More Info on Tumble Flap Delete - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > DURATEC Performance (2003-2007)

DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) The place to chat about any Duratec 23, 23E, and 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-11-2011, 09:27 AM   #51
AMMO-Duke
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84715
What I Drive: 2005 Grey ZX4

FF Reputation: 8 AMMO-Duke Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
You actually did this correct?
Yes,

I performed this and observed results as stated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2011, 11:11 AM   #52
S0C0nFused
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 39405
What I Drive: 2007 TorD-Red ZX5 SES

FF Reputation: 77 S0C0nFused Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So there is a 'tank' with a check valve in the intake. This is the 1st I think anyone has ever found that. Grats! OK, wiring! It is apparent that were bringing the wrong set of tools to this fight. What is needed is a Tone-Test Set, but I don't know if we can use the standard telephony types. I as of yet cannot find any info on there output. There used to quickly find wires where you know the general location or wire bundle. I need to ask a Ford tech or Eng. if this is a standard tool. Will follow up soon as I know for sure.
Last of the Hatches #28
Old 07-18-2013, 03:37 AM   #53
BowerR64
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78699
What I Drive: 2007 ZX3 SE

FF Reputation: 12 BowerR64 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I just put my stock intake manifold back on and hooked everything back up with the IMRC = Tumble flaps my low end grunt is back now. No hesitation from a stop to 3k my power is smooth again and the car almost feels as if the zip it had before removing the IMRC = Tumble flaps is back.

Tom sent me something like 12 tune files before i removed the IMRC so i think it was more dialed in before.

With the IMRC removed the car seem to stumble and fall on its face under 3k i had to be really smooth with the throttle to get any pickup.

I dont believe its just for emissions i believe they actually do some good.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:04 PM   #54
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 54 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowerR64 View Post
I just put my stock intake manifold back on and hooked everything back up with the IMRC = Tumble flaps my low end grunt is back now. No hesitation from a stop to 3k my power is smooth again and the car almost feels as if the zip it had before removing the IMRC = Tumble flaps is back.

Tom sent me something like 12 tune files before i removed the IMRC so i think it was more dialed in before.

With the IMRC removed the car seem to stumble and fall on its face under 3k i had to be really smooth with the throttle to get any pickup.

Hey Ronnie, Did Tom set your tune for a imrc delete? By the way, How come the 23 powered Escape's don't have or use a imrc but use the imtv only?
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 07-20-2013, 05:45 AM   #55
BowerR64
Focus Fanatic

I thought he did but it didnt run as good for my ATX with them removed.

Maybe i should hang on to it and try again when i put new cams on?

I also notice my gas milage has improved also. I think before it was to rich
Old 07-20-2013, 12:57 PM   #56
jdmzx5
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 116056
What I Drive: 2004 Silver Focus ZX5 Svt Eap

FF Reputation: 1 jdmzx5 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowerR64 View Post

I find it hard to believe anyone here will be able to overcome Ford's intake engineering. When you remove the imtv you are creating poor cylinder fill and you will get less volumetric efficiency. When you remove the imtv you're operating on a short manifold and will have substantially less low end torque. Period. If there is a three page arguement on the definition of imrc and imtv and you're using a butt dyno and not a flow bench, why is this a valid modification? Think about it. Why speculate.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:59 PM   #57
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmzx5 View Post
I find it hard to believe anyone here will be able to overcome Ford's intake engineering. When you remove the imtv you are creating poor cylinder fill and you will get less volumetric efficiency. When you remove the imtv you're operating on a short manifold and will have substantially less low end torque. Period. If there is a three page arguement on the definition of imrc and imtv and you're using a butt dyno and not a flow bench, why is this a valid modification? Think about it. Why speculate.
Ronnie has a 20 motor & all he did was delete the imrc last yr. There are a few guys that have done this, including me last yr. No one is saying about deleting the imtv on a 23. For as you mentioned & we know the 2 lenghts of intake on a 23 work great. Some guys replace the 23 i/m w/ the cossie one. As far as the imrc goes= Why does the Escape 23 only use the imtv w/o the imrc? Look at the 46 mustang motors, as you can delete them w/ a tune.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:37 PM   #58
BowerR64
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmzx5 View Post
Yeah i think your thinking of something else.

I wanted an intake like the cossie wich does not have tumble flaps but i wanted the longer runners. The cossie runners are very short but fully open with no restrictions added by the IMRC = Tumble flaps

The IMRC imo is better, it has better low end power and better fuel economy then a fully open intake. Atleast thats what i see

True its my butt dyno against everyone elses. I went back and i wont put the IMRC delete intake back on because i know it runs better with them working on my setup.

Maybe if i had more things done to my engine it might be better but for just a tune+ header and 2.5" exhaust with a FSWerks CAI this setup didnt help.

By doing this mod to my car i know now that the cossie intake will not add anything to my engine. I saved my self $900. by trying a fully open setup. Without forced induction i just dont see any benifit for me.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #59
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

You'll see improvements w/ a reflash.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:33 AM   #60
BowerR64
Focus Fanatic

Well now that my stock intake is back on the wide open throttle was WAY better but thats not where i normally run it. Since my car is an auto its always shifting for economy and with the flaps removed my car seem to be worse on fuel economy then it is now with the stock intake back on.

It was very doggie around 3k rpms maybe it could of been tuned out to fix that i dont know but most of the tunes after i removed the flaps didnt seem to get better under 3k

But i will admit wide open was a screamer.

wish my car was a manual i could of taken better advantage of it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->