DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 54 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #531
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89399
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 danyall2010 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I finally got the 12-1-4 update and the transmission is much more responsive. I will give the transmission a chance to relearn itself. They used the parking lot to test the transmission. This puts the issue to rest!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2012, 08:17 AM   #532
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Are there any Ford reps/posters on here who can tell me why the hell my dealership can't find this TSB?

I went in personally yesterday, the last guy on the phone was a dick, and described my issues and told them about the TSB. He searched on their computer, handed me the print out itself and asked me if he was missing it. It wasn't on there. What's weirder is that the TSB that is listed on the sheet is for pre-July '11 builds for MFT issues. My car was built in August. WTF.

I called Ford afterwards and asked them about it. They looked it up and found it for me in 30 seconds, as well as informing me that there was no reason that the dealership couldn't.

So one of two things is happening. They have a company policy to hide TSB's from their customers because they don't want to be bothered with the work. Or they are using some non-standard computer system that is not linking correctly with Ford.

Might have to go to a different dealer.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #533
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
Are there any Ford reps/posters on here who can tell me why the hell my dealership can't find this TSB?

I went in personally yesterday, the last guy on the phone was a dick, and described my issues and told them about the TSB. He searched on their computer, handed me the print out itself and asked me if he was missing it. It wasn't on there. What's weirder is that the TSB that is listed on the sheet is for pre-July '11 builds for MFT issues. My car was built in August. WTF.

I called Ford afterwards and asked them about it. They looked it up and found it for me in 30 seconds, as well as informing me that there was no reason that the dealership couldn't.

So one of two things is happening. They have a company policy to hide TSB's from their customers because they don't want to be bothered with the work. Or they are using some non-standard computer system that is not linking correctly with Ford.

The Ford reps seem to monitor only the "Technical Chat" forum, so try posting over there if you'd like their help.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:02 AM   #534
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post

Techs can find all TSBs for all Ford models.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #535
jbird1955
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48235
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 jbird1955 Good Standing Member
*update*

2 days later and a couple of hundred miles and its night and day (12.01.04). When getting onto the highway it holds the gear while i accelerate, from a stop the launch is superb. Kicking it down to pass also works great.

Why in the world hasn't Ford management issued this as a recall (or other communication) for all of us with the pre-August build? Or issue it as an update to anyone who brings their Focus in for service?

The president of the company states in an interview that the transmission problem has been fixed (late November I think) but they don't communicate down? I really don't get it.

Anyway, nice improvement Ford. I (and I'll speak for most if not all of us here) thank you for making this car into what I thought it was when I drove it off the lot.

Now for my MFT issue......
Old 02-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #536
hothatch
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93693
What I Drive: 2012 5-Door SE, Sport Pkg

FF Reputation: 1 hothatch Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatch View Post
Update: Dropped off car this morning, when the guy at the dealer punched my VIN into their system, no TSB came up for my car. Curious to see what they say once they have a chance to look at it. Doubt the issue will come up in a test drive since it happens so infrequently, but I want to make sure it doesn't happen again!
Update 2: They applied the latest update to my car, and I've since picked it up and put about 50 miles on it. Before getting in to how it drives though, it was interesting to find out that there was no tsb on my car overall, but after they did their diagnostic, they decided to update the transmission anyway.

Driving it, there are some clear differences. When driving up my steep driveway, it feels a little like the hand brake is engaged. It's very "sticky" feeling. I think another user mentioned the same thing. When on the road, accelerating from a full stop, it feels more like a typical automatic transmission now. Not sure what it is doing differently with the clutch, but I feel like there is a bit more torque from a dead stop. All other driving characteristics feel about the same to me so far. No out-of-gear issues since picking it up, but I'll be sure to post another update if it happens again.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:53 PM   #537
Meltdown122
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94267
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Meltdown122 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Update 2: They applied the latest update to my car, and I've since picked it up and put about 50 miles on it. Before getting in to how it drives though, it was interesting to find out that there was no tsb on my car overall, but after they did their diagnostic, they decided to update the transmission anyway.

Driving it, there are some clear differences. When driving up my steep driveway, it feels a little like the hand brake is engaged. It's very "sticky" feeling. I think another user mentioned the same thing. When on the road, accelerating from a full stop, it feels more like a typical automatic transmission now. Not sure what it is doing differently with the clutch, but I feel like there is a bit more torque from a dead stop. All other driving characteristics feel about the same to me so far. No out-of-gear issues since picking it up, but I'll be sure to post another update if it happens again.
Is the "sticky" feeling a good thing or a bad thing? Does it seem to negotiate steep hills at slow speeds better or worse?
Old 02-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #538
TDiGuy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93343
What I Drive: 2012, Candy Blue, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 TDiGuy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltdown122 View Post
Is the "sticky" feeling a good thing or a bad thing? Does it seem to negotiate steep hills at slow speeds better or worse?
I'm sure what he is experiencing is the Hill Start Assist. The car holds the brake until the engine and clutch have enough momentum to propel the car forward without rolling backwards on a hill.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #539
hothatch
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93693
What I Drive: 2012 5-Door SE, Sport Pkg

FF Reputation: 1 hothatch Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDiGuy View Post
I'm sure what he is experiencing is the Hill Start Assist. The car holds the brake until the engine and clutch have enough momentum to propel the car forward without rolling backwards on a hill.
Yeah, sounds like what I'm feeling. We're talking about super low speed here, crawling up my driveway, into the garage. It's a good thing for sure, just feels a little strange since I'm not used to a car doing that. So does the focus detect when it's on a steep hill and engage this or something?
Old 02-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #540
Meltdown122
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94267
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Meltdown122 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Yeah, sounds like what I'm feeling. We're talking about super low speed here, crawling up my driveway, into the garage. It's a good thing for sure, just feels a little strange since I'm not used to a car doing that. So does the focus detect when it's on a steep hill and engage this or something?
Hmm... I understand how the Hill start works, but are you feeling the "sticky"/grab while accelerating? The Hill Start holds the brake for a second or two when you switch from the brake to accelerator pedal while at a dead stop not while in motion. Then as you accelerate the brakes completely disengage preventing the manual transmission roll-back feel. From my experiences it only engages on an steeper incline not so much miniscule ones. It does detect the grade before it intervenes however.

Bookmarks & Social Networks