I LOVE my Mk3 Ford Focus 100% whoo hoo thread!! - Page 26 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-15-2012, 08:36 AM   #251
mnxs54
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94058
What I Drive: 2012 White SE

FF Reputation: 1 mnxs54 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I just picked up my new Focus on Monday. White SE Hatch, Manual, Sport Pkg, Winter Pkg, Exterior Protection Package. This is a fantastic car! I just put about 200 miles on it last night and it's a pleasure to drive. The transmission is flawless and same goes for the engine. I took it on one of favorite motorcycle roads and it's glued to the road. One surprising thing is how quiet it is. I'm really impressed with Ford's ability to make such a fun car so quiet. Oh yeah, and I'm averaging 36 mpg!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2012, 12:20 PM   #252
jxzavier
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93194
What I Drive: 2012 SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 jxzavier Good Standing Member
Bought my Ingot Silver SE on March 6... Signed papers with 311 miles on it, almost 900 now. Just got 35% tinted all around. I'm in Virginia Beach, so the gas mileage isn't ideal... but it's been pretty decent so I can't complain. Getting 28.5-29.2 MPG. I've filled up once, currently at 59MTE.

I'm actually 6'4'' mostly in upper body, and the head room is terrible for me. I traded in my 2011 Sangria Red SE Focus for this. SUCH AN IMPROVEMENT. I loved my 11 when I bought it. I bought it on December 31, 2010 and a couple weeks later the 12 was released with the same deal my dealership offered me. I wasn't too happy lol. But I traded it in and got it with a much better deal than I had before. Interest is way less, my payment is less, I actually have a warranty on it, GAP protection, even got the paint protection added into it. Definitely worth it. I just can't wait to take it on a road trip in June when I head back home to Michigan!

Worth every penny. My grandfather actually retired out of Wayne Assembly where the Focus, was or is still?, made. Put in 45 years there... Definitely feels good knowing I am helping his retirement because he got screwed in 2006 with his pension. He's looking to buy one now!
Old 03-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #253
gkirk
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91903
What I Drive: 2012 C.Red Focus SE Sport Package

FF Reputation: 3 gkirk Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxzavier View Post
Bought my Ingot Silver SE on March 6... Signed papers with 311 miles on it, almost 900 now. Just got 35% tinted all around. I'm in Virginia Beach, so the gas mileage isn't ideal... but it's been pretty decent so I can't complain. Getting 28.5-29.2 MPG. I've filled up once, currently at 59MTE.

I'm actually 6'4'' mostly in upper body, and the head room is terrible for me. I traded in my 2011 Sangria Red SE Focus for this. SUCH AN IMPROVEMENT. I loved my 11 when I bought it. I bought it on December 31, 2010 and a couple weeks later the 12 was released with the same deal my dealership offered me. I wasn't too happy lol. But I traded it in and got it with a much better deal than I had before. Interest is way less, my payment is less, I actually have a warranty on it, GAP protection, even got the paint protection added into it. Definitely worth it. I just can't wait to take it on a road trip in June when I head back home to Michigan!

Worth every penny. My grandfather actually retired out of Wayne Assembly where the Focus, was or is still?, made. Put in 45 years there... Definitely feels good knowing I am helping his retirement because he got screwed in 2006 with his pension. He's looking to buy one now!
So wait, are you saying the headroom is good or bad? I'm 6'1 and it is great for me, but I haven't thought about it much. Enjoy the car, I really like mine!

gk
Old 03-15-2012, 01:45 PM   #254
Macsleuth
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90432
What I Drive: 2012 Stirling Grey Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Macsleuth Good Standing Member
Changed over to the 18" option wheels from winter rims yesterday, washed and cleaned. Was leaving Canadian Tire last night and noticed a couple guys looking the Focus over as I got in and drove away. Sweet! It's spring in Canada!
Old 03-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #255
Titanium2012
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96424
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Titanium2012 Good Standing Member
It's been almost two weeks since I bought my Ingot Silver Titanium. I liked the looks and the technology of it from day one, but today was the first day I really enjoyed driving it. I think I'm finally getting used to the DCT or it's getting used to me.

I took it out for a couple semi-long drives on a mix of highway and winding country back roads. I was impressed with the handling as I was pushing it more than I ever had before. The acceleration on the highway wasn't mindblowing of course, but it seemed to be much better than it was the first week or so. Hopefully I don't start experiencing some of the problems people on this board are mentioning. Right now, I'm really enjoying this car and think I made the right choice!
Old 03-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #256
kevinxb
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96008
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 kevinxb Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium2012 View Post
It's been almost two weeks since I bought my Ingot Silver Titanium. I liked the looks and the technology of it from day one, but today was the first day I really enjoyed driving it. I think I'm finally getting used to the DCT or it's getting used to me.

I took it out for a couple semi-long drives on a mix of highway and winding country back roads. I was impressed with the handling as I was pushing it more than I ever had before. The acceleration on the highway wasn't mindblowing of course, but it seemed to be much better than it was the first week or so. Hopefully I don't start experiencing some of the problems people on this board are mentioning. Right now, I'm really enjoying this car and think I made the right choice!
Another new Titanium driver in MD here. Got mine on March 5. Congrats on yours and glad to hear the DCT is adjusting to your liking.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:52 PM   #257
thelongone13
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95644
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Focus SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 thelongone13 Good Standing Member
I took mine for a short drive today. Almost destroyed it too, if it weren't for some pretty good (IMO) brakes. Holy crap... This thing does 60-0 WAY faster than 0-60, which is a good thing... I had no less than 5 wild turkeys just pop out in front of me. Of all things, freaking turkeys. Gotta admit, the brakes just feel right to me. Match the Mini and feel pretty close (but better) than my Grand Prix with REALLY expensive brakes...

A Ford Focus driver with ADD
Old 03-20-2012, 03:02 AM   #258
TitaniumGero
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88508
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Titanium Focus

FF Reputation: 3 TitaniumGero Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macsleuth View Post
Changed over to the 18" option wheels from winter rims yesterday, washed and cleaned. Was leaving Canadian Tire last night and noticed a couple guys looking the Focus over as I got in and drove away. Sweet! It's spring in Canada!
Not in Whitehorse! I have no idea what part of the season it is now. Definitely the weirdest winter ever. My car will arrive around mid April which is the time of slush and muddy roads. Not looking forward to that, but looking forward to getting into my new car! :)
Old 03-20-2012, 07:23 PM   #259
Titanium2012
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96424
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Titanium2012 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinxb View Post
Another new Titanium driver in MD here. Got mine on March 5. Congrats on yours and glad to hear the DCT is adjusting to your liking.
That's cool! I almost bought my car in Columbia, MD (on March 5th actually). But I really wasn't digging the sales guys there. A little too shady and not forthcoming with info.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:22 AM   #260
mastercko
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96658
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 mastercko Good Standing Member
I absolutely love my Race Red SEL Hatch (sitting just north of 11k miles now). Seriously, hands down the best purchase I have ever made in my entire life. I often find myself just standing and looking at it when I'm not driving it. I also love watching it roll out of the car wash or other situations when I can just gaze at its approach (like when my wife is picking me up from somewhere). It's just an attractive car. Turns heads all over the place.

I haven't gotten tired of it (in fact, I think that I'm more into it now) and I've had it since May of last year (I'm pretty fickle when it comes to new gadgets and toys). Rides great, handles great, has a perfect amount of pick up and gets great mileage. Second to none tech inside and MFT with the new update rounds out the all around greatness of this vehicle. Once I wear down these tires and replace them, I'm thinking of upgrading to some 17s or maybe 18s.

I also kind of want to get an ST for myself when they are released and let my wife keep our SEL as hers (we'll be a Focus Family).

Seriously, love love love this car.

Last edited by mastercko; 03-21-2012 at 12:47 PM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->