I LOVE my Mk3 Ford Focus 100% whoo hoo thread!! - Page 27 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-21-2012, 09:14 AM   #261
st falcon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92343
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy HATCH SEL

FF Reputation: 3 st falcon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I feel evactly the same! Now after 8k miles, (and warmer wx) we get 38mpg highway and amazingly 33mpg city (you HAVE to accelerate sloooowly, other wise I get 28 city which is still above the EPA rating) and this is the best looking car in several similar segments...had a couple oogling the focus two days ago, right before the slowly got into their new accent (oops! Bought the wrong car!). I agree on the ST as well, I may be sellin the Bronco to get into one...ill wait to see if this year is the end of civilization first tho. Just kidding.
Posted via FF Mobile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #262
kevinxb
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96008
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 kevinxb Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium2012 View Post
That's cool! I almost bought my car in Columbia, MD (on March 5th actually). But I really wasn't digging the sales guys there. A little too shady and not forthcoming with info.
Yeah, they were OK to deal with. They had what I wanted in stock and they gave me what I needed on my trade to make it happen. It helps that they're 5 mins away and I get free car washes and oil changes too, haha.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:23 PM   #263
B1GTED
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96546
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Metallic Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 B1GTED Good Standing Member
Just picked up my 2012 Focus Titanium in Tuxedo Black Metallic yesterday. Loving it so far. Man it is really a sharp looking car, and the technology inside is just amazing. Love all the features from the rain aware wipers, to the ambient changing of interior lights. Push button start, etc! I Love the voice recognition too, haven't had a car with that before, and it is very convenient and keeps my eyes on the road. Works fairly well too! Looking forward to the great gas mileage too! I am coming from a 2010 Challenger that got 13 to 14 mpg in the city!
Old 03-21-2012, 03:33 PM   #264
coaster zombie
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 94183
What I Drive: 2003 Taurus Centennial

FF Reputation: 1 coaster zombie Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by st falcon View Post
ill wait to see if this year is the end of civilization first tho. Just kidding.
Haven't you heard? 12-21-12 already happened. The Mayans had no idea about Leap Day..
Old 03-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #265
st falcon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92343
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy HATCH SEL

FF Reputation: 3 st falcon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by coaster zombie View Post
Haven't you heard? 12-21-12 already happened. The Mayans had no idea about Leap Day..
exactly lol! I think the end of the world might actually be in november, right after the pres election...

1996 Bronco XLT 351W
Cant wait for Summer when I pop the top!!
Old 03-21-2012, 08:11 PM   #266
DAC17
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85128
What I Drive: 2012 Tricoat Yellow Blaze SE

FF Reputation: 1 DAC17 Good Standing Member
As the engine breakes in (now at 1550 miles), the mileage keeps getting better. Today I got 32.4, all in-town driving. And fun to drive to boot. Reminds me a lot of the Mazda3 I owned previously. That was a pretty high bar.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:44 PM   #267
Mykal
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 96521
What I Drive: 2012 Focus HB Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Mykal Good Standing Member
Better than a Mazda 3?

Just hit 500 miles on my 2012 SEL hatchback. Still assessing the car as I've had it for about a week; but really liking the car. Not quite as nimble as the 07 3S hatchback I've had the past 5 years and recently gave my son. That car was/is simply awesome.

I really miss the Mazda's side gate for manual shifting of the automatic.

The fuel economy of the Focus is fantastic, avg 32 - 36 all around! Way better than the 3.

The seats are more comfortable but rear seat leg room is a bit more cramped as is the rear hatch storage...not much of a difference but it is smaller.

Fit and finish is not quite equal to the Mazda, body gaps are larger and my lift hatch is not matched between the left and right...gaps are different. I see this as being an issue with Ford quality on start up of a new model and platform.

Paint finish is great, equal to the True Red finish on the 3; this time I opted for the Tuxedo Black. I love the metallic flake, it's not for everyone but it is one of the things (besides the overall look) that makes me go 'whoa, that's cool'! Especially when the sun is out.

Being a new car I haven't explored the full performance but it does have good torque when you want it...I know the earlier models are reluctant to kick down to a lower gear quickly but I have no complaints. Mine was built 2/12/12. In twisty 'S' curves the Focus is equal to the Mazda, maybe a tad better at speed. Again, I miss the manual gate to up the excitement and increased response. The Power Shift DCT is up to the task but not as fluid or as flexible as the Mazda's. The shift control buttons in my opinion are, well, a really bad design. Looks to be almost an after thought from the design team. Unfortunately Ford is carrying this forward to the 2013 Mustang. My 2005 Mustang has no manual option which is still better than the shift buttons.

Technology in the Focus is outstanding. I opted out of the 'My Ford Touch' due to concerns of it freezing up even with the recent patch/upgrade but went with Sync My Ford with the dual 4.2" screens. It mated to my phone easily and can read text messages...bonus! The 2012 3 is well...very outdated in regards to what Ford offers for technology. The 2013 3 may close that gap...We'll see shortly, but I couldn't wait that long.

If I was asked to sum up the comparisons between the 5 year old 3 and a new Focus I'd say the Focus is more refined than the three. It drives like a European car, feels heavier than it is (its within 100 lbs of the older 3), has more HP and torque but it's not as easy to get to. Cabin comfort is incredible, much better than the Mazda (old or 2012). Gas mileage is unbelievable. The Focus is better in many regards but the Mazda (old and new) is easier to drive especially if you want it lively and on demand. My opinion may change once the Focus is broken in and I can let loose with increased gusto...but at this time I don't see it.

When I drove the 2012 3 (Skyactive and 2.5S) and compared it to the Focus, the Focus was/is the superior car. The 3 felt dated, hated the 'clown' face and 3 was just not as elegant as the Focus. I loved the power of the 2.5 liter but gas mileage is very important with gas at +$4 a gallon. Again, the Focus feels more refined, just not as eager as the 3. (exception being the Skyactive model that's under powered and not responsive).

Am I pleased withe my Focus? Absolutely. Does the DCT act weird..sometimes but it's a different type of automatic and not at all bad, just different.

Would I purchase the car again...absolutely. Would I buy a Mazda 3 vs a Focus? I now own the Focus....

Just my opinions.

Mykal
Old 03-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #268
heliosj228
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 97016
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 heliosj228 Good Standing Member
Hi all!

I've owned my 2012 Ford Focus SEL for about 24 hours now and I'm quite pleased. I've only ever owned two other cars in my life, a Mazda 323 and a Chevy Cavalier -- this feels (and is) an incredible upgrade in my eyes.

I've been enjoying reading the forums today, I hope to participate more in the future. Thanks for everyone's insight and knowledge!

Old 03-30-2012, 09:00 AM   #269
kevinxb
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96008
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 kevinxb Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Love the color with those wheels!
Old 04-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #270
DBrim
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97130
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus SE sedan

FF Reputation: 1 DBrim Good Standing Member
This weekend I finally took the plunge and drove home my new SE Automatic.

My previous car (my first car) was a 1996 Volvo 850. Last week it decided that it didn't like to hold power steering fluid anymore. The rack and pinion and the tie rods needed to be replaced, so it was time to start looking. Focus was the last car that I looked at, and was the best, especially since they had a $2000 rebate if you took delivery this weekend.

It feels good to finally have a car again. Since I jumped ahead 16 years, the things that are making the most difference are the interior conveniences. I *LOVE* how the cruise control tells you what speed it's set to (I'm used to guess-work). Satellite radio is quite nice, too. My Volvo had heated seats, too, but I like how these can be set to different levels. Also, the old car had an issue where the driver's side wiper lifted up in its housing, so basically I had to bend the arm to compress on the windshield really hard to maintain contact, causing streaks. I forgot what it's like to have good wipers.

There are a couple of issues (mine was built 10/17 and it doesn't feel like the transmission TSB was ever applied) but overall I'm really excited.

Bookmarks & Social Networks