DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 97 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-08-2012, 09:58 AM   #961
jernel
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97410
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SFE

FF Reputation: 1 jernel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Talking

Yep, They always say be careful buying a brand new design in the first year of production. I didnt realize the car was a year old already when I bought it. I figured it was the second year. I just forgot about it. But luckily i dont have any complaints anymore. If you guys are still having issues with the trans after an older upgrade, try getting the latest TSB (Technical Service Bulleten) computer update, And/Or try a different dealer maybe? Your warranty will cover it.
I heard that these trans designs are not a new thing. BMW has used them, but they are refined. Ford probably will refine theirs, so right, I expect the future to correct any trans issues. All said, I love my 2012 Focus SFE and would not let this distarct me from buying the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #962
jernel
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97410
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SFE

FF Reputation: 1 jernel Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by allyy View Post
[

Yes it is diffrent but its not what ford had in mind. You can be sure that in the future ford is going to refine it. 2013 wont be like this at all so when people say it great i just dont no why when the improved and better of is kind is to be put in the 2013 model. For will have to make it work the way it was meant to be on the drafting table. What we have now is nothing more than a prototype.GLTY
Yep, They always say be careful buying a brand new design in the first year of production. I didnt realize the car was a year old already when I bought it. I figured it was the second year. I just forgot about it. But luckily i dont have any complaints anymore. If you guys are still having issues with the trans after an older upgrade, try getting the latest TSB (Technical Service Bulleten) computer update, And/Or try a different dealer maybe? Your warranty will cover it.
I heard that these trans designs are not a new thing. BMW has used them, but they are refined. Ford probably will refine theirs, so right, I expect the future to correct any trans issues. All said, I love my 2012 Focus SFE and would not let this distarct me from buying the car.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:53 AM   #963
Swerveson
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97261
What I Drive: 2012 Oxofrd White SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Swerveson Good Standing Member
I took my car into the dealer this weekend to have them take a look at the transimission. Ironically while driving the car earlier that morning, the 1st gear shuddering was almost unnoticable. I took it to the dealer anyways, and had a service tech take the car for a test drive with me. The car drove perfectly smooth we both only felt a slight shudder once or twice while accelerating from a stop. Hopefully the transmission just needed to be broken in. The tech was very helpful ans eager to help if i had any other issues. He explained all about how the transmission worked, as well as any issues he has seen. He has fixed 1 or two, but most that were built in later 2011 that he has seen have been fine. He has worked on transmissions for numerous manufacurers for the past 30 years and he said that ford is by far the best quality; which is why he chose to work at Ford. The tech also said that this transmission, while new relitively new to ford, is a good transmission, and any issues should be able to be resolved by any dealer. So I was fortunate enough to have my DCT issue work itself out, and hopefully I dont experience any other issues going forward. I had a great experience at the dealer and they were more than willing to listen and help out with any issues I had. I would higly recommend Walnut Creek Ford if you are in the SF Bay Area.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:21 AM   #964
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
I had the Transmission update a couple weeks back. I never felt the car was right, but after the update it was better. I say better because it still did odd things. It would shutter at low speeds, it would sometimes not shift to a low enough gear and would shake until it got enough speed and would still jerk sometimes. I felt this was wrong, but thought maybe that was the way it should be.

Well I took my car in Saturday to get the steering gear fixed and I knew they were providing me a loaner car. I specifically asked for a 2012 Focus so I could compare it with my car. I was shocked at what I experienced! The loaner drives like a dream! It shifts perfectly, no shutter, no crazy shift patters, no issues period! What a great car to drive. Yes, you can still tell it is different from a standard automatic, but nothing like my car. My car shifts like a driver who has just learned to drive a stick shift.

So now it is on! I plan to contact the dealer this morning and let them know I want my car fixed! I am not planning to settle for an almost right car, nor should anyone else who has the same problems. Sure the update was helpful, but there are still several noticable issues. I know this transmission can work right and now I will not accept less.

I think the large number of issues that I have had with this car in the 2,000 miles I've driven it are one factor for my stubborness to accept these flaws. It has been terrible dealing with all the bugs from the transmission to the MFT and everything in the middle. I want the car I paid for and if I need to take it to the shop every Monday, I guess I will get to know the dealership really well.

I will post updates as I go through this painful process.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:38 AM   #965
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
Good luck! Keep us posted.

FYI, my clutch was replaced due to a leak and now my car drives like the loaner you describe.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:50 AM   #966
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post

FYI, my clutch was replaced due to a leak and now my car drives like the loaner you describe.
Yeah if I have to take it back time and time again I will. I now know how it should be and I do not plan to accept it like it is. I paid way to much money for that car for it to be almost right. I really think Ford needs to step up and fix the units that are having these issues. They must know there is a real issue and unless they make this right I will no longer give them my loyalty. I have purchased several new Fords and Mazdas and never have I felt like I got cheated, until now. I just want my car right.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:22 AM   #967
Red 2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85244
What I Drive: 2012 candy red SEL; 2005 Freestyle

FF Reputation: 1 Red 2012 Good Standing Member
we have every right to expect our "early run 2012" vechicles to operate at the level of current 2012 vechicles .... this is the same as MFT but yet unresolved.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:27 AM   #968
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red 2012 View Post
we have every right to expect our "early run 2012" vechicles to operate at the level of current 2012 vechicles .... this is the same as MFT unresolved.
I only bought my car 6 weeks ago, so I really thought it would have been a newer build date. I would have never thought it would have so many issues. Yeah the MFT thing has been unacceptable. It is 100% a software issue. An issue that can be fixed. I would not think the hardware has a problem, but maybe. I know mine keeps losing the time. That could certainly be a hardware problem.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:40 PM   #969
allyy

Fan#: 95236
What I Drive: 2012 focus

FF Reputation: -3 allyy Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post

Did they tell you where it was leaking from and how it was fixed?
Old 04-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #970
PrideSax711
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97050
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver SE

FF Reputation: 1 PrideSax711 Good Standing Member
My car was built 11/11 and I just bought it a couple weeks ago. How do I know if it has the most recent TSB updates or not?

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->