerves right into my lane from next to me, and subsequently hit me? Say it's raining. Someone cuts me off, throwing dirty rainwater up at my windshield. I really can't see for an instant as my wipers haven't passed yet. Someone else drifts into my lane in front of me while I can't see, slower than me, without leaving enough room. They didn't signal so I had little way to know what was happening. Am I at fault there?

Distractions are everywhere and are a normal part of driving. Checking one side distracts you from the other. Does that mean you did something wrong? No. Not sure if your post was intended this way but it sounded like you were blaming the hypothetical accident victim in addition to the causer.

Quote:
But what if you were checking your right mirror and someone signaled and came into your lane from the left? Same result, whether that little light was flashing or not. Distractions are everywhere, we agree on that. Assigning blame based upon turn signal usage is ludicrous.
Again, threw it up there for fun (and this debate/discussion which is fun as well). It comes down to "Why wasn't the signal used?"

Was it not used because the non-signaling driver is just a douche and assumes that they are the center of the universe and it is the responsibility of everyone else to look out for them and react to them?

Are they using the signal and railing into you from the left or right while they are next to you and using the "I had my signal on so I can go whether you are there or not because again, I had my signal on, I'm good. It is your responsibility to look out for me."

And lastly, and back to human evolution (we only have two arms and therefore only two hands) Is it "Damn, I have to keep one hand on the steering wheel, one hand on the phone, something has to give. Signal seems easy to give up. I'm on the phone for F&^!K'S SAKE. I'm important! Work around me while I drift all over in front of you!
Old 05-02-2012, 11:24 PM   #128
_RED_
Sonic's MK3 Crew #02

Points 39,023, Level 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 12%
Quote:
Move to Canada then
Considered it :D

Sent from my SGH-I777 using FF Mobile
Old 05-03-2012, 07:40 AM   #129
F'nClassy
Eh!

Quote:
Considered it :D

Sent from my SGH-I777 using FF Mobile
Do it!! The only thing I don't like about it is the weather!
HN#154
Sonic's MK3 Crew #07

Live together, die alone
Quote:
Old 05-03-2012, 08:11 AM   #130
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Last week mid-30s for most of the week around here. Snowed on Monday and flurries on Friday. Today, 8:10 AM and already in the 60s and so foggy I couldn't see more than 20 feet in front of me making for a slow drive to work.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.