I LOVE my Mk3 Ford Focus 100% whoo hoo thread!! - Page 28 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #271
Focus YBTC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97107
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Focus YBTC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Totally happy so far 2012 Titanium

My new Focus apparently was built on my birthday in December 2011 going by the date on my window sticker. I'm going to take that as a good omen . I have experienced little of the transmission foibles in my 280 miles so far that were reported by others though I finally did feel a millisecond of the chatter starting out from a traffic light up a hill yesterday. As far as the hesitating while driving I get a bit of that when the trans shifts up really early and it feels like it's programmed that way to save gas. Accelerating from a stop is where you really burn a lot of fuel and it seems the trans programming is trying to reduce that, combine that with the fact that the engine doesn't make a lot of power and torque at low revs and you get that sensation.

Otherwise the trans and My Ford Touch are great. Manual shifting in sport mode is incredible. The interior, the handling, the looks, the fit and finish, the quietness are all incredible. It's a super solid feeling car and a lot of fun to drive.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #272
lac3513
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97155
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 lac3513 Good Standing Member
2012 SE Sedan

I have had my Focus for two weeks and I am very pleased. Before purchase I drove a manual Honda Accord, a manual Chevy Cruze and the Focus I eventually bought.

I decided I wanted a manual if I could get one, even though modern automatics get slightly better fuel economy. I knew I wanted a smaller car to maximize the potential fuel savings and minimize the cost of the purchase. I quickly found a Ford Focus,a Chevy Cruze and a Honda Accord all with manual transmissions. I drove the Honda first. I was satisfactory but not great. I was struck by how stark the interior was. On the positive side, itis a larger car than the other two I was considering. Also, with a new Accord coming in the summer, the dealer may be willing to come down on the price, especially since manuals do not sell very well.

Next, I drove a Chevy Cruze. It was the Eco model with the higher fuel economy. It was also a manual. I was nicer inside than the Honda, quieter than the Honda, had a six speed transmission vice a five speed, and cost less. The small turbo engine in the car made it really easy to shift with alot of torque just above idle. The torque down low in the rev range made it a good highway cruiser since it was only turning 1800 RPMs at 70 miles per hour. I was nearly sold at that point, but they must be selling well because Chevrolet was not offering any incentives on the car. I could only get a military discount worth about $500 and a USAA discount of $750.

Last I drove the Ford Focus. All the magazines have loved this car. The reviewers hated the dual clutch automatic and the overly complex extra cost radio systems. Car and Driver suggested getting the manual with a base radio. A dealer near Orlando had exactly that car. It was rated at fewer MPG than the Chevy and has a five speed transmission versus a six speed. It is really fun to drive and has the best shifting transmission of the three. It is louder on the highway due to higher engine RPMs but the motor is very smooth. It was not as nice on the inside as the Cruze but better than the Honda. It was also the smallest of the three. I had the dealer work up an offer. The car's MSRP was almost identical to the Cruze, right around $20,000, but Ford was offering a $2000 incentive and $500 military discount. On top of that the dealer added a discount of $1250. They initlaly offered me $10,000 for my truck, which was fair considering the high mileage and the bald tires. When I told them I needed to see an offer from the Chevrolet dealership on the Cruze they increased the trade-in to $11,000. The sales manager call this a deal I could not refuse. He turned out to be right but I was not going to buy a car that day no matter what. Plus, I wanted to use the offer to see what Chevrolet could do. So I went back to the Chevy dealership.

Once there, I drove the Cruze again and told them to write an offer. They were not even close. I only got the $1250 off the MSRP from the military and USAA discounts. There was no additional discount from the dealer, and they only offered me $7500 for the truck. Well below Kelly Blue Book trade value. When I showed them the offer from Ford, the Chevy guy refused to budge. Chevy Cruze's must be selling like hotcakes, at sticker price! The out the door price for the Cruze would have been $14,000. The Focus was $7,000. It was a no brainer.

So... the next day I went and bought the Focus. I am getting 33.5 MPG. One of my goals was to double my mileage from my truck. The Avalanche was getting 16 MPG. I have to be careful because the car is wicked fun to drive and I want to wring it out but that will hurt my mileage. Also the car still only has 650 miles on it. I am extremely please and enjoy reading these forums.

Chris
Old 04-02-2012, 06:39 AM   #273
infocus61
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 86846
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass FoFo SE HB M/T

FF Reputation: 1 infocus61 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lac3513 View Post
I have had my Focus for two weeks and I am very pleased. Before purchase I drove a manual Honda Accord, a manual Chevy Cruze and the Focus I eventually bought.

I decided I wanted a manual if I could get one, even though modern automatics get slightly better fuel economy. I knew I wanted a smaller car to maximize the potential fuel savings and minimize the cost of the purchase. I quickly found a Ford Focus,a Chevy Cruze and a Honda Accord all with manual transmissions. I drove the Honda first. I was satisfactory but not great. I was struck by how stark the interior was. On the positive side, itis a larger car than the other two I was considering. Also, with a new Accord coming in the summer, the dealer may be willing to come down on the price, especially since manuals do not sell very well.

Next, I drove a Chevy Cruze. It was the Eco model with the higher fuel economy. It was also a manual. I was nicer inside than the Honda, quieter than the Honda, had a six speed transmission vice a five speed, and cost less. The small turbo engine in the car made it really easy to shift with alot of torque just above idle. The torque down low in the rev range made it a good highway cruiser since it was only turning 1800 RPMs at 70 miles per hour. I was nearly sold at that point, but they must be selling well because Chevrolet was not offering any incentives on the car. I could only get a military discount worth about $500 and a USAA discount of $750.

Last I drove the Ford Focus. All the magazines have loved this car. The reviewers hated the dual clutch automatic and the overly complex extra cost radio systems. Car and Driver suggested getting the manual with a base radio. A dealer near Orlando had exactly that car. It was rated at fewer MPG than the Chevy and has a five speed transmission versus a six speed. It is really fun to drive and has the best shifting transmission of the three. It is louder on the highway due to higher engine RPMs but the motor is very smooth. It was not as nice on the inside as the Cruze but better than the Honda. It was also the smallest of the three. I had the dealer work up an offer. The car's MSRP was almost identical to the Cruze, right around $20,000, but Ford was offering a $2000 incentive and $500 military discount. On top of that the dealer added a discount of $1250. They initlaly offered me $10,000 for my truck, which was fair considering the high mileage and the bald tires. When I told them I needed to see an offer from the Chevrolet dealership on the Cruze they increased the trade-in to $11,000. The sales manager call this a deal I could not refuse. He turned out to be right but I was not going to buy a car that day no matter what. Plus, I wanted to use the offer to see what Chevrolet could do. So I went back to the Chevy dealership.

Once there, I drove the Cruze again and told them to write an offer. They were not even close. I only got the $1250 off the MSRP from the military and USAA discounts. There was no additional discount from the dealer, and they only offered me $7500 for the truck. Well below Kelly Blue Book trade value. When I showed them the offer from Ford, the Chevy guy refused to budge. Chevy Cruze's must be selling like hotcakes, at sticker price! The out the door price for the Cruze would have been $14,000. The Focus was $7,000. It was a no brainer.

So... the next day I went and bought the Focus. I am getting 33.5 MPG. One of my goals was to double my mileage from my truck. The Avalanche was getting 16 MPG. I have to be careful because the car is wicked fun to drive and I want to wring it out but that will hurt my mileage. Also the car still only has 650 miles on it. I am extremely please and enjoy reading these forums.

Chris
Congrats on your new car. I'm with you on the shifting. This car has an awesome clutch, and once you get use to it, the shifter is silky smooth. I love all the gadgets and like you said, Ford is offering some great incentives right now. Direct injection, independent rear suspension, lots of high-strength steel and solid handling. What's not to like?
Old 04-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #274
Royal Tee
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10037
What I Drive: Black Loaded Titanium & 2k1 SE

Points 504, Level 10
Points: 504, Level: 10 Points: 504, Level: 10 Points: 504, Level: 10
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Royal Tee Good Standing Member
Had a Beamer driver in a HomeDepot lot absolutely loving the ride.
Was complementing the wheeles (18" rims), noticed the "Huge Screen" inside kept asking me questions about it.

I was like damn...

But it was nice...
Old 04-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #275
bsp_53
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87580
What I Drive: 2012 FF Titanium HB, Yellow Blaze

Points 519, Level 10
Points: 519, Level: 10 Points: 519, Level: 10 Points: 519, Level: 10
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 bsp_53 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tee View Post
Was complementing the wheeles (18" rims), noticed the "Huge Screen" inside kept asking me questions about it.

I was like damn...

But it was nice...
Gotta love it!!!

People in my small town still aren't done with their ogling and positive coomments.
Hatch Nation #174
Old 04-04-2012, 04:48 PM   #276
Titanium2012
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96424
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Titanium2012 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tee View Post

I was like damn...

But it was nice...
I had a guy complementing my wheels and tires today too. He was like "damn those are nice".
Old 04-05-2012, 05:15 AM   #277
erato
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97294
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red Ti Ecoboost estate

FF Reputation: 1 erato Good Standing Member
I am taking delivery of a Candy Red Titanium Estate next week, European version with 6 stick manual and 150 hp Ecoboost and most of the goodies except nav (adaptive cruise control, parking assist, HID lights, keyless, the big stereo with DAB (no MFT in Europe), heated windshield, 17'' wheels, electrically adjusted driver seat).

My former Merc S 320 99 is definitely looking antique in the equipment department compared to this. My wife have a 2005 European Focus C-Max, drives great.

Last edited by erato; 04-05-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #278
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,841, Level 32
Points: 2,841, Level: 32 Points: 2,841, Level: 32 Points: 2,841, Level: 32
Level Up 61% Completed
Level up: 61% Level up: 61% Level up: 61%
Forum Activity 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Last week I did a U-turn in my car and my friend Ariel (who owns a Yaris) asked what it was that made it so fun. I was like “Uhh… a stiffer suspension? And Torque Vectoring™?” and she says “Do another U-turn.”

Then yesterday I drove my cousin's car (2001 Escape) home from IKEA because she was uncomfortable driving with the boxes/furniture and so she drove my car home. When she handed me the keys back she said "I could drive your car every day." haha
Old 04-05-2012, 10:51 PM   #279
euro_zx5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 29329
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue 5dr Ti

FF Reputation: 1 euro_zx5 Good Standing Member
Within the first half an hour of owning the car, I have been getting compliments... people can't believe it's a Focus! This has to be the most pleasurable car I have ever driven.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:47 AM   #280
LoganK
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 95336
What I Drive: 2008 Scion xD

FF Reputation: 1 LoganK Good Standing Member
I finally received my car 04/04 (ordered 02/28) ... nobody is stopping me in the street to compliment me, but I love this car! Interior is quiet, stereo is better than expected (six speaker), handling is great, and everything feels well implemented. Actually, it's a little too quiet inside; I didn't realize how often I was squealing my tires around corners until I rolled the window down!

Anyway, driving it like I stole for the first tank, and I'll report back after the first oil change, but my car isn't showing any of the problems I've read about on here.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.