Strange front end high/low wobble/humming sound - Page 13 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-13-2012, 10:57 AM   #121
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,284, Level 35
Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthrj View Post
Hi Noemi,
Thanks for visiting us again. I don't mean any offense, but the way my quotes were pulled out of context makes it look like these last 2 months has been a great experience from start to finish. Service manager was very personable, customer service has been fantastic....
Morning ruthrj,

None taken and I certainly do not want to give the impression of quotes taken out of context. [:] Due to the multiple individuals I may need to address at a given time, I need to shorten comments as best as I can. At times it can become a bit challenging.

I do appreciate your comments and the update you provided. The frustration of the last two months are understandable and I'm sure have been documented by Ford customer service. If I can be of further assistance in your case, please do not hesitate to contact me via PM

Take care and a big THANK YOU for your loyalty to Ford Motor Company!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #122
ruthrj
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93807
What I Drive: 2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport Auto FWD

FF Reputation: 1 ruthrj Good Standing Member
It's true, the vibration is gone. I've driven the car about 40 to 50 miles since picking it up and it's as good as new. The service manager was kind enough to get the car fully detailed for me before I got the vehicle back. Who'd of thought that 2 bad tires could cause this much stress and heartache. Can't wait until I wear out these damn Continentals and replace them with something respectable like a set of Michelin or Yokohama tires!

To celebrate, I went and got my first oil change that I've been holding off on as I was worried the car might get bought back. Nothing better than running 100% Amsoil 5W-20 synthetic in a Focus, that's for sure! Have always done that with my '05, so a tradition continues...
Old 04-24-2012, 02:16 PM   #123
ruthrj
Focus Enthusiast

Vibration is back. Apparently 300 to 400 miles is enough to wear out two new tires. Completely back to square one now. Vibration starts around 50 mph, strongest at 53 mph, and subsides around 60 mph. Discovered this on a short road trip during my honeymoon.... With a full tank of gas (more weight on the rear end) the noise will not subside until 65 mph. Trying to arrange a final repair with Ford, but I haven't heard back from their Consumer Affairs department yet.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #124
ruthrj
Focus Enthusiast

Got ahold of Consumer Affairs. The FSE has not gotten back to them on a date for the final repair. The Consumer Affairs representative sent the FSE another e-mail stating that the vibration from the vehicle has come back, and that she will call me back when we have a date set. We set this up almost a week ago, so to say I'm pissed would be an understatement. I'm so over this BS. Everything was all grand before I sent in my Vehicle Defect Notice, and now nothing is getting done. I'm going to shoot you a PM Noemi to see if there's anything you can do about this. The car has been in the shop five times for approximately 20 days and we're no closer to getting this issue resolved. The car has already had 4 attempted fixes for the problem, and now it's taking forever to get a final fix scheduled.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #125
5jschiavones
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96821
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 5jschiavones Good Standing Member
I feel your pain... I am beyond pissed off.. I am told the noise I am hearing between 32 - 40 is wind. I can hear it sometimes even up to 50 mph. I do believe if it was wind that there would be some changes to the sound at different speeds. Some people hear, some don't ... Although paperwork states that they tried taking off shields under my car drove it with tape, still the noise, put car in neutral, still there - even turned off car still there. I really liked this car until all this started - I will never buy another ford after all this. I have also been a very faithful ford owner since my first new car in 1984.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:42 AM   #126
ruthrj
Focus Enthusiast

I hope that they are still working with you to get the problem fixed! Wish I could ride in your car to see if the symptoms are anything like mine.

Next week is the absolute last repair I'm allowing on the car, or I want a refund. The FSE scheduled me to come by May 2nd, and I'll be getting a loaner car again. The legal analyst from Ford was asking if I needed a loaner car for that day, to which I replied "Yes, I do, because the last time I dropped the car off it was there for nearly a week". So glad I've been provided loaners or my 2012 Focus experience to date would have SEVERELY sucked instead of merely sucking.

I don't want to think about it too much. Going from no vibration with new tires to vibration being back at 300 miles leads me to believe the vehicle needs alignment. But Ford doesn't pay me for my opinion, so mum is the word. I also told them that I wanted the FSE to look at the power steering issue also because it failed that one time, but I won't hold my breath.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:59 PM   #127
5jschiavones
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96821
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 5jschiavones Good Standing Member
I have taken my car to another dealer and back to the start that they hear something but think it is just wind noise at this point I do not know what to do. Some people tell me to just get a lemon law lawyer. In my heart I know it is something more since last dealer heard but could not locate where it is. Why is my car the only focus making this noise.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:45 PM   #128
ruthrj
Focus Enthusiast

Sorry man, really don't know what to tell you besides to pursue a legal course of action if Ford isn't trying to repair your car. The noise my car makes is clearly audible, and sounds like running over the hazard lines on the side of the highway. It isn't nearly that loud, but is audible enough to cause drowsiness, annoyance, and irritation.

Dropped my Focus off for the 6th and final time today for the final repair. The FSE should be by at 8 am tomorrow morning to look at it. Just for shits and giggles, I asked for a Hyundai Sonata at Enterprise as my loaner. Not sure what Beepster (banned) saw in the Hyundais, but glad it made him happy. I personally find the Sonata to be lacking proper sound insulation. It's louder than my 2005 econobox Focus on normal streets at slower speeds of about 40 mph. It certainly gets up and goes, but I miss my Focus. Why oh why did I have to get the lemon of the bunch?
Old 05-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #129
ruthrj
Focus Enthusiast

The FSE has been looking at the car all day. He has ordered a new power steering gearbox that will be installed on the car tomorrow to address the one time that the power steering failed on me. They will take care of that passenger side windshield wiper recall while its in. Still no word back yet about the vibration on the car.

While I'm here, I might as well post all of the new parts put on the car to date. I never got an invoice from my previous visit, so I asked for one yesterday. This one is the most informative by far...

CONCERN: Customer states humming noise at 50-60 mph/ Install SOP Wheel Bearings ship by FSE (name redacted by me). Wheel bearings, intermediate shaft bearing, tires installed LF and RF wheel bearings sent by Ford. Noise is still present at this time. Installed RF halfshaft and bearing assembly torqued bearing strap nuts at 18 ft lb. Torqued lower control arm pinch bolts to 61 ft lb. And torqued halfshaft nuts to 59 ft lb plus 90 degrees. Concern is still present. Replaced rear tires faith known good tires OK at this time

Part Number, Description, Quantity
FMC CV6Z 1215 A, Bearing ASY- Wheel, 2
FMC BV6Z 3B436 B, Shaft - Front Axle, 1
FMC YS4Z 3N324 AA, Retainer - Bearing, 1
FMC W715491 S442, Bolt, 4
SPO W520415 S442, Nut - Locking, 4
SPO W520415 S442, Nut, 4
SPO CV6Z 3B477 A, Retainer, 2
FMC YS4Z 3N324 AA, Retainer - Bearing, 1

CONCERN: Customer states power steering went out/ light came on/ customer restored and car steering was OK. Ran self test found code U3000:49 cleared code road tested OK at this time
Old 05-08-2012, 03:11 PM   #130
ruthrj
Focus Enthusiast

The car has been in the shop since last Wednesday getting the power steering fixed. They've been waiting on some bolts to finish the power steering gearbox. As far as the vibration is concerned, THEY DIDN'T HEAR IT. The FSE didn't hear it, the service manager who has been on my side up until this point did not hear it. They didn't even attempt to fix the vibration again. I drove the car over two hundred miles with that vibration, and I know I'm not crazy.

What a joke. It's not my fault that my car is a lemon for Christ's sake, and I can't believe I'm being treated that way.

Wish me luck going forward, I'll let you all know what happens either way : )

Last edited by ruthrj; 05-12-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.