DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 41 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-14-2012, 03:51 PM   #401
bobakman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89045
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 bobakman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6769MOPARS View Post
Have you read this thread?
Yes I have read that thread and it definitely is worth a try. And I also find it interesting that you had the specific TSB number listed on the invoice. I reviewed my invoice again and It does have the In/Out Mileage and states it was road tested 4 Miles. But no specific TSB number.
See copy of my invoice Attached.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2012, 05:53 PM   #402
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90974
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 5 noahsfocus Good Standing Member
[QUOTE=bobakman;3966513]Yes I have read that thread and it definitely is worth a try. And I also find it interesting that you had the specific TSB number listed on the invoice. I reviewed my invoice again and It does have the In/Out Mileage and states it was road tested 4 Miles. But no specific TSB number.
See copy of my invoice Attached

Noticed it doesn't mention if the drive cycle was performed and without knowing the milage hard to say if they did it or not. It would take more than 4 miles to perform the drive cycle since the last step is driving 55-65 for 2 min for 2 cycles.
I would go ahead and perform it yourself just to be sure since you just had your update now would be the perfect time.
I also didn't get a TSB# on my invoice so unsure if I got the newest (-02A) update. Will have to ask the dealer and see if they know. If anyone knows the exact date the newest software was released then please post it. I'll have to read back on this post but seems like people were getting the newest around mid December.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:06 PM   #403
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89399
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 danyall2010 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobakman View Post
Yes I have read that thread and it definitely is worth a try. And I also find it interesting that you had the specific TSB number listed on the invoice. I reviewed my invoice again and It does have the In/Out Mileage and states it was road tested 4 Miles. But no specific TSB number.

I am going to call my dealer this week and schedule it. I now want to get it done sooner than the end of January. It seems like you are having luck with getting it done. Bobakman, can you PM me on the dealer and service advisor you got? I live in Weston, not far from Sunrise and so far, I had not had any luck with the dealers. Maybe this time it will be different! Thank you and if I get it done, I will ask them to include the TSB numer in the receipt.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:40 AM   #404
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobakman View Post

My tech is very thorough and documents everything. I really LIKE that. If you would like a copy of my invoice, I can scan and upload it. I drove the car last night. It shifts the way I expect. I did feel a very, very slight shudder when I did some harder than normal braking and it came to a quick stop. But, no stalling. I expect this behavior from a manual. It would normally shift at 2500-3500 under regular throttle and 4000 and above for heavier throttle. Shifts were always crisp and very smooth.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #405
jbird1955
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48235
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 jbird1955 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsfocus View Post
Hey again Joe,

Good to hear u got your update and you noticed the improvements. Shouldn't be necassary to perform the drive cycle as long as your sure they did it. Doesn't hurt tho to perform the drive cycle more than once just in case if your not sure they did it or did all the steps correctly. More than likely they did a good job like most dealers do.

Good question about what the difference is with the latest (-02a) update. That was my next question too. I got my update on Dec10 so I think I just missed the latest version. If amyone can get ahold of the latest TSB 11-10-02A then please let us know and post it here. Wonder if this latest version would help everyone with a pre Dec build date and would it be noticable for those who have TSB 11-10-02 already installed. Would be nice to know the improvements so we can decide if it will be good update to get.

Thanks and happy driving!
Noah
No, didn't get the update, just pulled the power for 20 minutes and then did the drive cycle. Big difference with just that. No adverse affect to the milage either (same actually). I like how it holds itself in gear and doesn't hunt under acceleration to figure out where it wants to be. That last part drove me nuts.

I still will get the update and when I do I'll also perform the drive cycle again myself when I get it home.

As to the 2A label, I think I read somewhere that it is a minor change to help with towing. No idea how true that is.

Joe
Old 01-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #406
bravesfan85
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93882
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 bravesfan85 Good Standing Member
Just registered to add to this thread. I took our hatch into the dealer yesterday for an oil change and to apply the update. We explained to them the same issues that apply to the update TSB. They tested it out and applied tsb 12-01-04. It applies to cars built on or before Dec. 9th IIRC. Our DCT definitely shifts at higher rpm and doesn't lurch forward as soon as you press the accelerator anymore. We also had a squeaking noise looked at from the dash and it was a loose clip that was replaced. Noise gone and transmission fixed. Both issues were the only ones we had with the car that we bought new with only 36 miles on it. From the looks of things it seems we lucked out. Lithia Ford of Boise has been the best dealership I've dealt with and they go out of their way to make us feel at ease.

Just my .02.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:45 PM   #407
st falcon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92343
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy HATCH SEL

FF Reputation: 3 st falcon Good Standing Member
[QUOTE=bravesfan85;3967437]....Our DCT definitely shifts at higher rpm and doesn't lurch forward as soon as you press the accelerator anymore...[QUOTE]Thats the only thing I notice out transmission had from time to time, all gone after the update...

1996 Bronco XLT 351W
Cant wait for Summer when I pop the top!!
Old 01-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #408
eyeballeater
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87226
What I Drive: 2012 Sedan SE with sport appearance

FF Reputation: 1 eyeballeater Good Standing Member
How are you guys getting this update done? I'm fighting with our local service adviser to try to get the update and he says that Ford requires a DTC to come up before they'll do an update! Hes being nice about it and so am I but I can't help but feel that I need this update done. My build date was may 2011. I drove another focus a couple weeks back with a couple thousand miles less and it drives totally differently.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:54 AM   #409
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeballeater View Post
How are you guys getting this update done? I'm fighting with our local service adviser to try to get the update and he says that Ford requires a DTC to come up before they'll do an update! Hes being nice about it and so am I but I can't help but feel that I need this update done. My build date was may 2011. I drove another focus a couple weeks back with a couple thousand miles less and it drives totally differently.
I worked directly with the service adviser and the tech. I did not require any DTD to be thrown. The description of the TSB specifically targets your car and many others built before August 12th.

If your dealer won't help, try another dealer or escalate through FordCustomerService on this site. I think your dealer is "misinformed".
Old 01-18-2012, 09:21 AM   #410
kelscar
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88165
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 kelscar Good Standing Member
I don't recall anyone in here getting or needing a CEL/DTC to get the update done.

Bookmarks & Social Networks