I LOVE my Mk3 Ford Focus 100% whoo hoo thread!! - Page 13 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-02-2011, 01:06 AM   #121
flingwing1969
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91700
What I Drive: 2012 white platinum Forcus SEL 303A

FF Reputation: 2 flingwing1969 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by st falcon View Post
Well, we went from a 2005 Mercury Mountaineer "luxury" AWD, to the focus...a year ago this would have been a strange move. A loaded SUV to am economy car?? WELL, the new Focus definitely shifts the paradigm!! Driving the Focus feels like driving a German luxury sport sedan!! (I guess it was designed there lol!) But to drive a car like this, assemble right here in Wayne Michigan, all I can say is THATS RIGHT WORLD, be built this!

When my wife wanted to find a more fuel efficient car for her job, I suggested a new Focus...She said "really? a Focus??". Now she wants to drive nothing else!

We didnt even test drive a Cruze, she said it looked bland (It's just how Chevy rolls, IMO) and we even passed up her Dad's Chrysler employee discount, because they dont offer anything interesting that gets more than 25mpg (I SO could have taken a new Charger SRT/8 home tho!).

So yeah, we love the new Focus.
Right on!
1974 Dodge W300 Power Wagon dump truck
2002 Kubota B-21 tractor-loader-backhoe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2011, 11:32 AM   #122
skivvies
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86452
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 skivvies Good Standing Member
I got mine in June to replace my terrible PT Cruiser (so much hate for that car). I love it so much.

I love the interior...it feels way more expensive than it actually cost. I love the color. I love that it's a hatchback. I love actually being able to turn and park, unlike when I was driving the PT. I love it when I catch other people checking my car out. I love actually being able to accelerate, unlike the PT. I love the gas mileage. I just seriously adore this car.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:23 PM   #123
MyLittleSuzy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92914
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver SEL Hatch 303A

FF Reputation: 1 MyLittleSuzy Good Standing Member
I've only owned Fords since 1963. My new 2012 Focus, which I pre-ordered, has to be my favorite purchase to date. In the past I've only owned mid-sized Ford cars and pick-ups, except for a Pinto I owned once.

After trading in a 2001 Taurus, I am extremely pleased with my new Focus. The MFT is tempermental, but I can live with it for now. I get nothing but compliments on the my SEL Focus. I'm glad I opted for the SEL instead of the Titanium, I didn't want to deal with the short tread life of the 18" wheels.

I've had my Focus about 7 months now, and I'm quite fond of it at this point. My wife and I both call her "Little Suzy". The car is female you know. Microsoft and Ford refer to the voice control as Samantha, but I renamed her Suzy.

The technology for the whole car is fantastic! My first Fords were a constant maintence problem with carburator, points, and the like repairs. All the safety features are something else in the new Focus. The other day a had to make a quick swerve to avoid a semi-truck tire re-tread. I was amazed how the Focus safety system kept the care from over-steering. I feel very confident with all the safety features of the 2012 Fosus.

Since 1963, I've owned about 20 Fords, some 3 at a time (kids going to school). For now I have a 2006 Fusion and the 2012 Focus. Ford has really gotten their act together with their new line of cars. The only thing they messed up is the MFT, but that system is evolving. It is a very complex system and will come around. I've got MFT 2.11 installed. At least it resets a couple of minutes after it hangs up. I can remember when MS Windows 1.0 came out in the 70's, and we can all remember how long it has taken Windows to evolve, each version a little better.

Overall, I'm one extremely happy camper with my new Focus!
Old 12-22-2011, 08:03 AM   #124
r1derbike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62667
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport Hatch - Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 4 r1derbike Good Standing Member
Its attributes far outweigh its niggles. First time I drove mine, it was Zen. The seats fit me like a glove, the bolsters are as large as I wanted. It just drove and felt like a more expensive car.

Problem: My wife has been wanting a new car for a few years (Chevy Cruze), which she bought several days ago.

Straight-up, after driving both for extended trips; the CRUZE feels cheap inside. It handles worse, the cabin noise is bad, and I just can't get over how much better the Focus is.

If anyone doubts this, drive both for a while. It's a no-brainer.

Last edited by r1derbike; 02-01-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:22 PM   #125
sdrono
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 92500
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Titanium sedan

FF Reputation: 1 sdrono Good Standing Member
After driving a 2011 Focus SEL as a loaner car I really appreciate the 2012 Focus. There is no comparison in the cars. The 2012 is so much more fun to drive and so much better looking. Sorry other Focus owners, just love the 2012.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:43 PM   #126
Mayonaze
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92949
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass SEL HBack DCT

FF Reputation: 1 Mayonaze Good Standing Member
Picked up my 2012 Hatchback SEL in Frosted Glass last Friday. It has Equipment Group 303A and the Winter package. Love the color and absolutely love the car! I traded my 2011 Ford Fiesta in on it.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:29 AM   #127
2012htch
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 84735
What I Drive: 2012 kona blue hatch sport package

FF Reputation: 1 2012htch Good Standing Member
my se Sport hatch has been awesome! 6 months with no complaints!
Old 12-30-2011, 09:32 AM   #128
Bruiser
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91228
What I Drive: 2012 Black,Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Bruiser Good Standing Member
I am still lovin' my 2012 hatch Titanium black. I am getting 27 - 29 MPG around town. Absolutely no problems with it so far.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:10 AM   #129
Binyana2011
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87240
What I Drive: 2012 RCM Ti Hatch, 2012 Elantra Ltd

FF Reputation: 5 Binyana2011 Good Standing Member
I would not have bought the Ti hatchback if I did not like how it look and drove. As it was an early December build, I knew it would have the first major update of MFT and the transmission. Both work fantastic!

This is such a great car. I don't have many miles on it as I have just taken a few short trips around town and on the highway. I stopped in at the local gas station on Friday and two people came up and complimented me on the car. They too to love the color (red candy) and how the 18 inch wheels make the hatchback look.

Sure, the long term reliability jury is still out. But, I have bought a lot of Fords over the years and have never had a bad one. I am confident that the transmission update has taken care of the quirks that some have had. As for MFT, the first major update appears to have fixed a lot of the issues and I would be willing to be the one coming out next early next year will handle the rest.

My only gripe? The gas door getting blow open going through the car wash. It has happened twice at two different touchless washes. I now carry a bottle of spray cleaner and blue painter's tape. I am going to spritz the area clean and tape the damn door shut prior to venturing through. I'm sure Ford will come up with a fix as I know I am not the only one to experience this with the hatchback.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #130
Robfofan
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93245
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling gray Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Robfofan Good Standing Member
I just picked up my TI hatch in Sterling Gray thursday night and there is absolutely nothing on that car I don't love. Titanium and winter package with moonroof. Replaced a 2003 Mazda6 V6 sport with 220 HP - the focus blows it away.

Oops - there is one thing I'm not thrilled with. It came from another dealer with a red pinstripe. Totally unexpected on that type of car.

Bookmarks & Social Networks