I LOVE my Mk3 Ford Focus 100% whoo hoo thread!! - Page 29 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #281
PrideSax711
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97050
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver SE

FF Reputation: 1 PrideSax711 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganK View Post
I finally received my car 04/04 (ordered 02/28) ... nobody is stopping me in the street to compliment me, but I love this car! Interior is quiet, stereo is better than expected (six speaker), handling is great, and everything feels well implemented. Actually, it's a little too quiet inside; I didn't realize how often I was squealing my tires around corners until I rolled the window down!

Anyway, driving it like I stole for the first tank, and I'll report back after the first oil change, but my car isn't showing any of the problems I've read about on here.
I agree on everything you just said. I am having a very similar experience with mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 11:23 AM   #282
Cylander
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97131
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Sedan SE

FF Reputation: 1 Cylander Good Standing Member
Picked up my car Friday. It's a SE sedan, automatic, with package 203A. I started the process Monday with a dealer I normally always deal with. I originally getting one with the 201A package. My salesmen said he would call me the next day with a price. He calls me the next day and quotes me an outrageous price. Turns out he quoted me X plan instead of Z plan. He says to call back after 2 pm. I call at 2:30 and he still doesn't have the price. He says he'll call me first thing Wednesday morning. He doesn't call. I call him at 1 and he gets me the price but he needs to do a dealer trade. He says he'll get me the vin number by the end of the day. He never calls. I call Thursday and say I need the VIN number by 5 PM because my insurance company is closed for the holiday. He says no problem. It's 4 pm Thursday and no VIN and no returned call. I was at the store which happened to be next to the dealer where my car was suppose to be. I figured I would go in and get the VIN from them. As I'm talking they tell me they can get me the 203A package for only $2 more per month. I decide to go with them since my guy isn't calling me back. They had a VIN number instantly and the deal was done in about an hour or so. They had my car ready the next morning. My original dealer calls me at 5 minutes to 5. I didn't answer because I was finishing the deal. Apparently he caught wind of me buying the car from this dealer and started calling every two minutes. I finally answered and he was upset. He said it wasn't nice what I did and hung up before I could explain why. I didn't feel I was in the wrong. I didn't think a basic lease would take a week to complete. This new dealer had it done in about an hour.

Anyways, I've been paranoid about the transmission. i don't feel any shutter. It seems to shift pretty smoothly. My only complaint is that it feels like 1st and 2nd gear are pretty short. It only revs to about 2000 RPM and shifts. I'm still working on getting it trained correctly. If I never read this forum I would think the transmission is great. Even taking off and winding it up to 5000 RPM's to break it in my fuel mileage is still reading 35 MPG.

The sync system is better than expected. I'm glad the new dealer told me I could get this feature for only $2. I'm still working it out and haven't found an easy way to transition from playing mp3's to Pandora and back on my iPhone.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #283
jcornwall
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88283
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti YB Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 jcornwall Good Standing Member
Glad you're having fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylander View Post
Anyways, I've been paranoid about the transmission. i don't feel any shutter. It seems to shift pretty smoothly. My only complaint is that it feels like 1st and 2nd gear are pretty short. It only revs to about 2000 RPM and shifts. I'm still working on getting it trained correctly. If I never read this forum I would think the transmission is great. Even taking off and winding it up to 5000 RPM's to break it in my fuel mileage is still reading 35 MPG.
Mine (4000 miles) shifts to 2nd at low revs, too. It's never really bothered me, though, because sharp pressure on the accelerator will make it hold the gear longer when you need a bit of speed. Just sounds a bit silly moseying around the lot.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:36 AM   #284
Veterano43
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96946
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Veterano43 Good Standing Member
I have to agree with euro_zx5 that it is the most pleasurable car to drive that I've ever owned, and I've also had a Mustang and a Pontiac GTO. I don't think that a lot of people realize how refined, sophisticated and thoroughly engineered this car is. I think it's cool at the stoplights how the auto tranny, with the dual clutch, will allow the car to go backwards a little on an incline - awesome technology!
Old 04-11-2012, 08:08 AM   #285
jcornwall
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88283
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti YB Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 jcornwall Good Standing Member
Had a peppy drive in to work this morning. Engine felt livelier. Shifts seemed crisper. Hit more of those sweet exhaust notes than usual.

I forgot how much fun DCT's Sport mode is. Who needs fuel economy?
Old 04-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #286
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
On Monday I washed (and detailed) my car. Then yesterday a buddy of mine asked me "That's your car? When did you do all this?" I was like "Uhh... you mean wash it?" Apparently he had only seen it with my 15" winter tires and hadn't seen it with the 18"s on. He said it looked like an entirely different car - he said the color looked much deeper when it wasn't covered in salt!

"It looks like an angel!"

Old 04-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #287
pvial
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97458
What I Drive: 2012,Blue Candy, SE, Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 pvial Good Standing Member
Turning my first 1K tonight on a road trip!!! Can't wait!! Love it so far! From almost heaven West by God, Virginia.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:31 PM   #288
mustang0
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96079
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy SE HB Sport Package

FF Reputation: 1 mustang0 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
On Monday I washed (and detailed) my car. Then yesterday a buddy of mine asked me "That's your car? When did you do all this?" I was like "Uhh... you mean wash it?" Apparently he had only seen it with my 15" winter tires and hadn't seen it with the 18"s on. He said it looked like an entirely different car - he said the color looked much deeper when it wasn't covered in salt!

"It looks like an angel!"

Those are nice looking wheels! Wish that I could have gotten those instead.
But I had a hard enough time getting the options I wanted off the dealer lot.
I'll have to start looking to see if there are some for sale.
65 Racestang 96 Mustang 2012 Focus SE HB Sport Pac 5 speed man. NewMission Cold Air, lunchbox Delete,Custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust, Steeda Rear Sway Bar, Steeda STS,Axis wheels, Blox shift knob,Focus elecrtic RMM, Injected 93 Tune V1 176HP 152Torque
Old 04-12-2012, 01:55 PM   #289
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang0 View Post
Those are nice looking wheels! Wish that I could have gotten those instead.
But I had a hard enough time getting the options I wanted off the dealer lot.
I'll have to start looking to see if there are some for sale.
I almost want to sell mine just because I’ve started hypermiling and have been becoming crazy-obsessed with it. I think I’ll hold out and keep them, though.

EDIT: I see you're really close to me! You live between where I live and where I work.

Sturtevant, eh? ...want to go skydiving?
Old 04-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #290
mustang0
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96079
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy SE HB Sport Package

FF Reputation: 1 mustang0 Good Standing Member
That's funny I didn't even look at where you were from just making conversation. Yes, I'm only 2 miles from the little airport. My wife has let me do some crazy $H!T over the years but I think at my age she would draw the line there. But thanks for the offer. Might be going to the dragtrip tonite, with the 65. Only 15 dollars and this is the last weekend that it will be that cheap.
65 Racestang 96 Mustang 2012 Focus SE HB Sport Pac 5 speed man. NewMission Cold Air, lunchbox Delete,Custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust, Steeda Rear Sway Bar, Steeda STS,Axis wheels, Blox shift knob,Focus elecrtic RMM, Injected 93 Tune V1 176HP 152Torque

Bookmarks & Social Networks