DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 42 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-18-2012, 10:53 AM   #411
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeballeater View Post
How are you guys getting this update done? I'm fighting with our local service adviser to try to get the update and he says that Ford requires a DTC to come up before they'll do an update!
My dealer pretty much told me the same thing... until I complained to Ford Corporate. It's one thing to have a problem and not say anything. It's another thing to have a problem, find the solution - only to get turned down when you're so close...

The fact of the matter is: there's a known fix. Honestly, I think they should be reflashing all of the cars just like the MFT fix. If it's the technician's time they don't want to pay for, I would gladly use my free time to re-flash other people's transmissions... but I'm weird like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2012, 06:50 PM   #412
TDiGuy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93343
What I Drive: 2012, Candy Blue, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 TDiGuy Good Standing Member
Hi all. New to the forum here. Been lurking and reading for several weeks now. I purchased a 2012 Focus Titanium on 12/31/2011 that was built 09/19/2011. From the factory it shifted smooth but not the snappy shifting that I was accustomed to with my VW DSG. Only concern I had was while backing up a very slight incline in my driveway it started to jerk and shudder when lifting off the gas.

I took it in to my dealer along with a printout of the Car and Driver (I think thats the mag) article stating that a new update came out in December. My service adviser was interested in this as well and they took the time to look it up. I got TSB 12-01-04 flashed to my car. It took them about 2 hrs to perform because I had to wait for the updated to be downloaded from Ford to the dealership computer first.

It really changed the way this car shifts for the better. Starts off the line are smooth as silk. Nearly as good as a regular automatic. Shifts through the higher gears are faster and much more direct, no more slipping of the clutch to smooth it out. It's still NOT as quick as the VW DSG but IMHO it's far more refined than VWs. This car is definitely tailored to American driving. At highway speeds it NEVER hesitates to shift gears and power delivery is always there when you want it. This car is quick and fun to drive. Get the update!
Old 01-18-2012, 07:27 PM   #413
bobakman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89045
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 bobakman Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiburon View Post
I've been getting a rough grinding sound between shifts. Originally I was told nothing was wrong. Then, I was told I needed an update. The update was performed. Nothing related to the sound changed. Now, I'm told nothing is wrong again. Even after listening to this recording, they tell me I haven't demonstrated a problem.

http://youtu.be/54_3_qF2xhQ

Sound normal to anyone here?
Wow! Sounds pretty much like what I am hearing:
http://s658.photobucket.com/albums/u...ocusSounds.mp4

I posted it in this thread:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277496
Old 01-19-2012, 02:31 AM   #414
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDiGuy View Post
Hi all. New to the forum here. Been lurking and reading for several weeks now. I purchased a 2012 Focus Titanium on 12/31/2011 that was built 09/19/2011. From the factory it shifted smooth but not the snappy shifting that I was accustomed to with my VW DSG. Only concern I had was while backing up a very slight incline in my driveway it started to jerk and shudder when lifting off the gas.

I took it in to my dealer along with a printout of the Car and Driver (I think thats the mag) article stating that a new update came out in December. My service adviser was interested in this as well and they took the time to look it up. I got TSB 12-01-04 flashed to my car. It took them about 2 hrs to perform because I had to wait for the updated to be downloaded from Ford to the dealership computer first.

It really changed the way this car shifts for the better. Starts off the line are smooth as silk. Nearly as good as a regular automatic. Shifts through the higher gears are faster and much more direct, no more slipping of the clutch to smooth it out. It's still NOT as quick as the VW DSG but IMHO it's far more refined than VWs. This car is definitely tailored to American driving. At highway speeds it NEVER hesitates to shift gears and power delivery is always there when you want it. This car is quick and fun to drive. Get the update!
Great news. I have TSB 11-10-02A applied to ours with the same results. I'll check w my tech at the next oil change to see whether an update applies to our car.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:45 AM   #415
st falcon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92343
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy HATCH SEL

FF Reputation: 3 st falcon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6769MOPARS View Post
Great news. I have TSB 11-10-02A applied to ours with the same results. I'll check w my tech at the next oil change to see whether an update applies to our car.
Ours shifts fine, but hey, another update might make it finer!! I'm sure they know all the FF members at the dealerships by now LOL!

1996 Bronco XLT 351W
Cant wait for Summer when I pop the top!!
Old 01-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #416
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89399
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 danyall2010 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by st falcon View Post
Ours shifts fine, but hey, another update might make it finer!! I'm sure they know all the FF members at the dealerships by now LOL!
I am taking mine in tomorrow! I have the NYT article, Motor Trend article, and the TSB Bulletin itself in my hand!
Old 01-19-2012, 11:07 AM   #417
kbass24emtp
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87665
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 kbass24emtp Good Standing Member
Where did you get a copy of the TSB.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #418
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbass24emtp View Post
Where did you get a copy of the TSB.
I did not have to take a copy of the TSB. My service advisor and tech were well aware of the DCT TSB and the code was downloaded and ready to install when I arrived at the dealership. We had discussed the TSB and its applicability over the phone first.

That's service!
Old 01-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #419
boogerp
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93980
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SE hatch

FF Reputation: 1 boogerp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6769MOPARS View Post
I did not have to take a copy of the TSB. My service advisor and tech were well aware of the DCT TSB and the code was downloaded and ready to install when I arrived at the dealership. We had discussed the TSB and its applicability over the phone first.

That's service!
Wish I could say that for mine. See the 2012 Focus issues thread elsewhere.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:25 PM   #420
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyall2010 View Post
I am taking mine in tomorrow! I have the NYT article, Motor Trend article, and the TSB Bulletin itself in my hand!
I took all the too and the guy refused to look at it lol but luckily the still did the update

Bookmarks & Social Networks