2008 Ford Focus Front Turn Signal Lamp Replacement - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-26-2011, 08:57 PM   #1
gawtmw
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 63183
What I Drive: 2008 Ford Focus SES

FF Reputation: 1 gawtmw Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2008 Ford Focus Front Turn Signal Lamp Replacement

Hello everyone,
I just replaced my front turn signal lamps on my 2008 Focus SES. I thought I'd pass on how to do it since I couldn't find any directions on this forum. If this has been posted already, I apologize. You will need a 10mm socket, screw driver and of course, the lamps. You will need to remove the radiator grille since one of the bolts you need to remove to access the headlamp assembly is under the grille. On top of the radiator grille are 4 removable plastic pins and the bases for the pins. Use the screw driver to pry the pins up and the bases. Then remove the grille by pulling toward you. There are snap fasteners inside the grille toward the bottom of the bumper you'll need to maneuver and then it'll come off. That's the hardest part. Now remove the bolt that is now present since you removed the grille. Remove the top 2 bolts for the headlamp assembly. There is a metal clip on the bottom of the headlamp assembly, so you will need to lift the front of the assembly up while sliding toward you. If will then pop free and you can now access the lamps. I just needed to replace the turn signal lamp and I twisted the connector for it and it pulls out. Replaced both sides because the bulbs come packaged in twos and I didn't want to have to do this all over again for the other side. Reverse everything to put it back together. I hope this helps someone else who has this problem.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2011, 05:07 PM   #2
GreatLakesAngel
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92541
What I Drive: 2008 True Blue SES

FF Reputation: 1 GreatLakesAngel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I tried to change my blink bulb today. I was able to easily get the pins on top of the grille easily, but I'm having a ton of trouble getting those snap fasteners off. I tried to pry them off, but that didn't work.

Do you have any advice on how to get those two fasteners off easily? That seems to be the part giving me the most trouble.

Epic fail on the placement of the third bolt. I've never had so much trouble changing a blinker bulb before.

Bookmarks & Social Networks