DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 35 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-30-2011, 08:20 PM   #341
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89399
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 danyall2010 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
After the PCM flash, the car does need to relearn itself - or whatever fuzzy logic is in there.

I'm not sure if that would cause the stuttering or not. But I can't say I'd be surprised if Ford told me my clutch was shot. My transmission shifted really weird before the recalibration flash which is why I got the update as soon as I learned it was available. I even wrote Ford and told them to be more proactive about reflashing the transmissions if customers asked. I hope they took my advice.
Thank you for writing Ford and letting them know about this. I hope that the message will eventually go into the dealers ears and converted into action.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2011, 09:30 PM   #342
valmundo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89368
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE & 2013 ST2

Points 3,950, Level 39
Points: 3,950, Level: 39 Points: 3,950, Level: 39 Points: 3,950, Level: 39
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 12 valmundo Great Standing Member
I also wrote to Ford about this today. I wonder what they will say. Pines Ford is almost as worthless as Sawgrass. I called them too and they were hesitant to touch my car unless there was a recall.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:33 PM   #343
BigFuzzyArchon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87167
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch Sport Package

FF Reputation: 1 BigFuzzyArchon Good Standing Member
I got my focus at maroone ford and wonder if anybody out there has had any experience with them and getting the update done?
Old 12-30-2011, 11:43 PM   #344
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast

I also went to Maroone Ford in Ft. Lauderdale off of US1 a few months back and also told me it is normal. I originally bought my car there. South Florida in general sucks when it comes to service. It seems other regions have better luck. Must be the water!
Old 12-31-2011, 07:56 AM   #345
valmundo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89368
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE & 2013 ST2

Points 3,950, Level 39
Points: 3,950, Level: 39 Points: 3,950, Level: 39 Points: 3,950, Level: 39
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 12 valmundo Great Standing Member
Ok. So I have been driving my car for 24 hours and there is a vast improvement. I am relieved and happy. The trick is to find the right dealership to get this done.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:26 AM   #346
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by valmundo View Post
Ok. So I have been driving my car for 24 hours and there is a vast improvement. I am relieved and happy. The trick is to find the right dealership to get this done.
I am waiting until my first oil change to apply this TSB. I have already discussed the TSB with my tech at Team Ford in Marietta and he has researched the TSB and will be ready to apply the update. I have developed a good working relationship with a service writer and a tech at Team Ford. I use only them and have never had a service problem.

The TSB should be applied to the Focus (my wife's car) in the next week or so.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #347
Binyana2011
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87240
What I Drive: 2012 RCM Ti Hatch, 2012 Elantra Ltd

FF Reputation: 5 Binyana2011 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6769MOPARS View Post
I am waiting until my first oil change to apply this TSB. I have already discussed the TSB with my tech at Team Ford in Marietta and he has researched the TSB and will be ready to apply the update. I have developed a good working relationship with a service writer and a tech at Team Ford. I use only them and have never had a service problem.

The TSB should be applied to the Focus (my wife's car) in the next week or so.
This is so key. I have an outstanding relationship with my dealer and the service department. I have been very nice and fair with them and I have referred a lot of business their way. In return, they have treated me well and have bent over backwards to ensure I am a satisfied customer.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #348
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binyana2011 View Post
This is so key. I have an outstanding relationship with my dealer and the service department. I have been very nice and fair with them and I have referred a lot of business their way. In return, they have treated me well and have bent over backwards to ensure I am a satisfied customer.
Exactly. If you approach the dealer in a negative fashion, you will only reap what you sow. Service writers and techs are people too. Treat them with respect and they will do the same to you. And, ask questions. Be sure you explain exactly what your car's problem is. The service people cannot read minds. If you hear an explanation you do not understand, or with which you disagree, ask why. It's amazing that the same dealer can have customers who get excellent service and others who are dissatisfied.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #349
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast

I agree with the above posts! Before I go back to Pines Ford-Lincoln, I will go to Sawgrass first. My grandfather knows a great adviser who took good care of him. I will make an appointment with that adviser. When I get there, I will let her know that she is doing a great job servicing his car (which is the truth, anyways). I am also interested in doing business with her. She will hear from me how wonderful the 2012 Focus is and reference reviews from Car and Driver and other organizations. I will give the problems that the transmission is giving me (flare up, slow response, occasional grinding noise, etc). I will also tell her that I have done a lot of research on the problem and let her know of a possible solution. I might also mention in the conversation that the later 2012 models (built 8/13 and after) already have the updated programming.

Before I take "Breathless Mahoney" in, I will wash and perhaps wax my car. The interior will be squeaky clean and detailed. I believe that the cleaner the car, the better service that I will receive. There will not be a shread of paper or even dust in the car.

I will take my car in around the end of January just to give the transmission a chance.

What do you think of my approach and is there anything I should add? I might of asked this question before, but I am trying to refine my approach.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #350
Binyana2011
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87240
What I Drive: 2012 RCM Ti Hatch, 2012 Elantra Ltd

FF Reputation: 5 Binyana2011 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyall2010 View Post
I agree with the above posts! Before I go back to Pines Ford-Lincoln, I will go to Sawgrass first. My grandfather knows a great adviser who took good care of him. I will make an appointment with that adviser. When I get there, I will let her know that she is doing a great job servicing his car (which is the truth, anyways). I am also interested in doing business with her. She will hear from me how wonderful the 2012 Focus is and reference reviews from Car and Driver and other organizations. I will give the problems that the transmission is giving me (flare up, slow response, occasional grinding noise, etc). I will also tell her that I have done a lot of research on the problem and let her know of a possible solution. I might also mention in the conversation that the later 2012 models (built 8/13 and after) already have the updated programming.

Before I take "Breathless Mahoney" in, I will wash and perhaps wax my car. The interior will be squeaky clean and detailed. I believe that the cleaner the car, the better service that I will receive. There will not be a shread of paper or even dust in the car.

I will take my car in around the end of January just to give the transmission a chance.

What do you think of my approach and is there anything I should add? I might of asked this question before, but I am trying to refine my approach.
Just be sincere and polite in your approach. Don't try to blow smoke up her skirt because if she has been in the business for any amount of time she will know it right away.

The relationship I have with my dealership did not start overnight. I stopped in many times looking at cars and talking to people. When I knew I was just looking I would be honest with them and tell them up front. I would also be sure to catch them at slow times and watch to see if anyone else needed helping. If so I would step aside and to allow my salesman to help them as they could be a potential sale. The business/client relationship has actually developed into a friendship.

As for the service department, I got to know them through some minor warranty things I needed done at various times on a couple of vehicles. Again, I would always ask when they could fit me in as my schedule is quite flexible (which it truly is). I was never demanding and always made sure we were both clear on what the issue was. I would take the time to introduce myself to the technician if he was free. Lastly, I take the time to say hi and chat a bit even when I was not in for service.

It is really all about treating people as you would want to be treated; not having unreasonable expectations; understanding that today's cars are very complex machines and that the issue might be hard to duplicate or fix; and being polite even if things did not go they way you expected.

I just bought my third car from them in four years. I expect to buy more in the future.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.