I LOVE my Mk3 Ford Focus 100% whoo hoo thread!! - Page 81 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-14-2013, 05:10 AM   #801
pe_bg71
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 100513
What I Drive: Ford Focus III ecoboost SCTI 182hp

FF Reputation: 1 pe_bg71 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPsDad View Post
Just as I suspected. Colorado people are from Mars.
I'love mars...! :D

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #802
GhiaFan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

FF Reputation: 9 GhiaFan Good Standing Member
My understanding is our (Europe spec Focus) Colorado Red is now called Race Red for the MY2013. And Mars Red has been discountined.

Mars Red

Colorado or Race Red or Rouge Racing in Ford France colour chart

@pe_bg71, if you check on the ETIS web site and enter your VIN it will tell you what paint colour you have. From your images it does look like Mars Red. And it looks really good. Nice Focus!!
Old 04-14-2013, 07:55 AM   #803
pe_bg71
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaFan View Post
My understanding is our (Europe spec Focus) Colorado Red is now called Race Red for the MY2013. And Mars Red has been discountined.

Mars Red

Colorado or Race Red or Rouge Racing in Ford France colour chart

@pe_bg71, if you check on the ETIS web site and enter your VIN it will tell you what paint colour you have. From your images it does look like Mars Red. And it looks really good. Nice Focus!!

Primary Features
Build Date: 04.05.2012
Vehicle Line: Focus 2011-
Body Style: 5 Door Saloon
Version: Series 40
Engine: 1.6L EcoBoost SCTi 160/182PS-Sigma
Transmission: 6 Speed Manual Trans - B6
Drive: LHD FWD
Axle Ratio: 3.82
Emission: Stage V Emissions
Air Conditioning: Dual Zone Auto Temp Control A/C
Territory: (+)"F"
Paint: Mars Red
Interior Fabric: Pur/Luxury Soft Charcoal

:)
Old 04-14-2013, 12:59 PM   #804
Scott S
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98137
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy,

FF Reputation: 1 Scott S Good Standing Member
Thought I'd toss in an update now I've had the car over a winter - 11 months total.

Car has just under 50,000 on it and so far has not been to the dealer for any repairs since the day I picked it up new.

I do need to make a visit for a loose headliner on the drivers side at the sunroof at some point but I figured something else would of happened by now lol.

The car just keeps working better and better - the DCT is flawless and the motor has really loosened up. I've run Amsoil XL 5/20 since first oil change.

I ran 16" snows for the winter and did notice the car is a bit light on its feet when in slippery conditions. I never tried the Sport tires at all in the snow though. If it got to snowy the Edge took over.

My thoughts on this one is it has been a very reliable car, I like the way it rides and handles and I would buy it again.

Few minor things I would change - console is bothersome rubbing my knee on longer trips - sharp edge right at the ebrake, spare tire consumes too much of the trunk space with the 18" performance wheel upgrade and the rear seat area could use a few inches more of leg room.

That is pretty much it - car is awesome.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:06 PM   #805
OPsDad
Focus Addict

Fan#: 108661
What I Drive: 2x2013-TI4drPlat'mNAV,SE5drSterling

FF Reputation: 2 OPsDad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott S View Post
Thought I'd toss in an update now I've had the car over a winter - 11 months total.

Car has just under 50,000 on it and so far has not been to the dealer for any repairs since the day I picked it up new.

I do need to make a visit for a loose headliner on the drivers side at the sunroof at some point but I figured something else would of happened by now lol.

The car just keeps working better and better - the DCT is flawless and the motor has really loosened up. I've run Amsoil XL 5/20 since first oil change.

I ran 16" snows for the winter and did notice the car is a bit light on its feet when in slippery conditions. I never tried the Sport tires at all in the snow though. If it got to snowy the Edge took over.

My thoughts on this one is it has been a very reliable car, I like the way it rides and handles and I would buy it again.

Few minor things I would change - console is bothersome rubbing my knee on longer trips - sharp edge right at the ebrake, spare tire consumes too much of the trunk space with the 18" performance wheel upgrade and the rear seat area could use a few inches more of leg room.

Yes, I'm wondering if one can somehow find a donut spare and the styrofoam spacers that fit it, and expand the trunk space. That would be a bonus, IMHO.
SR #265 | "Quia currus certatus, inferius"
13 Focus Ti Sedan w/Handling Pkg, MFT Sony 10 NAV, Leather
13 Focus SE HB Sterling Grey, 201A, Leather
06 F350 6.0L DRW King Ranch, Sunroof, Rhino Bed Liner, 4" MBRP Turbo Back, AirRaid, Edge Chip w/Pyro
Old 04-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #806
macatron
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 65326
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus Ti Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 macatron Good Standing Member
Quote:

Glad to hear! I'm at 20,000 miles now, and I'm going to be putting Amsoil XL 5w20 in from here on out because I ran it my '09 Focus as well. Did you notice any increase in MPG when you first switched over? I remember my '09 Focus gaining between 1.5 to 2 mpg when I started using Amsoil. It's definitely the best oil available IMHO. :D
Old 04-18-2013, 03:37 AM   #807
Buggy_Wang
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 112118
What I Drive: 2013 Grey Focus Trend TDCi 2.0

FF Reputation: 1 Buggy_Wang Good Standing Member
Focus 1.6Ti-VCT GHIA

Ford taiwan is holding 24hours free ride campaign for potential customers

I joined the campaign (I'm already a focus mk3 owner )
Old 04-27-2013, 06:44 AM   #808
pe_bg71
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

it's a rainy day ...

Old 04-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #809
Dylan1970
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100905
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Dylan1970 Good Standing Member
Quote:

It's nice to know that a few Focus's actually run correctly. My DCT is anything but flawless. I've had it back to the dealer twice and it still sucks and the best part is Ford has no damn clue how to fix it. It's jerky, noisy, it hesitates on acceleration....all the good things that make it worth the $18,000 I paid for it. What a considerable waste of money, it's ashame because I really do like the car minus the transmission. Hopefully I'll have enough money down the road a few years to trade out of it....then people wont stare at my car in parking lots when it decides to do it's little rattle or grinding noises.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #810
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Great running DCTs seem to be far and inbetween and that sucks since the DCT is supossed to not only return better MPGs (which it does) but also be a quicker shifter and better performer than the 5 speed. (which it''s not)

I wonder what the cost comparison will be replacing the clutches in the DCT vs the true manual and the longevity.

Bookmarks & Social Networks