Focus versus Bovine!!! - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #1
kgb05
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 62912
What I Drive: 05 Red ST

FF Reputation: 1 kgb05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Focus versus Bovine!!!

Then....

my wife's car... original thread: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=189205

and Now...

This happened in July... I will sum up the events with an email I sent to a friend... this is just after the accident... my wife did end up in physical therapy... still is. :frown:

My sister had an ectopic pregnancy and when they gave her the chemo chemical shot they use, her fallopian tube ruptured and her husband had to rush her to the hospital... they fixed her up and my wife and I decided to drive down and visit and help her out for a couple days. We had a nice drive down, planning to visit and come back today, but my wife's doc called on the trip down and said they had a cancellation and she should come early... so we only got to stay one night and left about 7:30 last night after fixing my sister dinner, going to the aquarium, etc... we were on pace to get home about 1:30am, but when we got on highway 64 about 10 miles from home, some *ed up * happened... I thought I saw movement and then eyeshine... was it a man? or a sasquatch...??? no... a dog?? *.. THAT'S A HUGE *ING DOG!!!... NO-----.... it's a *ING COW!!!!!!!!!! A damn black angus about 2 years old or so... standing in the road and deciding to bolt in the same direction I begin to steer the car... I'm obviously laid into the brakes, but it's too late... the focus lights just weren't up to the challenge (of giving us enough forewarning) and we slammed into the cow... it crushed the radiator and front end, smashed the hood from bumper to windshield, which was then nearly shattered (only the blind luck that I swerved enough so that the cow also hit and bent the pillar preventing it from, in all probability, slamming dead center in the windshield and visiting us in the cabin.....) he then rolled over the car at least partially, as his hoofs scuffed the top of the car on both sides, and proceeded to roll off the road to the left into a slightly recessed field... my wife heard a leg snap when he tried to get up, and his back was probably also broken...

Back in the cabin...

both airbags deployed and in the cabin filled with the propellant and antifreeze vapor (looked like smoke)... my wife saw the cow's back slam into the windshield directly in front of her, and screamed... I forgot to get on the clutch, so I guess I stalled 'er in 5th, lol... when we stopped I was still stunned, but roused myself nearly immediately and looked at my wife, and for the cell phone, which I could not find; I told my wife to bail... her door was stuck, but I was already halfway around the car going to rip it open... When my wife was out we moved away and flagged down a driver... turned out to be a nice girl that stayed with my wife through the whole ordeal. a kid in a subarau helped me back it off the road after we called the highway patrol... then called my dad to come get us...... (skipping some) My wife has no broken bones, but she's pretty *ing sore and it took a toll on me too. My left wrist got kinda *ed up, but I think it's okay... might go to the chiropractor on monday for my wrist and whiplash (I did). The cow actually * all over the passenger side mirror on impact, and he could not stand... seemed to be hurting pretty bad (trooper shot him twice)... just glad the focus held it's own... wish they had put better headlights on them.

now for pics:

short ram my wife and I built for price of the filter... focus had "lifetime" filter... boo..

good times before the wreck...

notice the cow *...

hoof prints on top...

hello airbags...

engine was pushed back 3+ inches (he stopped measuring)... intake mani cracked...

----------------------------------------------

new whip teaser... http://www.preludezone.com/auto-show...n-prelude.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #2
fhh02a
HATCH NATION

Fan#: 57548
What I Drive: 2004, Pitch Black Zx3

FF Reputation: 13 fhh02a Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
wow. How fast did you hit the Cow at? The focus held up pretty well considering. Im glad yall are ok. Sorry about the car though.
[COLOR="Red"]HATCH NATION..#01[/COLOR]
[URL="http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30"][COLOR="Black"]B-S-T[/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12"][COLOR="Red"]SOUTHERN FANATICS [/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33"][COLOR="Black"]GEN CHAT[/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45"][COLOR="Red"]MK1[/COLOR][/URL]
Old 11-28-2011, 03:42 PM   #3
drunkyoda
Hmmmmm

Fan#: 65151
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black LX

FF Reputation: 9 drunkyoda Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
GLAD TO HEAR YOU GUYS ARE OK THOUGH! congrats on the 2011 SI :)
Old 11-28-2011, 03:46 PM   #4
kgb05
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 62912
What I Drive: 05 Red ST

FF Reputation: 1 kgb05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
It's a 2012!!! = k24 = torque = yay!

The car saved our life... the civic may have better crash test results, but props to the focus. If the cow had not hit the pillar it prob. would have joined us in the cabin...

We were still going maybe 50mphish... it was at night and the cow was black... didn't get time to do much other than a quick brake and swerve a little to the left so the impact was not dead center...

We will both miss the ford... we were looking at the new focuses, but got the impression we could not get a manual (plus those 2012 STs are looking pricey... but awfully nice...)... The civic Si is also nice though... with a 2.4 it finally has decent torque... (I still like my old swapped prelude pretty well though :) ).

Last edited by kgb05; 12-01-2011 at 11:56 PM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->