DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 83 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #821
chantspel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86521
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SFE Candy Blue

FF Reputation: 1 chantspel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
I know ... Ford's response works for me .. but there are many others it has not worked for. I still have a pesky ... "clunk clunk" at low speed that I have not figured out. Happens when creeping up to a stop sign. I am not sure if that is the dual clutch or some suspension problem.
I have the "clunk clunk" too! I've been trying to figure out a way to describe it but I know exactly what your talking about... Let me know if you ever get it resolved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #822
Needlesschatter
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95082
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ford Focus S

FF Reputation: 1 Needlesschatter Good Standing Member
It appears that 2012 Elantra owners are having similar automatic transmission problems and being given the same answers in the Hyundai Forums.

http://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/i...?topic=12336.0
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/197-i3...-problems.html

Makes one wonder
Old 03-21-2012, 11:57 AM   #823
chantspel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86521
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SFE Candy Blue

FF Reputation: 1 chantspel Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needlesschatter View Post
It appears that 2012 Elantra owners are having similar automatic transmission problems and being given the same answers in the Hyundai Forums.

http://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/i...?topic=12336.0
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/197-i3...-problems.html

Makes one wonder
But the Elantra doesn't have a dual clutch system I don't believe?
Old 03-21-2012, 12:16 PM   #824
Needlesschatter
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95082
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ford Focus S

FF Reputation: 1 Needlesschatter Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by chantspel View Post
But the Elantra doesn't have a dual clutch system I don't believe?
No it does not, but the Elantra's tranny is SW controlled and since most automotive ICs come from China, perhaps Ford and Hyundai bought the same chips and the problem is more HW related. I know with other SW controlled devices, faulty HW in different brands cause similar problems.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #825
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,109, Level 34
Points: 3,109, Level: 34 Points: 3,109, Level: 34 Points: 3,109, Level: 34
Level Up 40% Completed
Level up: 40% Level up: 40% Level up: 40%
Forum Activity 19%
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome10 View Post
Wow. This thread is massive!
I have a simple question I have not seen in my digging....
Best to just have the dealer check for the update?
Hello Jerome10,

If your Focus is experiencing symptoms similar to those described in the thread; it would not hurt to visit the local Ford dealership for a checkup. When you do so, send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, personal and dealer contact, and the Customer Service Manager will review your concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
...My symptoms is it seems like Im starting off in 2nd gear with a manual tranny and let me clutch out too soon but I have the Auto. you can hear and feel the shudder....
Im having my car serviced Monday to have them do the Steering TSB. I asked if they would check to confirm the latest flash was applied to my Tranny...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Got my car back yesterday from the dealer...My car was built 12/11 and I needed the Steering TSB and DCT Update. Anywho. for me the car feels like a completely different car in both respects. Not only did they fix the steering issue but more specifically the DCT feels way different... I'm very glad I had this done!.
Hello again Dysan911,

AWESOME! Glad your Focus is back on the road. Let me know if I can assist in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akelley3 View Post
So here's my story. I bought the car back in September and have pretty much had the shuddering problem from day one. ...and so they put a Vehicle Data Recording device on my car and I push a button to record what is happening with my vehicle whenever I feel it start acting up. So they took it off my car last Friday and are sending the results to Ford to see if anything shows up...
Hi akelley3,

Let's give your local Ford dealer a chance to diagnose the Focus properly. In the meantime, I can escalate your concern to the Customer Service Manger in your area. Shoot me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, personal and dealer contact info to begin the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxzavier View Post
I just bought my focus on March 6... love the car. Everything has been fine and dandy. Today, when starting out in normal drive, or first gear sports mode, the car shakes starting out and I can feel it vibrate in the pedal and steering wheel I believe... This just started today. My car was built a couple of weeks before I purchased it. I don't remember the exact date.
Hi jxzavier,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Focus!

Your vehicle does have a break-in period of 1000 miles. So give it a chance to smooth out. If the concern continues after the recommended period, don't hesitate to give me a shout out via PM. I'll just need your VIN, current mileage, personal and dealer contact info to begin the escalation process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bengal View Post
...Your absolute best option is to call Ford's toll free number & get the concern elevated to a regional service manager (not affiliated with any specific dealer) & get a reference number assigned to your issue. The regional service manager will call you & keep in touch with you throughout the process, as well as coordinate with your dealer's service dept. I was/am impressed with the attention I received from the manager assigned to my case. Keep your case going as long as you are not satisfied.
Hello Black Bengal;

Thank you for your compliment; it's truly appreciated. If I can assist in any way, let me know. Take care!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladytonya View Post
...I normally drive too fast up the hill to my apartment and it shifts fine, but if I get behind someone going show it shudders just like I was driving a manual and needed to downshift. This is really the only time it happens, other than this one area of concern...
Anyway, is this something that the update might fix or is it just going to do that just like it would if I needed to shift from 3rd to 2nd in a manual and didn't? ...
Quote:
...! Hoping the flash fixes it because I've not had any other trouble, might get them to check for the steering TSB while they're at it....
Hey ladytonya;

Did you make an appt with the local Ford dealer? If you did, I can have the Customer Service Manger in your area follow your case. Shoot me a PM with a few details - VIN, current mileage, personal and dealer contact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chantspel View Post
I have the "clunk clunk" too! I've been trying to figure out a way to describe it but I know exactly what your talking about... Let me know if you ever get it resolved.
Hi chantspel,

Let's have the local Ford dealer check this for you. Give them a call and set up an appointment. When you do so, send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, personal and dealer contact and the Customer Service Manager will assist in your case.

Thanks everyone! Have a great evening!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 03-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #826
wiegandj
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94724
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 wiegandj Good Standing Member
Powershift Transmission

Has anyone had this problem with this automayic transmission thats has a build date of 11/11?
Old 03-22-2012, 10:39 PM   #827
ladytonya
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94805
What I Drive: '12 Sterling Gray Metallic SE hatch

FF Reputation: 1 ladytonya Good Standing Member
Noemi, I haven't yet but am going to, I just have to find the time during service department hours! I'll send you the info as soon as I have an appointment.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:46 AM   #828
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,109, Level 34
Points: 3,109, Level: 34 Points: 3,109, Level: 34 Points: 3,109, Level: 34
Level Up 40% Completed
Level up: 40% Level up: 40% Level up: 40%
Forum Activity 19%
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegandj View Post
Has anyone had this problem with this automayic transmission thats has a build date of 11/11?
Hello wiegandj,

Is your Focus experiencing symptoms similar to those stated on the thread? If so, have you visited the local Ford dealership for a checkup? May I suggest that first step as well as a PM with the VIN, current mileage, personal and dealer contact info. Once I receive the PM, I'll escalate your concern to the Customer Service Manager in your area.

Quote:
Noemi, I haven't yet but am going to, I just have to find the time during service department hours! I'll send you the info as soon as I have an appointment.
Morning ladytonya,

No prob! Just send me a PM if you need assistance.

Have a GREAT weekend!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 03-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #829
allyy

Fan#: 95236
What I Drive: 2012 focus

FF Reputation: -3 allyy Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegandj View Post
I did > I took it to the dealer because it was very bad but the software update took care of it. Take it back to the dealer it is a easy fix
Old 03-23-2012, 11:37 AM   #830
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

Points 5,219, Level 46
Points: 5,219, Level: 46 Points: 5,219, Level: 46 Points: 5,219, Level: 46
Level Up 35% Completed
Level up: 35% Level up: 35% Level up: 35%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by allyy View Post
I did > I took it to the dealer because it was very bad but the software update took care of it. Take it back to the dealer it is a easy fix
Wow Allyy, sounds like you're A LOT happier than you were when you first posted. You were ready to trade your car in back then. Are you lovin' your Focus now?

Bookmarks & Social Networks