2012 Roof Rack Install - THULE AeroBlades! - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #61
BPEW584
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
BPEW584's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Fan#: 101933
Location: Toronto, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Hatchback

Posts: 35
FF Reputation: 1 BPEW584 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I got Sidearmx on mine:
BPEW584 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #62
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict
 
wilsonfocus86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Fan#: 23099
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

Posts: 1,156
FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
How Thule should have offered the AeroBlade for our Focus! Got tired of the annoying overhang with the 53" blade. Just honestly made the whole look of the car...bad from some angles lol. Now now I know it's just nit-picking, but I think that hacking off those few inches of overhang has made the car look that much more slick You could get down to the "science" about how it saves on weight (feels a touch lighter now) and wind resistance for mpg, but I just did it because now it looks coooooler Anyone want the measurements, let me know.




__________________
"If in doubt.. Flat out." - Colin McRae
wilsonfocus86 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #63
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict
 
wilsonfocus86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Fan#: 23099
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

Posts: 1,156
FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
__________________
"If in doubt.. Flat out." - Colin McRae
wilsonfocus86 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #64
cyberposer
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
cyberposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Fan#: 47278
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Ormond Beach, FL
What I Drive: silver 4 door

Posts: 46
FF Reputation: 1 cyberposer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Roof rack

[IMG][/IMG]
cyberposer is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:00 AM   #65
Duncan1104
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 91042
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Hatch Sport 5spd

Posts: 90
FF Reputation: 1 Duncan1104 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonfocus86 View Post
How Thule should have offered the AeroBlade for our Focus! Got tired of the annoying overhang with the 53" blade. Just honestly made the whole look of the car...bad from some angles lol. Now now I know it's just nit-picking, but I think that hacking off those few inches of overhang has made the car look that much more slick You could get down to the "science" about how it saves on weight (feels a touch lighter now) and wind resistance for mpg, but I just did it because now it looks coooooler Anyone want the measurements, let me know.
Measurements please! Did you just cut one side and shift the bars over or did you cut both sides?
Duncan1104 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #66
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict
 
wilsonfocus86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Fan#: 23099
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

Posts: 1,156
FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan1104 View Post
Measurements please! Did you just cut one side and shift the bars over or did you cut both sides?
Exactly. Moved everything over and cut off from the right side leaving the left, with the "THULE" logo.

I measured the distance in between the feet, (which you set up in the beginning from whatever Thule's measurements were) for the front and rear load bars first. Then I shifted them all the way over so the left would be flush. From there, I measured for the part of the load bar to be cut off of the right side.

5-1/16" were taken off the front aeroblade*
6-3/4" were taken off the rear aeroblade*

Feel like I need a Disclaimer* in that these were my measurements so measure yours plenty before just going and hacking it off as I'm not responsible for a botched effort
__________________
"If in doubt.. Flat out." - Colin McRae
wilsonfocus86 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:07 PM   #67
Duncan1104
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 91042
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Hatch Sport 5spd

Posts: 90
FF Reputation: 1 Duncan1104 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonfocus86 View Post
Exactly. Moved everything over and cut off from the right side leaving the left, with the "THULE" logo.

I measured the distance in between the feet, (which you set up in the beginning from whatever Thule's measurements were) for the front and rear load bars first. Then I shifted them all the way over so the left would be flush. From there, I measured for the part of the load bar to be cut off of the right side.

5-1/16" were taken off the front aeroblade*
6-3/4" were taken off the rear aeroblade*

Feel like I need a Disclaimer* in that these were my measurements so measure yours plenty before just going and hacking it off as I'm not responsible for a botched effort
Sweet thanks for the info! Haha don't worry about the disclaimer. I'll measure many times before I make any cuts.
Duncan1104 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:29 PM   #68
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict
 
wilsonfocus86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Fan#: 23099
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

Posts: 1,156
FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan1104 View Post
Sweet thanks for the info! Haha don't worry about the disclaimer. I'll measure many times before I make any cuts.
Ok good haha. If you get round to doing it, post some pics up in here!
__________________
"If in doubt.. Flat out." - Colin McRae
wilsonfocus86 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:52 AM   #69
Duncan1104
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 91042
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Hatch Sport 5spd

Posts: 90
FF Reputation: 1 Duncan1104 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonfocus86 View Post
Ok good haha. If you get round to doing it, post some pics up in here!
Will do. Another question are the crossbars 53" including the plastic end caps or is the aluminum extrusion the part that is 53"? Just curious since it seems like I could use a 47" one in the rear and cut a 53 down for the front.

Posted via FF Mobile
Duncan1104 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:58 AM   #70
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict
 
wilsonfocus86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Fan#: 23099
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

Posts: 1,156
FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan1104 View Post
Will do. Another question are the crossbars 53" including the plastic end caps or is the aluminum extrusion the part that is 53"? Just curious since it seems like I could use a 47" one in the rear and cut a 53 down for the front.

Posted via FF Mobile
The bars are 53" themselves not including the end caps. You could do that and go at it that way. My bar in the back, however, measures about 46-1/4" now, so 3/4" shorter than a 47" bar. I wanted as much cut off with no over hang whatsoever so with me being like that I wanted to go down as far as I could lol. It's up to you
__________________
"If in doubt.. Flat out." - Colin McRae
wilsonfocus86 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.