The headrests - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-03-2012, 03:25 PM   #21
Creamsicle
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91108
What I Drive: 2012 Ti hatch

FF Reputation: 2 Creamsicle Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
^ tried doing that but I'm almost lying down as a result and have to stretch arms way out forward (no elbow bend) to reach the wheel.

I'm 6'1" and have long legs for my height.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #22
Creamsicle
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91108
What I Drive: 2012 Ti hatch

FF Reputation: 2 Creamsicle Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgilles View Post
I don't have my focus yet so I don't know about this but...my friend has a 2012 mustang and his headrests can be pulled forward to adjust the position. If you pull them all the way forward fling back to the "original" position and go pretty far back. Does the focus do this?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.557505,-74.879829
I will absolutely try this!
Old 01-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #23
wgilles
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91264
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE 5 speed

Points 1,306, Level 20
Points: 1,306, Level: 20 Points: 1,306, Level: 20 Points: 1,306, Level: 20
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 wgilles Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamsicle View Post
I will absolutely try this!
Let me know, I'm curious as well as I will have my Focus soon. I noticed in my buddies Mustang he has the headrest all the way forward and when I drive it I put it all the way back...personal preference I suppose.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #24
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Nice idea.. did you buy them from ford? how much did they charge u for them?
no mods needed? they fit right in on either side?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonaze View Post
When I had my 2011 Fiesta (traded it for my new Focus) I purchased two more of the smaller rear center headrest and swapped them with the larger ones. They fit perfectly and allow you to fold down the seats without having to remove the headrests. Brilliant!
Old 01-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #25
azdesertrat
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93805
What I Drive: 2003 Mazda Tribute

FF Reputation: 1 azdesertrat Good Standing Member
Smile The headrests

Last year I rented the 2012 Focus twice as I would like to buy one. I love everything about the car, except...the headrests, which are the reason I'm not buying a Focus this year.

I am 5'9" and got a neck ache within 10 minutes of getting in, no matter how I adjust the seat. My husband drove it (he's 6'1") and it was bad for him too. I sat in it and had him video me while I imitated the reflex action after an accident, and it was not good how as my head hit the rest, and my back hit the seat, my neck flexed at a horrible angle. Creamsicle is right, it's like sleeping with a pile of pillows under just your head. Ouch!

I think if it were a safety issue, every car would have this design and your neck would be cradled, for lack of a better word. You don't see high-end cars with this design. I think it's a design flaw and would love to hear from someone who knows why Ford switched to this rest/restraint in SOME cars and not others.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:43 AM   #26
greg hazlett
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93486
What I Drive: 2012 Black Ford Focus SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 greg hazlett Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I removed the rear ones for visibility purposes as well as rarely if ever going to be having passengers in the rear and like the headrest delete mod a lot!
Old 01-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #27
RDJTX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88961
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 RDJTX Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdesertrat View Post
I am 5'9" and got a neck ache within 10 minutes of getting in, no matter how I adjust the seat. My husband drove it (he's 6'1") and it was bad for him too. .
I am 5'10 and haven't had any issues with neck aches or any other issues related to them. I would bet you need some refinement in how they are adjusted or how the seat is adjusted to fix your neck ache.
Quote:
I sat in it and had him video me while I imitated the reflex action after an accident, and it was not good how as my head hit the rest, and my back hit the seat, my neck flexed at a horrible angle. Creamsicle is right, it's like sleeping with a pile of pillows under just your head. Ouch! .
not a good test to base an opinion on at all. you are sitting still and trying to imagine how your head would hit in a collision. believe me you whole body reacts quite differently when you are in a collision at speed than what you could do sitting still and trying to emulate your reactions in an accident.
Quote:
I think if it were a safety issue, every car would have this design and your neck would be cradled, for lack of a better word. You don't see high-end cars with this design. I think it's a design flaw and would love to hear from someone who knows why Ford switched to this rest/restraint in SOME cars and not others.
don't think it is a design "flaw". and while I don't know this I am betting the difference is in the size of the vehicle and what gets crushed/thrown around in an accident that dictates the style of head restraint used.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:30 PM   #28
Rat Fink
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92487
What I Drive: Ford, and vintage Dodge

FF Reputation: 6 Rat Fink Good Standing Member
Quote:

I have a family member who just purchased a new Nissan and the headrests are the exact same setup.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:44 PM   #29
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Love the headrests - easily the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in. It's actually kinda scary because I can see myself falling asleep at the wheel if im not vigilant.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:35 AM   #30
Chaos09
Sonic Crew #09

Fan#: 95090
What I Drive: Slammed S-10

Points 7,716, Level 58
Points: 7,716, Level: 58 Points: 7,716, Level: 58 Points: 7,716, Level: 58
Level Up 83% Completed
Level up: 83% Level up: 83% Level up: 83%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 7 Chaos09 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I took all of the headrest off. Gives it that clean look.
Sonic's MK3 Crew #9 Chaos!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.