DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 93 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-03-2012, 10:08 AM   #921
TBR17
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 97229
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5door SEL Premium Pkg

FF Reputation: 1 TBR17 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Guess their marketing did pay off since this is our first ford ever and I have said on numerous occasions "I'll never own a Ford". It was time for a more fuel efficient ride for the wife so we opted for the Focus. Really liked the style, feel, and overall bang for the buck. Figured with it being a new model i'd opt for the 125k mile ext war to be on the safe side. Hope with the 3/19/12 build date they have applied all the updates.....

We are nearly neighbors. In Tampa quite a bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2012, 11:01 AM   #922
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBR17 View Post
Hope with the 3/19/12 build date they have applied all the updates.....
Yeah I'm sure they have. I have the latest update too and I still have a slight shudder from a dead stop. But I can live with it given all the advantages apart from that. Mainly how great it looks and handles.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #923
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Now on day 3 without my car. If I don't get a call in the next hour, it will be day 4 at least since I won't be able to pick it up today due to work. Bolts have apparently still not come in, but they stated they put in an "emergency shipment request" for them. This makes 7 days (well, no, 6 days. I can't count the accessory installation) that I will have been without it since I bought it due to it being at the dealership. Fun times.

EDIT: Well, was informed that I got a message a couple hours ago that the bolts STILL are not in. They "should" be in tomorrow morning and my car "should" be available tomorrow afternoon. Of course if it isn't before 1 (actually sooner than that since I have an early meeting) I won't have it until Friday. Thanks, dealership.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.

Last edited by forceflow2; 04-04-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:39 PM   #924
Needlesschatter
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95082
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ford Focus S

FF Reputation: 1 Needlesschatter Good Standing Member
It would be interesting to see which type of DCT (i.e. the Six-Speed Automatic Tranny and the Six-Speed PowerShift Automatic Tranny) are having the most issues.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #925
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89399
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 danyall2010 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needlesschatter View Post
It would be interesting to see which type of DCT (i.e. the Six-Speed Automatic Tranny and the Six-Speed PowerShift Automatic Tranny) are having the most issues.
I think you meant the PowerShift with SelectShift or the PowerShift without one!
Old 04-05-2012, 04:52 AM   #926
Black Bengal
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95110
What I Drive: '09 black SES & '12 tux black ti

FF Reputation: 2 Black Bengal Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
I have the latest update too and I still have a slight shudder from a dead stop. But I can live with it given all the advantages apart from that. Mainly how great it looks and handles.
This is exactly my experience & situation.

Last edited by Black Bengal; 04-05-2012 at 04:53 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-05-2012, 05:30 AM   #927
allyy

Fan#: 95236
What I Drive: 2012 focus

FF Reputation: -3 allyy Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needlesschatter View Post

They only make the powershift for the automatic
Old 04-05-2012, 06:53 AM   #928
fcbaldwin
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 97264
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 1 fcbaldwin Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
I have the latest update too and I still have a slight shudder from a dead stop. But I can live with it given all the advantages apart from that. Mainly how great it looks and handles.
I've been reading this long thread and am surprised that there are so many varied experiences with this 3rd generation Focus. Mine was built on Feb. 13, 2012, I took delivery on March 27, and I now have 800 miles on it. I absolutely love this car. The slight shudder from dead stop started almost right away (car had 37 miles on it when I bought it). It happens after the car has warmed up. I'm not going to let this ruin what is otherwise a great looking and great handling car. Maybe it will go away or subside after more miles.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:22 AM   #929
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcbaldwin View Post
I've been reading this long thread and am surprised that there are so many varied experiences with this 3rd generation Focus. Mine was built on Feb. 13, 2012, I took delivery on March 27, and I now have 800 miles on it. I absolutely love this car. The slight shudder from dead stop started almost right away (car had 37 miles on it when I bought it). It happens after the car has warmed up. I'm not going to let this ruin what is otherwise a great looking and great handling car. Maybe it will go away or subside after more miles.
You know, I had the pronounced shudder only after getting good and hot but now at 2200 miles it's evolved into a much milder shudder, really just an uneven acceleration from a stop through 1st gear, but pretty much all the time. I guess it's good that the more pronounced shudder has subsided. I find myself experimenting with pedal application now to try to minimize any uneveness. It helps but the bottom line is the DCT is not meant to be and therefore will never be as smooth, and some on here would say as uninvolving, as a conventional auto.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:05 AM   #930
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
Now on day 3 without my car. If I don't get a call in the next hour, it will be day 4 at least since I won't be able to pick it up today due to work. Bolts have apparently still not come in, but they stated they put in an "emergency shipment request" for them. This makes 7 days (well, no, 6 days. I can't count the accessory installation) that I will have been without it since I bought it due to it being at the dealership. Fun times.

EDIT: Well, was informed that I got a message a couple hours ago that the bolts STILL are not in. They "should" be in tomorrow morning and my car "should" be available tomorrow afternoon. Of course if it isn't before 1 (actually sooner than that since I have an early meeting) I won't have it until Friday. Thanks, dealership.
I had to wait 3 months for parts to come in

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->