DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 68 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-01-2012, 07:04 AM   #671
Black Bengal
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95110
What I Drive: '09 black SES & '12 tux black ti

FF Reputation: 2 Black Bengal Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Please tell me what a DRL is? I don't know if I have one, nor if I want mine disabled too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2012, 08:29 AM   #672
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bengal View Post
Please tell me what a DRL is? I don't know if I have one, nor if I want mine disabled too.
I think they are referring to "Daylight (Daytime?) Running Lights" - headlights are on whenever the car is running.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:42 AM   #673
Black Bengal
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95110
What I Drive: '09 black SES & '12 tux black ti

FF Reputation: 2 Black Bengal Good Standing Member
Oh, that makes sense. DRL is only required in Canada I think, but I wouldn't mind having them enabled if only the correct exterior lights were on. I'm not sure if I want every light on during the day.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #674
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Does anyone else hear a clicking sound when rolling through stop signs (Not that I do that... or anything >_>). This also happens when slowing down to a light that is just about to change, etc.

If I’m slowing down, then hit the gas (doesn't even need to have much throttle input at all) there is some chatter or something. I’m not really worried about it because my car is under warranty until 125k miles, but I always wondered if that’s going to cause problems down the road/if anyone else has this quirk.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #675
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
I here a faint ... clunk .. clunk but no chatter. Like you I have the warranty ... but I just would like to fix it before it breaks. I am a big believer in preventative maintenance.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:24 PM   #676
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
I here a faint ... clunk .. clunk but no chatter. Like you I have the warranty ... but I just would like to fix it before it breaks. I am a big believer in preventative maintenance.
Maybe clunk is a better word... I'm going to learn to live with it until I start actually having issues. But I've pretty much adapted my driving so that it's stopped making that noise.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:37 PM   #677
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
The Focus is so quiet ... I hear every tiny noise it makes. A noise like that in my Mustang would never be heard.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #678
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwhit3devilx View Post
I brought my Focus in on December 1st to have an update applied to it. My car was built on April 26th 2011 and had all the original software on it- as well as the faulty, drifty steering rack which was replaced. The work list didn't show what updates they applied but afterward instead of shifting out of 1st and 2nd at 2300rpm, the engine revs up more freely. It was much better than it was, but the car still bogs down quite a bit and the tranny grinds occasionally...
Hey xwhit3devilx,

Congratulations on your Focus! Hopefully that new car smell is still present and you're enjoying it.

It does take approximately 500 miles or so before the Focus smooths out again. If you have reached and surpassed the approximated miles, send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, as well as your personal and dealer contact info and I'll have the Customer Service Manage review your case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladytonya View Post
Are these updates only for the sport versions of the transmission? I only ask because my dealer had no clue about these updates, but then again he also said they don't sell many cars with sport packages. I have an SE hatch with auto transmission and have no idea of I have this power shift...Anyway, would still like to know if I should push for this update or if it's just for the sport packages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladytonya View Post
Thanks! My build date is 1/11/12 so hopefully I'm up to date anyway. I'm sitting at 1,200 miles with no problems so far *knock in wood*...
Hello again ladytonya,

The SE sport package includes PowerShift with the automatic transmission. Ask your dealer what's the best route to take for the Focs, at times pushing for an unnecessary fix may not be the best route. Once a dealer has verified a vehicle is showing specified symptoms the service department will apply the necessary programs to address the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerschro View Post
If you are not having problems you should not have it done. Your computer is handling the shifts fine and introducing new info will not help and could cause some issues to crop up as it has to start over. I have an august build and the sport model with no problems and will not get the update done. If in the future it does develop issues then I will see about it but until that happens I will leave it alone.
Hi Rogerschro,

Excellent recommendation! As the saying goes "if it ain't broken, don't fix it". If you need assistance in the future, give me a shout out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beto.2621 View Post
Just got the update last week and now I'm loving the car even more. The update from Ford was dated 12-2011...
Highly recommend trying to get the update from the dealers if you don't have the latest revision.
Hey beto,

AWESOME to learn your Focus is driving smoother! If you need assistance in the future please let me know via PM by providing me the VIN, current mileage, as well as your personal and dealer contact. I will then escalate the concern to the Customer Service Manager for review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertiger View Post
I'd also like to know if some of you have had multiple updates. I had the 11-10-1 one applied and it helped a lot, but still has some of the lingering shuddering and hesitation when accelerating from a start.....
tigertiger,

Send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, personal and dealer contact info and I'll escalate the concern to the Customer Service Manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibanaChosin View Post
There was an update to PowerShift programming before December. December was the second one. I had one done to my first 2012 Focus (totaled a couple weeks ago) before December. I was going to have the December one done...That first update made a BIG difference in responsiveness in the PowerShift programming...After that first update, I noticed much more clutch chatter and/or stuttering. This new one still has a hint of stuttering during slow starts, but it's much better, and it's noticeably better at making smart shifts and is more responsive in shifting...
Hello ChibanaChosen,

Interesting handle.

Not sure if the Focus is still shuddering, but in the event it is and you would like assistance, please send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage as well as your personal and dealer contact info. The Customer Service Manager will review your concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmanr09 View Post
What is the exact update i need if I have the 11-10-1 update already and im expierencing slow throttle response and shuddering. The first update helped but did not solve the problem...
Hey hoffmanr09,

Why not shot me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, as well as your personal and dealer contact info and I'll have escalate the concern to the Customer Service Manager in your area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoasterDan View Post
I had my Focus' transmission reprogrammed a couple of weeks ago...
...In all, the driving experience is very nice, especially combined with the car's handling and ride.
Ford customer service reps., including Noemi, and the dealer treated me very well. The dealer had the car overnight to address a little rattle, in addition to the reprogramming, and they rented me a car, which I appreciated.
Thank you CoasterDan,

I appreciate your compliment. Let me know if I can assist in the future. In the meantime enjoy your Focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red 2012 View Post
So after a couple hundred miles on the "12-4" updates:...
... my overall impression is that instead of getting better with use ... it is getting worse.
... I got to wait 10 weeks so they can determine if the transmission has computed in?????
Red 2012,

The Owner Guide recommends a breakin period of 1000 miles to allow the Focus to smooth out. However, if the Focus continues to display these issues after reaching the recommended miles, please send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, personal and dealer contact and I'll be happy to escalate the concern to the Customer Service Manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVaZN View Post
Took my car to the dealership over the weekend. Service manager said the technician spoke to a Ford engineer and said there was no TSB even though I took the one printed from this site to him. I have not found the TSB on other sites though. Build date of my car is 8/1. Any suggestions?
Hi NVaZN,

Typically programs are VIN specific. Are you experiencing symptoms similar to your fellow posters? If so, please send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, as well as your personal and dealer contact. I'll have the Customer Service Manager review your case and provide assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
...I finally wrote an email to the shop manager and he took care of me. Ford couldn't tell me why they couldn't find it first either. Keep pressing.
Hey smizak,

Good to learn your Focus has been taken care of. Give me a shout out if you need assistance in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeroSportSE View Post
...I haven't had any updates done on it since I picked it up on July. Anything else I should update?
Hey GeroSprotSE,

Are your experiencing concerns with your Focus? Let me know via PM. Please send me the VIN, current mileage, personal and dealer contact and I'll escalate the concern to the Customer Service Manager.

Thank you everyone. If there is anyone else who needs assistance please don't hesitate to direct them to my attention.

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 03-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #679
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Does any one know what the physical difference is between the powershift with and without select shift? Would it require an ECU reflash if some one tried to swap the shifter or would it work out of the box? Just curious because it would be nice to have manual control over the box, but one of the cars I was looking into was an SFE model because it was one of the few ways to get the car equipped with rear disk brakes on the SE or SEL in Frosted glass due to the restriction of the interior color to medium light stone.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:56 AM   #680
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Volt 2014, White Diamond

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
Yesterday I had my first oil change (12 386 km) and the last TSB done. I have to say that the car performs better (especially when on ramp). I don't have the impression that it is in a higher gear than the one it should be. Great job, Ford ! even more !
---replaced by---
Chevy Volt 2014, White Diamond, Luxury Package, S1, Navigation.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->