DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 36 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-02-2012, 04:31 AM   #351
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binyana2011 View Post
Just be sincere and polite in your approach. Don't try to blow smoke up her skirt because if she has been in the business for any amount of time she will know it right away.

The relationship I have with my dealership did not start overnight. I stopped in many times looking at cars and talking to people. When I knew I was just looking I would be honest with them and tell them up front. I would also be sure to catch them at slow times and watch to see if anyone else needed helping. If so I would step aside and to allow my salesman to help them as they could be a potential sale. The business/client relationship has actually developed into a friendship.

As for the service department, I got to know them through some minor warranty things I needed done at various times on a couple of vehicles. Again, I would always ask when they could fit me in as my schedule is quite flexible (which it truly is). I was never demanding and always made sure we were both clear on what the issue was. I would take the time to introduce myself to the technician if he was free. Lastly, I take the time to say hi and chat a bit even when I was not in for service.

It is really all about treating people as you would want to be treated; not having unreasonable expectations; understanding that today's cars are very complex machines and that the issue might be hard to duplicate or fix; and being polite even if things did not go they way you expected.

I just bought my third car from them in four years. I expect to buy more in the future.
^yup. Be courteous but don't be a suck-up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #352
JesseE1981
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88551
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 JesseE1981 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Is anyone else experiencing this....

I actually have had the update applied to my Focus, and it was great for a couple of weeks or so, but now the transmission seems to be rough again. I'm not geting the "jump" or the "stutter" I was getting prior to the upgrade, but the transmission shifts VERY weird and hard from first into second. It's almost like the car reverted to the stock software, which I know isn't possible, but that's how it's acting again. Has anyone else experienced odd behavior like this AFTER the update?
Old 01-08-2012, 12:20 AM   #353
bsp_53
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87580
What I Drive: 2012 FF Titanium HB, Yellow Blaze

FF Reputation: 1 bsp_53 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseE1981 View Post

I actually have had the update applied to my Focus, and it was great for a couple of weeks or so, but now the transmission seems to be rough again. I'm not geting the "jump" or the "stutter" I was getting prior to the upgrade, but the transmission shifts VERY weird and hard from first into second. It's almost like the car reverted to the stock software, which I know isn't possible, but that's how it's acting again. Has anyone else experienced odd behavior like this AFTER the update?
Not here ... so far so good (been a couple of thousand miles).
Hatch Nation #174
Old 01-08-2012, 01:00 AM   #354
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseE1981 View Post

Was the adaptive learning step performed? I'd call the tech or go see him and talk to him about what you are experiencing.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #355
clickman
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93645
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 1 clickman Good Standing Member
I apologize for running out of gas after about page 15, but we're looking to buy and wondering after what build date the problems were resolved, if they in fact were. Thanks.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #356
FF4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33566
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 0 FF4 Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by clickman View Post
I apologize for running out of gas after about page 15, but we're looking to buy and wondering after what build date the problems were resolved, if they in fact were. Thanks.
cars produced from Aug 12th on have the updated software. Motor Trend said there was also a small software "tweak" in December (which is unconfirmed).

Motor Trend tested the Aug software update and said "Sure enough, my Focus Titanium's six-speed PowerShift felt much more like a mainstream DSG at launch, creeping with feet off the pedals, and during shifts, and it now handles parallel parking maneuvers with no lurching. "
Old 01-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #357
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF4 View Post
cars produced from Aug 12th on have the updated software. Motor Trend said there was also a small software "tweak" in December (which is unconfirmed).

Motor Trend tested the Aug software update and said "Sure enough, my Focus Titanium's six-speed PowerShift felt much more like a mainstream DSG at launch, creeping with feet off the pedals, and during shifts, and it now handles parallel parking maneuvers with no lurching. "
There was a DCT software update available for my 12/11/12 build date that was applied last week, which I assume is the December "tweak". I noticed no big difference though it seems it has to relearn a few things, like how to launch after extended urban driving without clutch chatter. Hope its superior intellect enables it to learn quickly.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:49 AM   #358
SFoonSFO
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93656
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL 4dr - Silver - DCT

FF Reputation: 1 SFoonSFO Good Standing Member
My build date is 12/16/11. DCT was re-flashed last week at 105 miles. Initially it seemed slightly better. After putting on another 400 miles... the shutter / clutch chatter at a standing start and shift qualities seemed better. Going to give it the "acid test" tomorrow - commute traffic and San Francisco hills. Please update us dan50. QUESTION TO ALL who have success when the DCT was reprogrammed. How long (in miles) after the software update did it take before you noticed the DCT working properly?

Last edited by SFoonSFO; 01-09-2012 at 12:53 AM. Reason: added question for the site
Old 01-09-2012, 02:41 AM   #359
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFoonSFO View Post
My build date is 12/16/11. DCT was re-flashed last week at 105 miles. Initially it seemed slightly better. After putting on another 400 miles... the shutter / clutch chatter at a standing start and shift qualities seemed better. Going to give it the "acid test" tomorrow - commute traffic and San Francisco hills. Please update us dan50. QUESTION TO ALL who have success when the DCT was reprogrammed. How long (in miles) after the software update did it take before you noticed the DCT working properly?
My wife and I notice very little, if any, difference. Our DCT was shifting ok before the update. Make good use of the hill assist in SFO. My wife wishes it would work on any slope. We have many minor slopes around here. I told her to use the darn brake.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #360
daltonm
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 88842
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 daltonm Good Standing Member
Just took in car, dealership verified the engine shudder and lagging acceleration. Applied TSB 11-10-02. They said I might not notice anything until after 100 miles, but I noticed much smoother acceleration immediately.

Bookmarks & Social Networks